Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 261 to 266 of 266

Thread: [W:103]Abortion is legal

  1. #261
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,222

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by CFI302 View Post
    So some random number, huh?
    Not random.

    No preemie born at 21 weeks or earlier has ever survived.
    When it comes to matters of Reproductive health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  2. #262
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Flori-duh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,637

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Why can't a man abort his right to fatherhood then? Men may walk away emotionally and physically, but they will be legally bound by courts and wage garnishments to provide child support. Early term abortion within the first couple of weeks before major development is ok with me. Anything beyond that is barbaric and should not be a "right."
    Aborting a fetus is wrong but sentencing a walking breathing human to the death penalty is ok? The republicans claim they want government out of their personal business but yet seem to want to force government to get involved in others personal business. What gives?

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    01-25-19 @ 07:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    210

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Not random.

    No preemie born at 21 weeks or earlier has ever survived.
    Are you using that to justify killing something?

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    01-25-19 @ 07:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    210

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    This is the abortion forum you are posting in.
    You were comparing an unborn with born person on life support.
    Your anology fails since viability of an unborn was described by the court as : the Court sustained a statute defining viability as a stage where the fetus's life ``may be continued outside the womb by the natural or artificial life-supportive systems''.
    That claim of viability applied to an unborn baby. You want to apply it to everything. A unborn baby that relies on the mother for survival is no different than a person in a coma who relies on others for the same thing.

  5. #265
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,222

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by CFI302 View Post
    That claim of viability applied to an unborn baby. You want to apply it to everything. A unborn baby that relies on the mother for survival is no different than a person in a coma who relies on others for the same thing.
    It is diffent.
    If a pregnant woman dies before the unborn is viable and she no no longer has bodiliy functions the unborn will not survive even if quickly removed and given the vest best medical infant/technological support available.

    If the unborn was viable and the pregnant woman dies it can be quickly removed given medical infant/technological the infant will most likely survive the dad, a nurse, a grandparent or another person can care for the infant.
    Last edited by minnie616; 01-20-19 at 07:17 PM.
    When it comes to matters of Reproductive health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    01-25-19 @ 07:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    210

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    It is diffent.
    If a pregnant woman dies before the unborn is viable and she no no longer has bodiliy functions the unborn will not survive even if quickly removed and given the vest best medical infant/technological support available.

    If the unborn was viable and the pregnant woman dies it can be quickly removed given medical infant/technological the infant will most likely survive the dad, a nurse, a grandparent or another person can care for the infant.
    It's not different when both require someone else for survival.

    When you have to rely on some many "ifs", it invalidates your argument.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •