Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 110

Thread: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

  1. #11
    User Incredulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    My house.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    Polling is lip service. Child hunger should not exist in America; yet it does - in EVERY county in the United States.


    6 Startling Facts About Child Hunger in the U.S.

    "You see a lot of PSAs about international hunger and how hunger is threatening lives around the world," Clay Dunn, chief communications officer at nonprofit No Kid Hungry, tells Mashable. "What most people don't realize is that we have an epidemic of hunger right here."

    1. 16 million American kids struggle with hunger each year.
    2. 62% of teachers say children in their classrooms are coming to school hungry.
    3. Children facing hunger are twice as likely to repeat a grade in elementary school.
    4. Nearly half of all food stamp recipients are children.
    5. 20% of food-insecure families are not eligible for government assistance.
    6. Black and latino children experience hunger and double the rate of white children.


    Childhood Hunger in America Statistics and Facts

    "Kids who don’t get enough to eat — especially during their first three years — begin life at a serious disadvantage. When they’re hungry, children are more likely to be hospitalized and they face higher risks of health conditions like anemia and asthma. And as they grow up, kids struggling to get enough to eat are more likely to have problems in school and other social situations."


    We have the food supply. You can want, wish, and dream for all babies to be born wanted and cared for but that's not reality.

  2. #12
    Been There...Done That
    Logician Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,853

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Good for you. That didn't address what I asked. Why can't you compromise with them? 80% of america, at the very least, want babies taken care of when they're born. Why not run pro-life democrats in the south then, beef up child benefit programs, and let them illegalize abortion? It seems everyone gets what they want then, in your argument.
    My OP really doesn't make any argument. It asks for answers to two specific questions....neither of which you addressed.

  3. #13
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,668

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    Quote Originally Posted by Logician Man View Post
    My OP really doesn't make any argument. It asks for answers to two specific questions....neither of which you addressed.
    because these 'pro-lifers' who don't think babies should be taken care of after birth and have the opportunity to have a good parents and go to school.....I'd like to know who these pro-lifers are because I don't know a single pro-life organization that's against these things. So it seems your questions are on false pretenses. I'm prolife, AND I want babies taken care after they're born. What's inconsistent about that?

  4. #14
    Professor Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,755

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    Abortion is just another avenue for people to try to force their religion on others. That's all there is to it. If pro-life actually believed the unborn were people, not a single clinic would remain standing by dawn 2/5/2019 (only the morally bankrupt would tolerate such a facility).
    Because most Pro-Lifers are law-abiding citizens and try to work to change what they consider to be unjust laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    They're all liers, they don't even realize the bible is not pro-life.
    That presumes that all pro-life advocates divine their beliefs from Biblical scripture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    Hypocrites, every last one.
    Total nonsense, Wayne Jr.
    Itís in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, itís easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

  5. #15
    Professor Felis Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,755

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    Quote Originally Posted by Logician Man View Post
    1) Other than voicing outrage against 'legal' abortions on a message board, what have you done, are doing, or will do in the future to help the unborns and after they are actually born,
    If I may, Logician Man, why are Pro-Life people obligated to do anything more than save the life of the unborn, in your opinion?* If you save a homeless person by dragging him out of an abandoned building that had caught fire, should you then be obligated to then give him a room in your house and to feed him and clothe him?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logician Man View Post
    and 2), Is is just possible it is more appropriate to say you are more of a pro-birth supporter than a pro-life supporter ?
    I would say that if the children of unplanned or unwanted pregnancies were at risk of starving to death in the United States, and pro-life conservatives let them starve in their communities certainly. But I have no evidence of that.

    *EDIT: Doing a brief search of Pro-Life Advocacy Sites leads me to find most of them are ardently pro-Adoption, and encourage pro-life supporters to put their money where their mouth is.
    Last edited by Felis Leo; 02-05-19 at 11:47 AM.
    Itís in the small things that the rot starts. Do the wrong thing once, itís easier to do it again. Do the individualistic thing once, it is easy to do it again.

    Fiat justitia, et pereat mundus

  6. #16
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Flori-duh
    Last Seen
    02-17-19 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,706

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    The right loves a fetus, it's the baby they don't care much for. You know the welfare queens with a hundred and ten babies. It's just another way for the religious to impose their beliefs on others. The same party who says we want government out of our business.

    They say they are pro-life but are more than willing to cut the lifelines to those in need. Go figure.
    When I stop answering you, there's a reason.......repeat, When I stop answering you, there's a reason.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,721

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    Because most Pro-Lifers are law-abiding citizens and try to work to change what they consider to be unjust laws.
    By why impose on others their beliefs?

    That presumes that all pro-life advocates divine their beliefs from Biblical scripture.
    By far most are ignorant religious zealots and very often hypocrites.

  8. #18
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,400

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    Pro-life is a play on words, an emotional power play by theocrats and charlatans who want to force a woman to give birth in retribution for "poor behavior".

    The entire movement is an abject fraud and a derelict throwback to monarchic rule.

    The right to choose must be preserved. Women in this country will not stand for it, and, I, will stand with them, armed, against stately tyranny.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

  9. #19
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,400

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    Because most Pro-Lifers are law-abiding citizens and try to work to change what they consider to be unjust laws.

    They are charlatans and demagogues spending money to inject religious belief into legislation. Do not fool yourself into thinking this is not based in christian authoritarianism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis Leo View Post
    That presumes that all pro-life advocates divine their beliefs from Biblical scripture.
    The anti-choice, pro birth movement began with the catholic church. I don't particularly give a **** about the individuals that compose the movement. I care about who pulls the strings. That and the evangelical movement after them.

    The entire thing is rooted in christianity.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

  10. #20
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    84

    Re: Pro-life vs. pro-birth

    Quote Originally Posted by Logician Man View Post
    1) Other than voicing outrage against 'legal' abortions on a message board, what have you done, are doing, or will do in the future to help the unborns and after they are actually born, and 2), Is is just possible it is more appropriate to say you are more of a pro-birth supporter than a pro-life supporter ?
    1) It's been reasonably established that religious/conservative people are more charitable than liberal/non-religious people. If not on an individual level, definitely on a systematic one. Christian churches are among the most charitable organizations in the world. So yeah, I'd say the pro-lifers are doing their part in supporting life after birth for the needy.

    2) I don't think the pro-choice side is in any position to accuse pro-lifers of hiding behind euphemisms. The entire abortion movement is full of strategic wording which abortion clinics have admitted to using in order to ease the mental grief of mothers wanting an abortion. Calling the dismemberment of a child and then sucking out the puss 'pro-choice' is way more inaccurate.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •