Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

  1. #21
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Well now you are talking about supporting the Assad regime. That is not what we want to do.
    We're already doing it when weapons are funneled to AQ combatants.

    At the end of the day, if we provide any aid it should NOT be aid that could be used to kill innocents, as these weapons likely will.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #22
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,470

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    We're already doing it when weapons are funneled to AQ combatants.
    Uh....did you not get the point, that premise is not supported by the NYT article.

    At the end of the day, if we provide any aid it should NOT be aid that could be used to kill innocents, as these weapons likely will.
    You are still avoiding the previous point, you want aid to someone....but if you want to aid the Assad regime, you are supporting the "killing of innocents".

    You have to come to some realization of the logistic reality of what you want to promote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan View Post
    There is nothing wrong with either racism or sexism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    In fact, I speculate had Antifa not been there, there would have been zero deaths at that (Charlottesville) event.

  3. #23
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh....did you not get the point, that premise is not supported by the NYT article.

    You are still avoiding the previous point, you want aid to someone....but if you want to aid the Assad regime, you are supporting the "killing of innocents".

    You have to come to some realization of the logistic reality of what you want to promote.
    When you want to actually read and understand what I'm posting let me know, k? I never said anything about wanting to support Assad. I made a generic comment about military aid/foreign aid to unstable regions. You tried to spin it into some sort of backwards support of Assad. I don't do dishonest debates, dude. Let me know when you reject them, k?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #24
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,470

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    When you want to actually read and understand what I'm posting let me know, k? I never said anything about wanting to support Assad. I made a generic comment about military aid/foreign aid to unstable regions. You tried to spin it into some sort of backwards support of Assad. I don't do dishonest debates, dude. Let me know when you reject them, k?
    You want to make pie in the sky generic comments about supplying "aid", but you can't say to whom or how....and then I point out some of the basic realities of what you generically propose.....and suddenly it becomes "spin". When you say we should "supply humanitarian aid to those arab countries where civil war is occurring"..... and the country in discussion IS Syria.....you ARE talking about supplying SYRIA (the Assad regime) with humanitarian aid while IT IS killing "innocents".

    If you can't see how that works out in reality, it isn't my fault....and it certainly isn't "spin".
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan View Post
    There is nothing wrong with either racism or sexism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    In fact, I speculate had Antifa not been there, there would have been zero deaths at that (Charlottesville) event.

  5. #25
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You want to make pie in the sky generic comments about supplying "aid", but you can't say to whom or how....and then I point out some of the basic realities of what you generically propose.....and suddenly it becomes "spin". When you say we should "supply humanitarian aid to those arab countries where civil war is occurring"..... and the country in discussion IS Syria.....you ARE talking about supplying SYRIA (the Assad regime) with humanitarian aid while IT IS killing "innocents".

    If you can't see how that works out in reality, it isn't my fault....and it certainly isn't "spin".
    It's called a strawman. You made it. I didn't.

    Again, honesty. When you want to adopt that concept let me know.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    06-17-15 @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    125

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    US “Military Aid” to Syrian Opposition Goes to Al Qaeda | Global Research



    I don't even know what to say about this. I'm at a loss for words.

    What the hell is going on at the WH? This isn't f*cking funny anymore.
    In a speech at the Virginia Military Institute last Monday, Mr. Romney said he would ensure that rebel groups “who share our values” would “obtain the arms they need to defeat Assad’s tanks, helicopters and fighter jets.” That suggests he would approve the transfer of weapons like antiaircraft and antitank systems that are much more potent than any the United States has been willing to put into rebel hands so far, precisely because American officials cannot be certain who will ultimately be using them.

    But Mr. Romney stopped short of saying that he would have the United States provide those arms directly, and his aides said he would instead rely on Arab allies to do it. That would leave him, like Mr. Obama, with little direct control over the distribution of the arms. (Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/wo...anted=all&_r=0)

    I think the question is, what's going on with both candidates?

  7. #27
    Advisor JRog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    12-20-12 @ 01:41 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    569

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Reminds me of back in early Iraq when we were sending money to pay for Iraqui dancing boys to entertain the faction leaders we were trying to win over.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,470

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    It's called a strawman. You made it. I didn't.

    Again, honesty. When you want to adopt that concept let me know.
    It wasn't "spin", isn't "straw", it is called "details" vs "generic commentary". If one chooses to make vague, generic comments and then can't detail how those comments apply to a specific circumstance, maybe you ought to just leave it or not start in the first place.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 10-16-12 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan View Post
    There is nothing wrong with either racism or sexism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    In fact, I speculate had Antifa not been there, there would have been zero deaths at that (Charlottesville) event.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by JEthrid View Post
    In a speech at the Virginia Military Institute last Monday, Mr. Romney said he would ensure that rebel groups “who share our values” would “obtain the arms they need to defeat Assad’s tanks, helicopters and fighter jets.” That suggests he would approve the transfer of weapons like antiaircraft and antitank systems that are much more potent than any the United States has been willing to put into rebel hands so far, precisely because American officials cannot be certain who will ultimately be using them.

    But Mr. Romney stopped short of saying that he would have the United States provide those arms directly, and his aides said he would instead rely on Arab allies to do it. That would leave him, like Mr. Obama, with little direct control over the distribution of the arms. (Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/wo...anted=all&_r=0)

    I think the question is, what's going on with both candidates?
    My guess he is talking about stingers, not patriot missile systems.

  10. #30
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-12 @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    498

    Re: Fail: Obama Administration Provides Weapons to Al Qaeda

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Yes, but food, medical supplies, and clothing will not kill people completely outside of the conflict. Weapons will.
    It seems to me it shouldn't be that difficult to supply weapons that only work while "activated".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •