Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Just to keep the record straight

  1. #1
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Just to keep the record straight

    With the argument at a fever pitch lately about abortion, any time a moral person suggests abortion be illegal, look what the left brings up. The left says stop abortion, what about rape? Well a little research reveals that abortions due to rape is less than one half of one percent. Not much of an argument.

  2. #2
    Advisor LouC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Near Boise, ID
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    442

    Re: Just to keep the record straight

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    With the argument at a fever pitch lately about abortion, any time a moral person suggests abortion be illegal, look what the left brings up. The left says stop abortion, what about rape? Well a little research reveals that abortions due to rape is less than one half of one percent. Not much of an argument.
    What about all the immoral people who think abortion on demand should be illegal?

    Lord knows being anti abortion is no litmus test to being moral.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. ~ Isaac Asimov

  3. #3
    Guru
    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,164

    Re: Just to keep the record straight

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    With the argument at a fever pitch lately about abortion, any time a moral person suggests abortion be illegal, look what the left brings up. The left says stop abortion, what about rape? Well a little research reveals that abortions due to rape is less than one half of one percent. Not much of an argument.
    So are you saying those rape victims should be forced to carry to term, regardless of their individual circumstances, age, physical or mental health, because there is a relatively small number of them? Or are you saying there should be exceptions to the illegality of abortion, you just think they wouldn’t be applied very often?

  4. #4
    Guru
    Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Just to keep the record straight

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    With the argument at a fever pitch lately about abortion, any time a moral person suggests abortion be illegal, look what the left brings up. The left says stop abortion, what about rape? Well a little research reveals that abortions due to rape is less than one half of one percent. Not much of an argument.
    More troll **** for the forum to deal with

  5. #5
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,073

    Re: Just to keep the record straight

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    With the argument at a fever pitch lately about abortion, any time a moral person suggests abortion be illegal, look what the left brings up. The left says stop abortion, what about rape? Well a little research reveals that abortions due to rape is less than one half of one percent. Not much of an argument.
    Nobody is forcing you to have an abortion but like the authoritarian you are, you can't help but want to dictate what others do or don't do.
    Support DACA/Dreamers. "Find your humanity! Haven't any of you ever had a dream?"
    _____________________________________________

  6. #6
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Flori-duh
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,706

    Re: Just to keep the record straight

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    With the argument at a fever pitch lately about abortion, any time a moral person suggests abortion be illegal, look what the left brings up. The left says stop abortion, what about rape? Well a little research reveals that abortions due to rape is less than one half of one percent. Not much of an argument.
    Whose morals? Yours? Mine? Does a person thinking that abortion should be illegal make them moral? The abortion 'issue' which isn't an issue, is only an issue to those who oppose 'the law'. Fever pitch huh, well maybe the right should stop screaming about it and lower the level of crazy?
    When I stop answering you, there's a reason.......repeat, When I stop answering you, there's a reason.

  7. #7
    Guru

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,647

    Re: Just to keep the record straight

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    With the argument at a fever pitch lately about abortion, any time a moral person suggests abortion be illegal, look what the left brings up. The left says stop abortion, what about rape? Well a little research reveals that abortions due to rape is less than one half of one percent. Not much of an argument.
    How Often Does Rape Lead to Pregnancy? - The Atlantic
    Just to keep the record straight, the actual percentage is 5% of women of the age to have children get pregnant when raped.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    02-16-19 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    448

    Re: Just to keep the record straight

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampson Simpson View Post
    More troll **** for the forum to deal with
    I love trolls. I get to walk away knowing that I'm smart. They get to walk away knowing that they are stupid. Its a win win. Lmao

  9. #9
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,418

    Re: Just to keep the record straight

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    With the argument at a fever pitch lately about abortion, any time a moral person suggests abortion be illegal, look what the left brings up. The left says stop abortion, what about rape? Well a little research reveals that abortions due to rape is less than one half of one percent. Not much of an argument.
    Most abortions are about unregenerate adults wanting to escape the responsibilities of raising a child after having engaged in sex just for pleasure.

  10. #10
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    522

    Re: Just to keep the record straight

    Quote Originally Posted by independentusa View Post
    How Often Does Rape Lead to Pregnancy? - The Atlantic
    Just to keep the record straight, the actual percentage is 5% of women of the age to have children get pregnant when raped.
    Do further research, you are wrong.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •