Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 301 to 310 of 310

Thread: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape[W:170]

  1. #301
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    40,300

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by GEIxBattleRifle View Post
    An acorn is more equivalent to the egg or sperm.
    For an acorn to form, there has to be pollen on a stamen, the plant equivalent of the egg meeting the sperm. Plants, at least flowering plants, reproduce sexually just as all of the higher animals do.
    "Those were lies, pure and simple."

  2. #302
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,535

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by GEIxBattleRifle View Post
    Humans are nothing more but a clump of cells regardless of their developmental stage blarg.
    what the bieng made up those cells can do still seems to matter

  3. #303
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,535

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by GEIxBattleRifle View Post
    An acorn is more equivalent to the egg or sperm.
    seems zygote level at least

  4. #304
    Guru
    GEIxBattleRifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,189

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    what the bieng made up those cells can do still seems to matter
    I suppose if we're talking about a naked eye physical assessment of the unborn, saying it's "a clump of cells" during the blastocyst stage is fine but once a embryo and fetus, the "clump of cells" label just doesn't seem accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Hanging your hat entirely on the CURRENT legality of something you want to be legal and others want to make illegal does not constitute a salient argument. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    What is "alive" and how does it apply to the fetus?

  5. #305
    Guru
    GEIxBattleRifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,189

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    For an acorn to form, there has to be pollen on a stamen, the plant equivalent of the egg meeting the sperm. Plants, at least flowering plants, reproduce sexually just as all of the higher animals do.
    Once when the sperm fertilizes the egg, you have a human in the earliest stages of its development and we give it the medical term "zygote." It then makes it way to the womb, implants and continues to grow from there or it dies long before it gets to the womb.

    I can't think of any other way to make it simplistic for people to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Hanging your hat entirely on the CURRENT legality of something you want to be legal and others want to make illegal does not constitute a salient argument. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    What is "alive" and how does it apply to the fetus?

  6. #306
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,917

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by GEIxBattleRifle View Post
    I suppose if we're talking about a naked eye physical assessment of the unborn, saying it's "a clump of cells" during the blastocyst stage is fine but once a embryo and fetus, the "clump of cells" label just doesn't seem accurate.
    And the zygote stage is only about four days.

  7. #307
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,535

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by GEIxBattleRifle View Post
    I suppose if we're talking about a naked eye physical assessment of the unborn, saying it's "a clump of cells" during the blastocyst stage is fine but once a embryo and fetus, the "clump of cells" label just doesn't seem accurate.
    seems so

  8. #308
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,748

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by GEIxBattleRifle View Post
    Once when the sperm fertilizes the egg, you have a human in the earliest stages of its development and we give it the medical term "zygote." It then makes it way to the womb, implants and continues to grow from there or it dies long before it gets to the womb.

    I can't think of any other way to make it simplistic for people to understand.

    So, it's very much alive then, in all stages and DOES NOT DIE, for almost a century then, right?
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  9. #309
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,424

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    For an acorn to form, there has to be pollen on a stamen, the plant equivalent of the egg meeting the sperm. Plants, at least flowering plants, reproduce sexually just as all of the higher animals do.
    Are you sure acorns are not girls?

    http://www.erotic-nature.com/plants/acorn-pair.jpg

  10. #310
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    40,300

    Re: Pregnancy Is the "Silver Lining" of Rape

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    Are you sure acorns are not girls?

    http://www.erotic-nature.com/plants/acorn-pair.jpg
    Those two look like they might be!
    "Those were lies, pure and simple."

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •