Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Red states mull higher taxes

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post


    Holy geez!

    I can only wonder when those that vote for guys like this, see stuff like this, what the hell do they think of it? Do they care?
    They want to pay less for government first and foremost.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    In the Land of Fruits and Nuts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,600

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Red states mull higher taxes | TheHill



    Guess the tax cuts for the wealthy did not bring in anything but deficits.
    There are two issues here. Gas taxes and revenue taxes. Gas taxes have fallen behind mostly due to increased efficiency, and the cost of highway construction has gone up. (Not insignificantly due to delays due to red tape).
    Kansas's general tax cut failed to attract ecomomic activity mostly because the national economic picture is not robust enough to make factories to want to move, or more likely, expand in Kansas.

    Most moves aren't "moves" but expansions, but with a 2 1/2% economy, why bother? Moves are expensive and don't increase sales. You expand into cheaper real estate, lower taxes, better infrastructure, proximity to markets to support increasing sales volumes.
    The FBI has become the place where justice disappears, never to be heard from again!
    The media has lost it's mandate to report honestly. Should they improve or go away?
    It's hard to match the burning, visceral hate a liberal can bring to bear.

  3. #13
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    Sorry, what's a $350 million dollar budget hole to a state like Kansas? How many single Americans have over $350 million? Their unemployment rate was 4.3% as of November.

    In other news, perpetually Democrat controlled Detroit filed for bankruptcy in 2013 owing $18-$20 billion!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_bankruptcy

  4. #14
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,650

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post


    Holy geez!

    I can only wonder when those that vote for guys like this, see stuff like this, what the hell do they think of it? Do they care?
    Only about the next election
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.

  5. #15
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,650

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    There are two issues here. Gas taxes and revenue taxes. Gas taxes have fallen behind mostly due to increased efficiency, and the cost of highway construction has gone up. (Not insignificantly due to delays due to red tape).
    Kansas's general tax cut failed to attract ecomomic activity mostly because the national economic picture is not robust enough to make factories to want to move, or more likely, expand in Kansas.

    Most moves aren't "moves" but expansions, but with a 2 1/2% economy, why bother? Moves are expensive and don't increase sales. You expand into cheaper real estate, lower taxes, better infrastructure, proximity to markets to support increasing sales volumes.
    Well it did not work, was known IIRC it was not working, but they continued down the deficit road.
    Look at the mess in LA, the State is in a fiscal mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,838

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    I had never thought about how more fuel efficient vehicles cut into tax revenue.

  7. #17
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    There are two issues here. Gas taxes and revenue taxes. Gas taxes have fallen behind mostly due to increased efficiency, and the cost of highway construction has gone up. (Not insignificantly due to delays due to red tape).
    Kansas's general tax cut failed to attract ecomomic activity mostly because the national economic picture is not robust enough to make factories to want to move, or more likely, expand in Kansas.

    Most moves aren't "moves" but expansions, but with a 2 1/2% economy, why bother? Moves are expensive and don't increase sales. You expand into cheaper real estate, lower taxes, better infrastructure, proximity to markets to support increasing sales volumes.
    what would be the clue that industry needs to expand in the face of falling sales volumes? Most of us already have too much stuff, it is very easy to just stop spending for non-necessities which hurts the economy.
    And for about the last 15 years I have seen new commercial construction in areas that are already overbuilt...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    In the Land of Fruits and Nuts
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,600

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    what would be the clue that industry needs to expand in the face of falling sales volumes? Most of us already have too much stuff, it is very easy to just stop spending for non-necessities which hurts the economy.
    And for about the last 15 years I have seen new commercial construction in areas that are already overbuilt...
    We need consumption at home and more finished goods exports.
    The FBI has become the place where justice disappears, never to be heard from again!
    The media has lost it's mandate to report honestly. Should they improve or go away?
    It's hard to match the burning, visceral hate a liberal can bring to bear.

  9. #19
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,680

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Red states mull higher taxes | TheHill



    Guess the tax cuts for the wealthy did not bring in anything but deficits.

    that's not true. they were welcomed by the over taxed wealthy
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,521

    Re: Red states mull higher taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's not true. they were welcomed by the 'over taxed' wealthy
    Fixed that for you... a rather hollow claim since the only sector of society increasing wealth at a rather impressive rate is the 'over taxed' wealthy...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •