Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 143

Thread: Male Contraception News

  1. #41
    Objectivist
    FutureIncoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Land of the Freedom-Stealers, because also Home of the Cowardly Leaders
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,074
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Wow, you are super defensive about this for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
    THEN YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ALL THE WAYS THE THINGS YOU SAY CAN GET TWISTED. Or all the ways you can be falsely accused of stuff. Or both. I'm sure I haven't seen them all, either, but I've seen enough to know they cannot go unchallenged.
    Stupidly Prejudiced Master Race Idiocy was supposedly stomped into irrelevance by WW2; insisting "human=person" fails to Be Prepared for any future with non-human persons in it. So: Define "person" to accurately distinguish one, regardless of how exists, from a mere animal, universally. Why should Stupid Prejudice let our unborn qualify?

  2. #42
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24,194

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureIncoming View Post
    CAN YOU PROVE IT?
    Will the current trend stop? How long will it take as we support more and more people with tax dollars?

  3. #43
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,392

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureIncoming View Post
    THEN YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ALL THE WAYS THE THINGS YOU SAY CAN GET TWISTED. Or all the ways you can be falsely accused of stuff. Or both. I'm sure I haven't seen them all, either, but I've seen enough to know they cannot go unchallenged.
    Dude, seriously take a chill pill.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  4. #44
    Objectivist
    FutureIncoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Land of the Freedom-Stealers, because also Home of the Cowardly Leaders
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,074
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Will the current trend stop? How long will it take as we support more and more people with tax dollars?
    HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE, for idiot "political conservatives" to stop insisting extra mouths-to-feed must get born? Because that particular hypocrisy, living in a society where folks are generally expected to pay for what they want, but abortion opponents insisting others must pay for what abortion opponents want --that particular hypocrisy is as much a problem as the greed of those same folks, running businesses trying to eliminate competition, and thereby profiteering/restricting/making-more-expensive access to the resources needed to support people.
    Stupidly Prejudiced Master Race Idiocy was supposedly stomped into irrelevance by WW2; insisting "human=person" fails to Be Prepared for any future with non-human persons in it. So: Define "person" to accurately distinguish one, regardless of how exists, from a mere animal, universally. Why should Stupid Prejudice let our unborn qualify?

  5. #45
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    24,194

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureIncoming View Post
    HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE, for idiot "political conservatives" to stop insisting extra mouths-to-feed must get born? Because that particular hypocrisy, living in a society where folks are generally expected to pay for what they want, but abortion opponents insisting others must pay for what abortion opponents want --that particular hypocrisy is as much a problem as the greed of those same folks, running businesses trying to eliminate competition, and thereby profiteering/restricting/making-more-expensive access to the resources needed to support people.
    I simply want to stop paying for other people's irresponsibility. Why do you support irresponsibility?

  6. #46
    Objectivist
    FutureIncoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Land of the Freedom-Stealers, because also Home of the Cowardly Leaders
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,074
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I simply want to stop paying for other people's irresponsibility.
    PROVE THAT YOU ARE. Perhaps you should be paying attention, instead. Re-read #38 and then tell us how you know that your personal tax dollars support irresponsibility.
    Stupidly Prejudiced Master Race Idiocy was supposedly stomped into irrelevance by WW2; insisting "human=person" fails to Be Prepared for any future with non-human persons in it. So: Define "person" to accurately distinguish one, regardless of how exists, from a mere animal, universally. Why should Stupid Prejudice let our unborn qualify?

  7. #47
    Objectivist
    FutureIncoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Land of the Freedom-Stealers, because also Home of the Cowardly Leaders
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,074
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I simply want to stop paying for other people's irresponsibility.
    ALTERNATE CHALLENGE (to what I posted in #46): Prove that the things you call "irresponsible" are things that everyone agrees with you are "irresponsible".

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Why do you support irresponsibility?
    I DON'T. Abortion is a perfectly responsible way to deal with an unwanted pregnancy, which might be a result of imperfect contraceptives. And I don't mind a bit if the govt spends money to help abortions happen. Because, otherwise, the govt would have to spend vastly more than that to subsidize raising unwanted children. (And when the govt doesn't spend that "vastly more" money, this is what happens.)
    Stupidly Prejudiced Master Race Idiocy was supposedly stomped into irrelevance by WW2; insisting "human=person" fails to Be Prepared for any future with non-human persons in it. So: Define "person" to accurately distinguish one, regardless of how exists, from a mere animal, universally. Why should Stupid Prejudice let our unborn qualify?

  8. #48
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,880

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureIncoming View Post
    ALTERNATE CHALLENGE (to what I posted in #46): Prove that the things you call "irresponsible" are things that everyone agrees with you are "irresponsible".


    I DON'T. Abortion is a perfectly responsible way to deal with an unwanted pregnancy, which might be a result of imperfect contraceptives. And I don't mind a bit if the govt spends money to help abortions happen. Because, otherwise, the govt would have to spend vastly more than that to subsidize raising unwanted children. (And when the govt doesn't spend that "vastly more" money, this is what happens.)
    Correction Mundo...regarding the highlighted. And I agree with the balance of your comments.

  9. #49
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,880

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Correction Mundo...regarding the highlighted. And I agree with the balance of your comments.
    Damn autocorrect - Correcto Mundo, FI.

  10. #50
    Objectivist
    FutureIncoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Land of the Freedom-Stealers, because also Home of the Cowardly Leaders
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,074
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Male Contraception News

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Correction Mundo
    ??? Did you actually mean "correctomundo"?
    Stupidly Prejudiced Master Race Idiocy was supposedly stomped into irrelevance by WW2; insisting "human=person" fails to Be Prepared for any future with non-human persons in it. So: Define "person" to accurately distinguish one, regardless of how exists, from a mere animal, universally. Why should Stupid Prejudice let our unborn qualify?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •