Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 148 of 148

Thread: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

  1. #141
    Educator Obscurity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    623

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    But you make the pregnant woman LESS of a human being when you eliminate her life choices. How you see pregnancy is unclear because of your lack of understanding and your willful lack of desire to understand.




    Perhaps you could use a dictionary. Possession of human DNA does not make A human. Perhaps understanding the word "person" would aid you.





    Lack of understanding of pregnancy. Many women cannot work until immediately before birth and those who do manage it, do it enduring hardship. If a woman does not want to be pregnant, that time being pregnant, recovering from pregnancy, rearing the resulting child, say 20 years, is not her time anymore, her life is not her own. A change in life of such magnitude should certainly be a choice to the person affected. Death of an organism which has never known life is not a hardship on any but parents who possibly desperately wanted a child. A zef does not have a life of its own; it only has the life that a woman GIVES it, and no woman should be required to make that sacrifice.
    I always love the anti-choicers who try to minimize the impact of pregnancy and delivery on a woman's physical body and life choices for convenience to their argument.

    My wife and I have 2 children. I am getting a vasectomy so we have no more children. I have seen the physical consequences on pregnancy - and they are long lasting. Permanent issues that will not get better. Do they ruin her life? No. But, they change her life irrevocably.

    The anti-choice crowd is hypocritical.

    Your rights end where my body begins and that goes for women also.


    As the late, great Hitchens says - we know the cure for poverty; it is the empowerment of women.
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

  2. #142
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,932

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I must have missed that because it is so absurd. I dehumanize the unborn? Oh brooooother.
    Of course you do. When the significant and unpredictable risk of women losing their lives to pregnancy/childbirth is brought up, you attempt to justify your valuing the unborn more than women by reducing your argument to numbers...'more' unborn die.

    Merely a number, nothing about the actual life itself. Because to do that, then you have to state a subjective reason for your position, thus exposing the fact that you do indeed value the unborn more than women.

    (Or we get the 'innocent unborn' cliche but then no one ever tells me what the woman is guilty of.)

    Nope, I don't disrespect women. I have issue with women you kill their unborn children, though.
    The only alternative would be that you are too stupid to realize that any laws making abortion illegal and those that would be needed to track and identify women in the enforcement of such laws would apply to ALL women and girls of reproductive age.

    So I gave you the benefit of the doubt and based my opinion on pretty much everything you've written, that you just value the unborn more than women.
    Last edited by Lursa; Today at 02:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #143
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,932

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's amazing seeing you try to navigate a debate with your world so pock marked by blind spots. My comparative argument of what a woman loses when pregnant versus what a the child loses when killed inherently accepts that there is potential loss on both sides
    No one (unless committing suicide) gets a choice when they die. Why should the unborn be any different?

    Unless you are just focused on dehumanizing numbers, please recognize the fact that every single pregnancy is a risk to a woman's life.

    "Compare it" all you want, the fact remains that since it's not predictable or preventable, laws making abortion illegal would mean the govt forcing women to take those significant risks against their will. And many would die.

    So please explain what *besides numbers* (dehumanization) makes this ^^^ acceptable to you?



    (And btw, no one forces you to go to the Dr, no matter what kind of health care you have. Going to a Dr is a choice)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #144
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,932

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Oh, I absolutely do. You are wallowing in the moral gutter with the corpses of millions of dead, argument that it makes women's lives better while, by all objective measures, women are growing more miserable, less healthy and less fulfilled.
    Wow, look at the explosion of hyperbole! ha ha ha. Seems like a good sign you are failing to make any advancement in your argument.

    And you also seem to have a pretty sick imagination...that's a gross fantasy of yours...and not remotely realistic.

    (Since 97.5% of all abortions take place when the unborn is smaller than a pea, there'd be no such abhorrent waste pile as your imagination allows you to wallow in self-indulgently.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #145
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,932

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It factually is a living human which you want to be able to kill, so you rationalize away its humanity. It's what all genocides do.
    Science=fact=objective.

    But science applies no value...value is subjective.

    Society applies value to a human life stage.

    Value, morality.

    Who says it's immoral to kill humans in the pre-birth stages of development?
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #146
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,200

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No one (unless committing suicide) gets a choice when they die. Why should the unborn be any different?
    Nobody should get to choose when someone else dies...

    Unless you are just focused on dehumanizing numbers, please recognize the fact that every single pregnancy is a risk to a woman's life.
    Nope, you are the one arguing death for dollars.

    "Compare it" all you want, the fact remains that since it's not predictable or preventable, laws making abortion illegal would mean the govt forcing women to take those significant risks against their will. And many would die.
    Again, accidental, rare death versus near absolute certain death. Which would you choose for yourself? Every day you wake up and make it all the way to bedtime without killing yourself you have chosen the former over the latter. Who are you to choose the latter for someone else? Because they may burden you? That is sociopathic... that is Rae Carruth/Scott Peterson level barbarity.

    So please explain what *besides numbers* (dehumanization) makes this ^^^ acceptable to you?
    You don't understand words and are now imagining definitions as you flail your way through your cognitive dissonance fueled rationalizations.

    They are living humans. That is the argument.

    (And btw, no one forces you to go to the Dr, no matter what kind of health care you have. Going to a Dr is a choice)
    Would you limit abortion only to cases where you were forced to get pregnant?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #147
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,200

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Wow, look at the explosion of hyperbole! ha ha ha. Seems like a good sign you are failing to make any advancement in your argument.

    And you also seem to have a pretty sick imagination...that's a gross fantasy of yours...and not remotely realistic.

    (Since 97.5% of all abortions take place when the unborn is smaller than a pea, there'd be no such abhorrent waste pile as your imagination allows you to wallow in self-indulgently.)
    Not hyperbole, just the truth. I am on the side supporting life, you are on the side advocating for death of the innocent. That is just the facts.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #148
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,064

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Not hyperbole, just the truth. I am on the side supporting life, you are on the side advocating for death of the innocent. That is just the facts.
    Not facts. Many people/religions/and the US government do not believe the Unborn is a human being/ person/child/individual.

    We believe that life for a human comes with the first breath after birth.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •