Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 266

Thread: [W:103]Abortion is legal

  1. #231
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12,829

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
    While abortion is legal right now, remember some 160 years ago slavery was legal, and it was fixed. Abortion needs to be fixed too.
    Abortion was once illegal and that mistake was fixed.

  2. #232
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,144

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by MFG View Post
    I stated a simple fact:
    In every western counties every man in endowed with certain rights, like the right to life or personal liberty.
    This is true even in the monarchic United Kingdom, I assure you mate. If you do not think it is true, I would love to know the reason.
    It's not a fact, you didnt produce any proof that it is so.

    And abortion is legal in all those countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #233
    Tenacious
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,144

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by MFG View Post
    The DOI was not a legal document but it was a political one. In Locke’s sentence the key word is BORN, in the DOI formulation the key word is CREATED.
    Anyhow, that is exactly the problem I was trying to explain to your lady friend. We can say that precious human life begins at birth, or that an individual becomes such at birth. That is a statement, that I don’t agree with, but that we can argue about.
    But if you say, like the did, that human life starts at conception, that an individual becomes such at the very moment of conception, then that person is endowed with the same constitutional rights of everyone else.
    That is another simple fact to understand.
    Then why dont all the 'Western countries" you keep referring to recognize rights for the unborn? None of them do.

    None of them agree with you...so that pretty much leaves us still asking: what authority says the unborn has a right to life? Besides you.

    If you could understand that people's moral perspectives on the unborn AND the law are subjective, and not based on biology, you'd be able to get a little further ahead in the discussion.

    Subjective: influenced by or based on personal beliefs or feelings, rather than based on facts:

    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...ish/subjective
    Last edited by Lursa; 01-12-19 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Being subject to a dictator is a whole lot better than a false sexual misconduct accusation from "#MeToo".
    Quote Originally Posted by gulfman View Post
    All I need to know when I vote is that the candidate has an r after their name.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #234
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,369

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Which God?
    The One True Creator God of the universe.

  5. #235
    Back
    tecoyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,400

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    The One True Creator God of the universe.
    Which one is that? Shiva or Allah?
    Illusionary

  6. #236
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    north carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,369

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Which one is that? Shiva or Allah?
    If you don't know then you admit ignorance, I take it?

  7. #237
    Back
    tecoyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,400

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    If you don't know then you admit ignorance, I take it?
    I admit that I asked you a question which you do not seem to wish to answer, I also admit I likely already know the answer and am toying with you because it is fun to make people admit to their arrogance and blind belief in the unproven or imagined. I just find it interesting to expose theological mental function for what is obviously is. Ignorance however is not a fitting term in that I am only ignorant of the answer you refuse to give.
    Illusionary

  8. #238
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,097

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by MFG View Post
    First of all, it would be very interesting to know what is the number of women who had an abortion because precautions didn't work, and I think it would be quite low. ....
    Actually according to the following 2017 article:

    More than half of women who got an abortion last year were using contraception
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mo...ion-2017-08-02
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #239
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,097

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by MFG View Post
    ....It would also be interesting to see why the highest number of abortions are had by women between 15 and 25,
    Actually more than 50 percent of abortion patients are in their 20s have more abortions.

    Less than 25 percent are teens.

    From the following:
    More than half of all U.S. abortion patients in 2014 were in their 20s: Patients aged 20–24 obtained 34% of all abortions, and patients aged 25–29 obtained 27%.6


    Twelve percent of abortion patients in 2014 were adolescents: Those aged 18–19 accounted for 8% of all abortions, 15–17-year-olds for 3% and those younger than 15 for 0.2%.6[/B]
    https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  10. #240
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    01-15-19 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20

    Re: [W:103]Abortion is legal

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's not a fact, you didnt produce any proof that it is so.

    And abortion is legal in all those countries.
    The proof are in every single constitution of every single western country. Canada is an example, another user has already posted the proof you are looking for.
    I donít know if you understood that Iím talking about human rights in general and not specifically about abortion...

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •