Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 281 to 285 of 285

Thread: Is Obama the last Black POTUS we'll see in our lifetime?

  1. #281
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    02-13-18 @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Is Obama the last Black POTUS we'll see in our lifetime?

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    I believe Obama will be the last Black POTUS we'll see in our lifetimes.

    Why?

    Because of the way he 'slipped' into office. Because of what he has done and not done in office. Because of how his campaign has behaved in this re-election bid. And because of how his administration and re-election campaign has divided this nation.

    So, bottom line, enjoy it while you have it, Obama fans.

    He's the last African American that White voters will take a chance on for a loooooong time.
    This is emblematic of why our party lost the last election. You are living in an alternate reality. Most Americans don't see the President as a ghoulish, wildly out of step socialist, and that goes for white America as well. White voters as a racial group 'took a chance' on Barack Obama as a black candidate? Good grief.

  2. #282
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,873

    Re: Is Obama the last Black POTUS we'll see in our lifetime?

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    I believe Obama will be the last Black POTUS we'll see in our lifetimes.

    Why?

    Because of the way he 'slipped' into office. Because of what he has done and not done in office. Because of how his campaign has behaved in this re-election bid. And because of how his administration and re-election campaign has divided this nation.

    So, bottom line, enjoy it while you have it, Obama fans.

    He's the last African American that White voters will take a chance on for a loooooong time.
    I serious doubt that and I would hope that the nation wouldn't see an individual's qualifications to be president as being based soley on the color of his/her skin. Hell, the Constitution doesn't even state such as a qualifing factor. So, after 237 years, why should we continue to use race as a wedge as to who should lead this country?

    The people have spoken. Whether it was first due to historical reasons (2008) or overwhelming social needs (2012), the People spoke. And for better or worse, the nation likes this Black man and trusted him enough to re-elect him. So, you racist bastards just need to get over yourselves and find something else to bitch about. (Mods, you can gig me for this one. I'll gladly take the hit!)

    You see, it's racist comments like the one highlighted in bold that really piss me off! For starters, the majority of people who were involved in Pres. Obama's re-election campaign were WHITE. Most of his donors were WHITE. Many of the people in his Cabinet are...you guessed it...WHITE! So, this notion that somehow this is the first, only and last Black man any White person would ever affirm as this nation's President is ludicrous! Moreover, in case you haven't been listening to conservative media outlets, i.e., FoxNews or talk radio shows such as The Rush Limbaugh Show, you forget that the population of White Americans is shrinking while other minority groups, specifically Hispanics, are increasing. It might take awhile before a promonint Hispanic steps to the fore, but there are a few promonint Blacks who could be on the 2016 presidential stage. Mayor Corey Booker is just one such person. You just never know...

    But to my point, it's foolish to think that this is the last time America elects a Black man to the highest office in the land. It may take a while for it to happen again, but it's certainly not the last time.

  3. #283
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,964

    Re: Is Obama the last Black POTUS we'll see in our lifetime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    But to my point, it's foolish to think that this is the last time America elects a Black man to the highest office in the land. It may take a while for it to happen again, but it's certainly not the last time.

    A whole lot of people have voted for white guys, even after Nixon and Carter. Somehow, we didn't attribute their failure to their race. Weird how that would be different now....


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by James972 View Post
    After 50,000 years slavery ended when America began!. Do you understand?

  4. #284
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,873

    Re: Is Obama the last Black POTUS we'll see in our lifetime?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    A whole lot of people have voted for white guys, even after Nixon and Carter. Somehow, we didn't attribute their failure to their race. Weird how that would be different now....
    To be clear, I'm not doing that. But a whole lot of people on this board certainly are and have.

  5. #285
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,964

    Re: Is Obama the last Black POTUS we'll see in our lifetime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    To be clear, I'm not doing that. But a whole lot of people on this board certainly are and have.
    I know you're not.

    I do think it's odd that people who would blanche at the suggestion that they are racist at all would think that Obama's failure translates to all black people.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by James972 View Post
    After 50,000 years slavery ended when America began!. Do you understand?

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •