Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 180

Thread: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

  1. #101
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,218

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Bias source?

    The Religious Coaliation of Reproduction is a large Coaliation with millions of members and is made up of over 30 churches and religious groups, including Jewish and many Protestant Churches.
    Are you saying a group with millions of members can't be biased or amoral?

    List of member churches and groups:

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reli...ductive_Choice
    Good, I know the churches to avoid.

    I believe that " The right of an individual to make their own choice about whether or not they will offer their body in the support of another organism is a moral good."

    This is by Rev.Debra W. Haffner
    God have mercy on her amoral soul.

    There are priests that molest children, they don't get a pass from me because they are priests.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #102
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,073

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Are you saying a group with millions of members can't be biased or amoral?

    .
    Are you calling the Jewish religion as whole immoral because their religious belief valves the life of the pregnant woman over that of the unborn?

    Many religions regard the woman as moral agent.

    Soul competency is a very important religious tenet that is held by many main line Christian religions.

    Many Christian faiths and other religious groups hold beliefs that reproductive choice including access to legal abortion is a part of our religious tenet.

    We believe that "Each person and each community of believers has the right to follow the dictates of their conscience, without compulsion from authoritative structures. "

    Here is a <SNIP> from an article about soul competency.

    From a Huffington Post article:


    Our faith tradition teaches soul competency, a Baptist principle that is violated in restricting the right to choose an abortion.
    Our forebears suffered greatly, even to the point of death, to express their conviction that no one stands between the individual and God.


    Furthermore, it is a it is God-given right to hold your own belief and to reject state-sponsored religion.

    This is the core Baptist principle of soul competency -- belief in the ability of each person to "rightly divide the word of God" (2 Timothy 2: 15) and act accordingly. Each person and each community of believers has the right to follow the dictates of their conscience, without compulsion from authoritative structures.
    Therefore, current legislation restricting women's reproductive choice also restricts moral choice.

    To restrict a woman's choice is to refuse her soul freedom.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/donna...76219884114808
    Last edited by minnie616; 01-09-19 at 09:18 PM.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,528

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Yet those that oppose abortion choose to force that "reckless" behavior upon them. Who is the burden then?
    That’s like saying that because stealing is made illegal then it forces poor people into reckless and illegal behavior to get out of poverty quickly

  4. #104
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,066

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    See? I DO hold the moral high ground due to that logical mess you call an argument. Without a heartbeat and breath you are denying that person EVERYTHING FOREVER. THat is of a higher order than anything done on a temporary basis. It just is.



    I absolutely consider it, you on the other hand run screaming from the evidence of what your ammoral worldview is doing to those women and girls.

    Life expectancy: Lower.
    Life Satisfaction: Down.
    Suicide rate: Up.

    But hey, you can kill your chidlren! So even trade!



    I'm not disregarding them. In fact, There are millions of women's lives who have been snuffed out, all of their tomorrows taken, in the womb. You don't give a **** about those women. That is why you shout up from the moral gutter.



    And how many of those kids want parents versus how many want to die? It's the basic reality that your broken ideology can't fit into the world view so you ignore it. If they want a family and want to live good lives then it would be immoral to have stolen that from them in the womb. You support it. You demand it. That is on your soul.



    So if you can't live the good life, better to end it shortly, is that the nonsense you are peddling now?

    Again, I hope you live long enough to understand the depravity of what you advocate for.
    A bunch of unsourced stuff in there about women and our lives however, you are very clear about your feelings on killing the unborn.

    Are you against abortion in cases of rape, incest with minors, and when the mother's life is in danger/the fetus has mortal defects?
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #105
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,218

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    A bunch of unsourced stuff in there about women and our lives however, you are very clear about your feelings on killing the unborn.

    Are you against abortion in cases of rape, incest with minors, and when the mother's life is in danger/the fetus has mortal defects?
    No, I've already sourced some of it, it is just in my responses that you are afraid to respond to (or read, apparently). But, for your perusal:

    Women dying younger.

    Women's life satisfaction on the decline.

    Women's suicide rate rising rapidly.

    Again, your brave new world is finally seeing women's equality.. you are approaching the same stress, lower life expectancy and suicide rates of men. Welcome to the progress of shared misery, ladies!
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #106
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,066

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    No, I've already sourced some of it, it is just in my responses that you are afraid to respond to (or read, apparently). But, for your perusal:

    Women dying younger.

    Women's life satisfaction on the decline.

    Women's suicide rate rising rapidly.

    Again, your brave new world is finally seeing women's equality.. you are approaching the same stress, lower life expectancy and suicide rates of men. Welcome to the progress of shared misery, ladies!
    Oh well, those are consequences and since men's dissatisfaction with life (rise in active shooters, incels, etc) is also rising and they still predominantly commit suicide and that's still rising, I'd say your list is worthless.

    I respect women enough to let them make their own life decisions and accept the consequences of those decisions. You are just using those links to pretend you care.

    Also, women have ALWAYS had abortions. All thru history. Lots of them. And they were much less safe. OTOH, the abortion rate is going down every year, so again, your links arent valid reflections regarding abortion.

    Now, how about answer the question?

    Are you against abortion in cases of rape, incest with minors, and when the mother's life is in danger/the fetus has mortal defects?
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #107
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,218

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Oh well, those are consequences and since men's dissatisfaction with life (rise in active shooters, incels, etc) is also rising and they still predominantly commit suicide and that's still rising, I'd say your list is worthless.
    You haven't reach true equality yet. Keep trying.

    I respect women enough to let them make their own life decisions and accept the consequences of those decisions. You are just using those links to pretend you care.
    Just not the ones in the womb., They die without recourse.

    Now, how about answer the question?
    It does, you revel in the misery of women and sell them false promises of a new way of life that is killing them.

    Add to that the simple fact that a normal pregnancy is less dangerous than an abortion and all of your dumb arguments of women's health and all the other excuses you lie to yourself with to be OK with killing the most vulnerable humans fly out the window. It's at that point you stop reading the truth and return to the comfort of the lies.

    Are you against abortion in cases of rape, incest with minors, and when the mother's life is in danger/the fetus has mortal defects?
    In cases where the mother would die the baby can't be viable.

    Would you limit abortions to only cases of rape and incest?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #108
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,066

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post

    In cases where the mother would die the baby can't be viable.
    There are definitely cases where it's either/or.

    But even so, you would see, ordered by law, a woman stroke out or lose her kidney function in order to continue a pregnancy. Good to know. (again, your imagined moral High Ground is quick sand, and I will be happy to point out additional evidence here.) I'm sure her other kids, her husband, boyfriend, parents, dont care. Wont be affected. Wont mind losing someone to death or disability that helped support the family...that they loved.

    So then you would see a woman have to relive the horror and trauma of the violence of rape for 9 months? (again...that moral High Ground just slipping away).

    Are you aware that once out of jail, the father may exercise his parental rights? And thus insert himself into their lives for 18 years? Demanding visitation and even joint custody?

    Would you limit abortions to only cases of rape and incest?
    That's what would be categorized as a 'stupid question,' right? Since you already know my position?

    No.

    Cool, now we see where you stand.

    Dont bother lying, you value the life of the unborn more than the life of women.

    *You* may believe that life...breathing, a heartbeat...is more important than the entirety of a life, but not everyone does. Again, most value quality of life over quantity. That lack of valuing anything but an involuntary biological reflex is about as dehumanizing as you can get. All living organisms pretty much do the same...but people aspire to more (the unborn are not 'people.') "A person" is so much much more.

    And you personally valuing 'living' above all else is also not a universal belief, altho you are welcome to it. Some do ascribe to "Better a living dog than a dead lion." But your views dont apply to everyone, so by no means should you or the govt be able to dictate it for others.

    Previously posted:

    The right to life AND the right to bear arms are specifically enshrined in the constitution.

    One does not supersede the other, they both exist to be enjoyed fully by the people, and that is that. There are no secondary rights.

    It's equal. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, not 'or.' It's not prioritized. (DOI)

    Where is it written in the Constitution that the right to life is pre-eminent over all the others?

    Individuals choose.*And many people choose to give up life and liberty for things like their country, their families, their religion, their principles, etc. So those 'inalienable' rights mean different things to different people and it's not up to strangers to tell others which they personally should value more highly. Nor to assume they can do the same for the unborn.

    There are 3 people here on this forum that have posted that they would have chosen not be born...and that's a significant % for such a small sampling as this forum.

    Again, 'life' is more than just breathing.*Why do you believe the unborn is more entitled to a life...the entirety of a life...than women?

    Dont worry, you dont have to answer that last question there, we already know your answer.

    But now you can see that your personal beliefs dont show that you hold the moral High Ground here.
    Last edited by Lursa; 01-10-19 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #109
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,218

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    There are definitely cases where it's either/or.

    But even so, you would see, ordered by law, a woman stroke out or lose her kidney function in order to continue a pregnancy. Good to know. (again, your imagined moral High Ground is quick sand, and I will be happy to point out additional evidence here.) I'm sure her other kids, her husband, boyfriend, parents, dont care. Wont be affected. Wont mind losing someone to death or disability that helped support the family...that they loved.
    People die driving to mandatory court appointments, is that my fault too for supporting the law? As I have already pointed out, a normal pregnancy has a lower mortality rate than an abortion. And, again, you ignore the other human in your brutal equation who is most certainly killed. You support this Minority Report style monstrous plan to kill the innocent before they become a problem... that is inescapably your argument.

    With every great genocide there is always dehumanization of the victim and support rallied around sympathetic stories about those poor people done wrong by them.. the pro-abortion argument checks all the boxes. Good job keeping the trend.


    So then you would see a woman have to relive the horror and trauma of the violence of rape for 9 months? (again...that moral High Ground just slipping away).
    Didn't say that, I asked you if you would limit abortions to only the cases of rape and incest.

    Are you aware that once out of jail, the father may exercise his parental rights? And thus insert himself into their lives for 18 years? Demanding visitation and even joint custody?
    Then change the law, don't kill the child. I mean, an abusive husband who nearly kills his wife can sue for visitation with the kids too... hey, I know, let's throw the kids off a cliff! Problem solved?


    That's what would be categorized as a 'stupid question,' right? Since you already know my position?

    No.
    I agree, I think the law should be changed.

    Cool, now we see where you stand.
    Nice straw man, Lursa. You are pulling out all of the fallacies... but I guess you have no other option since logic isn't on your side.

    Dont bother lying, you value the life of the unborn more than the life of women.
    You love restating this and then convenient avoiding my response.

    No, I don't value the life of the unborn more than I value the mother. I do see being killed in the womb as a greater threat to life than pregnancy though.

    The pro-abortion lobby is suffering from a giant, moral, sunken cost fallacy. There is no way at this point you can admit to the horrors you support and not hate yourself for what you have done. I get it.

    Some can, and do, and make amazing advocates for life, but most are just not strong enough.


    (more later)
    Last edited by jmotivator; 01-11-19 at 08:35 AM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #110
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,073

    Re: If anti-abortion, would you support other forms of population control?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    People die driving to mandatory court appointments, is that my fault too for supporting the law? As I have already pointed out, a normal pregnancy has a lower mortality rate than an abortion. ...
    And as Lursa has pointed out not every pregnacy “normal” in fact she has pointed out that “About 1000 deaths/yr in the US, plus another 86,000 near misses or permanent health damage (stroke, aneurysm, kidney failure, pre-eclampsia, etc)”

    All pregnancies come with the risk of taking a turn for the worse putting someone we love ( or perhaps ourselves) in danger of dying , nearly dying or having permanent health damage.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •