Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Culture of corruption

  1. #11
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,150
    Likes Received
    2862 times
    Likes Given
    5927

    Re: Culture of corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Explain to me how states law mandating vote recounts on razor thin elections qualifies.

    Care to explain Virgil Goode?

    TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | House GOPer Virgil Goode Refuses To Go Quietly, Demands Recount

    Or will you just abandon another thread on your long list of abandoned arguments?

    Hell, Huckabee demanded a recount during the primary against McCain!

    Huckabee Demands Recount After Washington State Officials Declare Winner Too Early | AHN | December 21, 2008

    A republican in your own state demanded a recount!

    Longtime Kingston State Rep. Ken Weyler demands recount

    Haven't you learned to use the internet before making such statements? You'd figure your time on Whistle stopper would have taught you that. It's been 5 years VOR. Still haven't learned.

    A recount is one thing.......Most states require a recount when the margin of victory is small.........To keep having reounts until you get enough vots is not right.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #12
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218
    Likes Received
    1866 times
    Likes Given
    4262

    Re: Culture of corruption

    I can hear Navy now... "Democratic corruption?! fap, fap, fap, fap."
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #13
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    10-17-14 @ 10:07 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,637
    Likes Received
    5032 times
    Likes Given
    3799

    Re: Culture of corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    A recount is one thing.......Most states require a recount when the margin of victory is small.........To keep having reounts until you get enough vots is not right.............
    LOL. So it's okay when Republicans demand a recount regardless of what occurred but it's wrong for democrats to demand recounts for any reason.

    What a joke.

    Your argument is crap as you failed to explain away the Republicans who demanded recounts after losing.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #14
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,150
    Likes Received
    2862 times
    Likes Given
    5927

    Re: Culture of corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    LOL. So it's okay when Republicans demand a recount regardless of what occurred but it's wrong for democrats to demand recounts for any reason.

    What a joke.

    Your argument is crap as you failed to explain away the Republicans who demanded recounts after losing.
    Republicans don't get ballots out of the trash can or from dead people or convicts....huge difference my very left wing friend..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #15
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    64,953
    Likes Received
    13924 times
    Likes Given
    15847

    Re: Culture of corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Republicans don't get ballots out of the trash can or from dead people or convicts....huge difference my very left wing friend..........
    Is voter suppression any better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Hispanics and blacks have a bad tendency to turn their communities into potholes, and while Asians are highly educated are just as corrupted by statism as all the rest of them.

  6. #16
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829
    Likes Received
    1226 times
    Likes Given
    1248

    Re: Culture of corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Only in your mind and as far as a liberal goes if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then its usually a duck my left wing friend.........
    What happens when everything is a duck to you? You see more ducks than Sam Woo!
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  7. #17
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    10-17-14 @ 10:07 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,637
    Likes Received
    5032 times
    Likes Given
    3799

    Re: Culture of corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Republicans don't get ballots out of the trash can
    Care to say that for the recent elections in Michigan and Georgia?

    or from dead people or convicts.
    So now you change your topic. Instead of claiming that only democrats demand recounts, you're now saying that only democrats get votes from places you don't like. And you are obviously counting convict votes from convicts who have had their rights returned to them. Or would you rather be Katherine Harris and illegally strip former convicts of their rights to vote in Florida despite other states giving those convicts their rights back?

    Care to explain Xavier L. Suarez?

    Seriously, it's called the internet. I can keep matching whatever you say with Republican candidates.

    You're better off just admitting what you said was wrong.

    Fallacy of raising the bar. Still haven't learned not to do that after 5 years VOR.

    Dead voter fraud is always overblown.
    What Voter Fraud? | Britannica Blog
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  8. #18
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942
    Likes Received
    571 times
    Likes Given
    41

    Re: Culture of corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Care to say that for the recent elections in Michigan and Georgia?
    I'm a MI resident and I don't recall ballots being pulled from the trash?

    Link?

  9. #19
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    10-17-14 @ 10:07 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,637
    Likes Received
    5032 times
    Likes Given
    3799

    Re: Culture of corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by JMak View Post
    I'm a MI resident and I don't recall ballots being pulled from the trash?

    Link?
    Fair enough. No one got ballots from the trash in the MI election.

    Navy's still being ridiculous. Recounts are okay when Republicans demand them but they aren't when Democrats do. I can think of a H word that comes to mind.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #20
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    02-13-09 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,942
    Likes Received
    571 times
    Likes Given
    41

    Re: Culture of corruption

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Fair enough. No one got ballots from the trash in the MI election.
    So were you just lying then?

    Navy's still being ridiculous. Recounts are okay when Republicans demand them but they aren't when Democrats do. I can think of a H word that comes to mind.[/QUOTE]

    I might be cutting him slack because I am sympathetic to his claim about, but, I don't think Navy is arguing that recounts are fine so long as they are requested by Republicans.

    And maybe because I am partisan, but I tend to perceive Republican requests for recounts as more legitimate because I tend to not see Republicans illegally registering people and dead people and animals, paying the homeless to cast votes, and demanding that canvassars simply divine what a voter intended to do simply to "count every vote" whether it was properly cast or not. As well, I don't see Republicans just happening across boxes of previously uncounted ballots or demanding that canvassers in county a count ballots this way while canvassers in county b count them another way only to suit their political preferences.

    Do you?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •