Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: What Would the Right Say If...

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    72,938

    Re: What Would the Right Say If...

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Nothing in there about her running a business. Designing jewellery isn't running a business.
    Trump briefly worked for Forest City Enterprises.[12] In 2007 she formed a partnership with a diamond vendor, Dynamic Diamond Corp., to create Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry, a line of diamond and gold jewelry, sold at her first flagship retail store in Manhattan.[13][14] In November 2011, Trump's retail flagship moved from Madison Avenue to 109 Mercer Street, a larger space in the fashionable Soho district.[15][16] On October 2, 2015, retail website racked.com reported that "Ivanka Trump's flagship store on Mercer Street appear[s] to be closed" and, noting that the shop had been "stripped clean," said that it is unclear exactly when the shop stopped doing business.[17] As of October 2016, though, the company's website lists Trump Tower as its flagship boutique and its only dedicated retail shop, with the brand also available at fine-jewelry stores throughout the US and Canada, as well as in Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.[18]
    Trump is currently Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions at the Trump Organization. She also serves on the Board of 100 Women in Hedge Funds, an industry organization that provides support to women professionals in finance.[19]

  2. #32
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,805
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: What Would the Right Say If...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Trump briefly worked for Forest City Enterprises.[12] In 2007 she formed a partnership with a diamond vendor, Dynamic Diamond Corp., to create Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry, a line of diamond and gold jewelry, sold at her first flagship retail store in Manhattan.[13][14] In November 2011, Trump's retail flagship moved from Madison Avenue to 109 Mercer Street, a larger space in the fashionable Soho district.[15][16] On October 2, 2015, retail website racked.com reported that "Ivanka Trump's flagship store on Mercer Street appear[s] to be closed" and, noting that the shop had been "stripped clean," said that it is unclear exactly when the shop stopped doing business.[17] As of October 2016, though, the company's website lists Trump Tower as its flagship boutique and its only dedicated retail shop, with the brand also available at fine-jewelry stores throughout the US and Canada, as well as in Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.[18]
    Trump is currently Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions at the Trump Organization. She also serves on the Board of 100 Women in Hedge Funds, an industry organization that provides support to women professionals in finance.[19]
    I'm glad you can copy and paste. But which business did she run? She's not the CEO of her jewellery brand, so which one is it?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  3. #33
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    17,039

    Re: What Would the Right Say If...

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Chelsea sat in on every big meeting a hypothetical President Clinton had with a world leader.


    Ivanka fawning over Trudeau
    Please explain to me how all of your posts don't show a partisan bias.

  4. #34
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 04:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Would the Right Say If...

    So would you have a problem with it, if it were Chelsea Clinton in all those photographs? Because I can't tell if you actually have a problem with this, or you're just whining because you think "the Right" would complain if the shoe were on the other foot.

    The only qualification the President needed to be in that room is that he be 35, a born citizen of the United States, and a little under a quarter of the American voting populace was stupid enough to vote for him. There's no background check, no security clearance, no vetting procedure other than surviving a year on the campaign trail with the most ruthless people in the country looking for any speck of dirt to stick to you... that a quarter of the American voting populace simply isn't going to give a **** about, because they're only voting against the other guy anyway.

    By virtue of her age, Ivanka is only barely less qualified to be in that room than her father is, and as acting First Lady, she is a legitimate part of his diplomatic efforts. She has the same Secret Service protection he does, and there's no way she could be any more reckless with State secrets than he is. Of all of the people Donald Trump has surrounded himself with, Ivanka is one of the ones I have the least objections to.

    What is the problem here?

  5. #35
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    61,428

    Re: What Would the Right Say If...

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    So would you have a problem with it, if it were Chelsea Clinton in all those photographs? Because I can't tell if you actually have a problem with this, or you're just whining because you think "the Right" would complain if the shoe were on the other foot.

    The only qualification the President needed to be in that room is that he be 35, a born citizen of the United States, and a little under a quarter of the American voting populace was stupid enough to vote for him. There's no background check, no security clearance, no vetting procedure other than surviving a year on the campaign trail with the most ruthless people in the country looking for any speck of dirt to stick to you... that a quarter of the American voting populace simply isn't going to give a **** about, because they're only voting against the other guy anyway.

    By virtue of her age, Ivanka is only barely less qualified to be in that room than her father is, and as acting First Lady, she is a legitimate part of his diplomatic efforts. She has the same Secret Service protection he does, and there's no way she could be any more reckless with State secrets than he is. Of all of the people Donald Trump has surrounded himself with, Ivanka is one of the ones I have the least objections to.

    What is the problem here?
    The Right has their own version of what's good or not. Basically though it boils down to whatever anyone with a R after his name does is just fine.


  6. #36
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,668
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Would the Right Say If...

    Quote Originally Posted by Koke View Post
    What's more horrifying is the prospect of Justin Trudeau becoming the PM of a country...

    Oh wait.
    Wait a minute. Aren't you American? Didn't you guys just elect Donald Freakin' Trump?
    "How do I know what I think 'till I hear what I say?"
    -Donny 'Snowflake' Trumpkins-

  7. #37
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,560

    Re: What Would the Right Say If...

    I am sure Trudeau had no problems with Ivanka being there, especially since as a child he met many world leaders as the son of the Prime Minister of Canada.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  8. #38
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 04:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Would the Right Say If...

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The Right has their own version of what's good or not. Basically though it boils down to whatever anyone with a R after his name does is just fine.
    This argument bores me. Both sides are hypocrites, everyone is a goddamned hypocrite. I don't care what pathetic bull**** one side or the other is whining about this time, and I am even less interested in this schoolyard bull**** that he's doing something perfectly acceptable that the ****ing diaperbabies on his team would whine about if the other side did it.

    Is Donald Trump actually doing something ****ing wrong here, or are you just ****ing whining for no reason?

  9. #39
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    61,428

    Re: What Would the Right Say If...

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    This argument bores me. Both sides are hypocrites, everyone is a goddamned hypocrite. I don't care what pathetic bull**** one side or the other is whining about this time, and I am even less interested in this schoolyard bull**** that he's doing something perfectly acceptable that the ****ing diaperbabies on his team would whine about if the other side did it.

    Is Donald Trump actually doing something ****ing wrong here, or are you just ****ing whining for no reason?
    It's just another case of the Republican double standard. We're used to it by now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •