Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: hating the other side

  1. #61
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,824
    Blog Entries
    22

    Re: hating the other side

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Ok...we have all heard the Right calling the Left Libtards, Commies and unAmerican Muslim sympathizers for years. Now we have the Left rightfully calling the Right out as partisan hacks who would hand the country to Putin if it meant keeping their Right Wing fantasies alive.

    Do you hate the other side?


    Why?

    I'll start. Even before this Trump fiasco, I developed a strong hate for the Religious Right. I'd probably be a Republican (at least up until Trump showed up) if not for them. Their constant insistence on pushing their religious values on the rest of us has been turning me off for about 20 years, and it's only getting worse. I hate those bastards.
    Hate is such a strong word. Myself, I dislike those who affiliate with the two major parties and let the two major parties make up their minds for them on the issues and policy. I respect people who decide where they stand issue by issue, policy by policy, program by program. I also dislike those who defend to the max anyone in their party regardless of whether he done good or bad or those who condemn anyone of the opposite party whether they did right or wrong just because they are of the opposite party.

    Needless to say, I am not a party man. Now I do hate, hate is the right word all those who put the good of their political party over the good of the country. Who owe their loyalty to their party and not the nation. In short, we should all be Americans first, Republicans and Democrats second or better yet, further down the line. But it isn't that way today.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #62
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,169
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: hating the other side

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkuloss View Post
    Actually, the religious right has always called the left evil. And since at least 1980, they have been a major force within the right.
    Seems to me that the religious right of which you refer is a rather small segment of the electorate, rather than a large one.

    It also seems that the part of the left which calls the right evil is larger than that.

    In the end, people calling others evil because of their political positions probably needs to stop. It's not constructive in the least.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,253

    Re: hating the other side

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Ok...we have all heard the Right calling the Left Libtards, Commies and unAmerican Muslim sympathizers for years. Now we have the Left rightfully calling the Right out as partisan hacks who would hand the country to Putin if it meant keeping their Right Wing fantasies alive.

    Do you hate the other side?


    Why?

    I'll start. Even before this Trump fiasco, I developed a strong hate for the Religious Right. I'd probably be a Republican (at least up until Trump showed up) if not for them. Their constant insistence on pushing their religious values on the rest of us has been turning me off for about 20 years, and it's only getting worse. I hate those bastards.
    I don't hate anyone just because of his politics. It takes a lot more than that for me to hate someone.

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,253

    Re: hating the other side

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Seems to me that the religious right of which you refer is a rather small segment of the electorate, rather than a large one.

    It also seems that the part of the left which calls the right evil is larger than that.

    In the end, people calling others evil because of their political positions probably needs to stop. It's not constructive in the least.
    The, "religious right", is right up there with the alt-right...neither really exist.

  5. #65
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    23,169
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: hating the other side

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The, "religious right", is right up there with the alt-right...neither really exist.
    Weeell, I won't go that far as to say that. Clearly there are some who hold to very conservitive religious beliefs, and there are some right wing nut job web sites and those who visit them.

    But if there's anything to take away from the leftist / anarchist uprising and rioting as well as the biased main stream media's pissing, moaning, and wailing since the election, it's the there does seem to be a pretty significant alt-left / leftist problem here in the USA.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,253

    Re: hating the other side

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Weeell, I won't go that far as to say that. Clearly there are some who hold to very conservitive religious beliefs, and there are some right wing nut job web sites and those who visit them.

    But if there's anything to take away from the leftist / anarchist uprising and rioting as well as the biased main stream media's pissing, moaning, and wailing since the election, it's the there does seem to be a pretty significant alt-left / leftist problem here in the USA.
    There are plenty of very piased Liberals in the world, too. The Pope is a perfect example. Are those pro-life Liberals the religious Left?

    There are plenty of pro-gun Liberals. Are they gun-nutters?

    I could go on, but you get my point.

  7. #67
    Professor
    <alt>doxygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Floriduh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,386

    Re: hating the other side

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post

    In the end, people calling others evil because of their political positions probably needs to stop. It's not constructive in the least.
    I totally agree.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    14,892

    Re: hating the other side

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Ok...we have all heard the Right calling the Left Libtards, Commies and unAmerican Muslim sympathizers for years. Now we have the Left rightfully calling the Right out as partisan hacks who would hand the country to Putin if it meant keeping their Right Wing fantasies alive.

    Do you hate the other side?


    Why?

    I'll start. Even before this Trump fiasco, I developed a strong hate for the Religious Right. I'd probably be a Republican (at least up until Trump showed up) if not for them. Their constant insistence on pushing their religious values on the rest of us has been turning me off for about 20 years, and it's only getting worse. I hate those bastards.
    That's the crux of a lot of problems. The left is intolerant of people with strong religious beliefs, while claiming that these people are intolerant. The left is against those on the right calling other's names while they themselves call people on the right all kinds of names. Anyone supporting Trump is called a racist or a bigot or several other names, even if they are not actually any of these things, merely quilty by association. The left is for freedom of speech but do everything they can to stifle the free speech of those who do not share their views.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •