Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 296

Thread: Why do some pro lifers hate it [W:295]

  1. #271
    Objectivist
    FutureIncoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Land of the Freedom-Stealers, because also Home of the Cowardly Leaders
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,574
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    I did edit her name out but I did not denigrate her religion. I denigrated the people of her church.
    A RELIGION CONSISTS OF PEOPLE WHO HOLD A PARTICULAR SET OF BELIEFS. So, if you denigrate people because of their beliefs (because you have different beliefs), you are denigrating their religion. (Me, I try to restrict my denigrations to actions, not people. The spouting of worthless blather is an action, see?)
    Last edited by FutureIncoming; 07-17-17 at 04:30 AM.
    Stupidly Prejudiced Master Race Idiocy was supposedly stomped into irrelevance by WW2; insisting "human=person" fails to Be Prepared for any future with non-human persons in it. So: Define "person" to accurately distinguish one, regardless of how exists, from a mere animal, universally. Why should Stupid Prejudice let our unborn qualify?

  2. #272
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,327

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    No, ugh, I was denigrating the church, as in the people of the church. The building has no guilt. Nor does her religion. She is in with a bad bunch of people and she isn't even aware of who her friends at the church are!

    Does that answer your question?


    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Her religion is ok with abortion. You are denigrating her religion.

    At least you could own up to the real meaning of your comments.
    year2late is correct Ramfel you are denigrating my religion.

    From the RCRC


    Pro Faith. Pro Family. Pro Choice.

    The Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice (RCRC) is a broad-based, national, interfaith movement that brings the moral force of religion to protect and advance reproductive health, choice, rights and justice through education, prophetic witness, pastoral presence and advocacy.
    RCRC values and promotes religious liberty which upholds the human and constitutional rights of all people to exercise their conscience to make their own reproductive health decisions without shame and stigma .
    Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice – Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice

    The Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice is a grassroots organization that is “Pro-Faith. Pro-Family. Pro-Choice.” The RCRC’s stated mission is “to be the leading religious voice for reproductive justice in the country.”



    Current members :

    Judaism
    American Jewish Committee, American Jewish Congress, Anti-Defamation League, Central Conference of American Rabbis, Jewish Reconstructionist Movement, Jewish Women International, NA’AMAT USA, National Council of Jewish Women, Rabbinical Assembly, Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association, Society for Humanistic Judaism, Union for Reform Judaism, Women of Reform Judaism, Women’s League for Conservative Judaism.

    Christian (Protestant)
    Disciples for Choice, Episcopal Church, Episcopal Women’s Caucus, General Board of Church and Society of the United Methodist Church, Lutheran Women’s Caucus, Methodist Federation for Social Action, Metropolitan Community Church, Presbyterian Mission Agency, Presbyterians Affirming Reproductive Options (PARO), United Church of Christ, United Methodist Women.
    Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, Unitarian Universalist Women’s Federation.

    Christian (Catholic)
    Catholics for Choice
    Last edited by minnie616; 07-17-17 at 05:12 AM.
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    Matthew 7:1 KJV

  3. #273
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,729

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    year2late is correct Ramfel you are denigrating my religion.

    From the RCRC



    Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice – Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice

    The Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice is a grassroots organization that is “Pro-Faith. Pro-Family. Pro-Choice.” The RCRC’s stated mission is “to be the leading religious voice for reproductive justice in the country.”



    Current members :

    Judaism
    American Jewish Committee, American Jewish Congress, Anti-Defamation League, Central Conference of American Rabbis, Jewish Reconstructionist Movement, Jewish Women International, NA’AMAT USA, National Council of Jewish Women, Rabbinical Assembly, Reconstructionist Rabbinical Association, Society for Humanistic Judaism, Union for Reform Judaism, Women of Reform Judaism, Women’s League for Conservative Judaism.

    Christian (Protestant)
    Disciples for Choice, Episcopal Church, Episcopal Women’s Caucus, General Board of Church and Society of the United Methodist Church, Lutheran Women’s Caucus, Methodist Federation for Social Action, Metropolitan Community Church, Presbyterian Mission Agency, Presbyterians Affirming Reproductive Options (PARO), United Church of Christ, United Methodist Women.
    Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations, Unitarian Universalist Women’s Federation.

    Christian (Catholic)
    Catholics for Choice
    No she is wrong because there are many churches in the world (no I do not mean religions) and of all of them, many have sinners of varying degrees and it is probably safe to assume that many will go to hell. Not all Christians are worthy, including me. That is not religion. That is church building. So year2late is wrong!
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  4. #274
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,327

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    No she is wrong because there are many churches in the world (no I do not mean religions) and of all of them, many have sinners of varying degrees and it is probably safe to assume that many will go to hell. Not all Christians are worthy, including me. That is not religion. That is church building. So year2late is wrong!
    No you are wrong.

    You are not only being intolerant of my religion but you are being arrogant since you are telling me that I need to believe what you believe.

    I am a Christian also.

    My church and I believe that the woman is a moral agent and she can make thoughtful decisions regarding her reproductive health.

    I may disagree with you about when ensoulment happens but I respect your beliefs.

    Too bad you feel the need to tell me that my religion is wrong and that I am a sinner because my religions beliefs are different than yours.
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    Matthew 7:1 KJV

  5. #275
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,990

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    No you are wrong.

    You are not only being intolerant of my religion but you are being arrogant since you are telling me that I need to believe what you believe.

    I am a Christian also.

    My church and I believe that the woman is a moral agent and she can make thoughtful decisions regarding her reproductive health.

    I may disagree with you about when ensoulment happens but I respect your beliefs.

    Too bad you feel the need to tell me that my religion is wrong and that I am a sinner because my religions beliefs are different than yours.
    Maybe at some point he will understand how to disagree with someone's beliefs without denigrating their religion.

    You just showed him how by example.

    I say it on a regular basis. I can respect someone's religious beliefs. I disrespect them trying to push them on me.

  6. #276
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,729

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    No you are wrong.

    You are not only being intolerant of my religion but you are being arrogant since you are telling me that I need to believe what you believe.

    I am a Christian also.

    My church and I believe that the woman is a moral agent and she can make thoughtful decisions regarding her reproductive health.

    I may disagree with you about when ensoulment happens but I respect your beliefs.

    Too bad you feel the need to tell me that my religion is wrong and that I am a sinner because my religions beliefs are different than yours.
    No Minnie. You are wrong. Get over it.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  7. #277
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,327

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    No Minnie. You are wrong. Get over it.
    Then tell me that you respect the fact that my Christian religion Is pro choice.

    I respect the fact that you are pro life.
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    Matthew 7:1 KJV

  8. #278
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,890

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    You misquoted me. You can quit any time if you're bored.
    Hello??? People can click on the little arrows in the quote to go to the original and see that she quoted you verbatim, for pete's sake.

  9. #279
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,990

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabaholic View Post
    Hello??? People can click on the little arrows in the quote to go to the original and see that she quoted you verbatim, for pete's sake.
    I didn't even partially quote to remove context. I got every word.

    His insistence that I misquoted him is pathological.

  10. #280
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,729

    Re: Why do some pro lifers hate it

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Then tell me that you respect the fact that my Christian religion Is pro choice.

    I respect the fact that you are pro life.
    But I don't respect your support for abortion! Because of the baby deaths it is shameful for you to even ask. I can ask for your support, but you cannot ask for mine. Shame!
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •