Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 660

Thread: Does a woman have a right...

  1. #611
    Guru AlphaOmega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    3,304

    Re: King Solomon knew better

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    We don't have the right to take another human being's life. Nobody is saying we do.
    Then what life are you killing during an abortion? I'd post pictured of unborn killed by people who think the way you do but lets face it, no one would allow your ideology to acrually be seen on an internet forum.

  2. #612
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,624

    Re: Mostly

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    From PubMed:
    Abortion is not something civilized Christians or Jews practiced, quite likely because of their focus on God and their need to please Him in this life.

  3. #613
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,426

    Re: Mostly

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Abortion is not something civilized Christians or Jews practiced, quite likely because of their focus on God and their need to please Him in this life.
    In the Jewish Religion the life of woman was always valued over the life of the unborn.

    Many Christian Religious do not belive the unborn has a soul.
    The Bible taught them about the breath of life and that the soul enters into a newborn with the breath life.

    God breathed into Adams nose and mouth and Adam became a living soul.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  4. #614
    Educator
    TheRepublican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,107

    Re: King Solomon knew better

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    What???
    Itís funny how the title asks Does a woman have a right? Well define the right because I think she has every right to have a abortion but, whenever we get these pro-lifers they donít want people to have a voice for themselves or whatever. I disagree with that you can decide to get a abortion at full term because you just feel like you donít want it is irresponsible and you should be ashamed of yourself. Now, letís say that you are in the embryo stage then people should mind their own business and, leave you alone. Iím not against abortion but yet, we have the pill so whatís the difference ?

  5. #615
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: King Solomon knew better

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Then what life are you killing during an abortion? I'd post pictured of unborn killed by people who think the way you do but lets face it, no one would allow your ideology to acrually be seen on an internet forum.
    Nonsense. Even the bible didn't believe a fetus was an actual human being.

    The bible very clearly makes distinction between the two.

    Moreover, I don't care for your emotional nonsense.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

  6. #616
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Mostly

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    Abortion is not something civilized Christians or Jews practiced, quite likely because of their focus on God and their need to please Him in this life.
    54% of abortions in the US are done on christians. They are self proclaimed christians, so don't try the "real christians" nonsense.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

  7. #617
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Mostly

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    In the Jewish Religion the life of woman was always valued over the life of the unborn.

    Many Christian Religious do not belive the unborn has a soul.
    The Bible taught them about the breath of life and that the soul enters into a newborn with the breath life.

    God breathed into Adams nose and mouth and Adam became a living soul.
    Not to mention the bible says the punishment for murder is death. However, beating a pregnant woman and causing her to lose the baby is not punishable by death. Thus the bible makes a distinction here that biblical evangelists are ignoring for political convenience.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

  8. #618
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,624

    Re: Mostly

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    In the Jewish Religion the life of woman was always valued over the life of the unborn.

    Many Christian Religious do not belive the unborn has a soul.
    The Bible taught them about the breath of life and that the soul enters into a newborn with the breath life.

    God breathed into Adams nose and mouth and Adam became a living soul.
    Adam became a living soul after he was formed by God as an adult. God teaches that humans have souls in the womb. See Psalm 139 and Luke 1:41.

  9. #619
    Sage
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,624

    Re: Mostly

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    54% of abortions in the US are done on christians. They are self proclaimed christians, so don't try the "real christians" nonsense.
    No Bible scholar in the world, except for quacks and liars, will claim the Bible teaches women to abort babies.

  10. #620
    Professor Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Mostly

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    No Bible scholar in the world, except for quacks and liars, will claim the Bible teaches women to abort babies.
    You want to go down this road?

    2 Kings 15:16
    Psalms 137:8-9
    Exodus 12:29
    Isaiah 13:15-18
    Jeremiah 19:7-9
    Let's not forget the one you lot forget the most:

    Romans 13: 1-7 - “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which god has established. The authorities that exist have been established by god. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what god has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he shall commend you. For he is god’s servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is god’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. There fore it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

    This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are god’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes, if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”


    Suspect how you guys constantly ignore this.

    The biblical god has zero respect for life. None.

    Does he tell them to abort fetuses? No. But he clearly doesn't value their lives, else he wouldn't have his chosen ripping open women and dashing infants against the rocks.

    What a hate filled, wicked, evil book. It has zero moral authority here, or anywhere. It has been exposed for the brutal dumpster fire it is.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven. - Milton

    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •