Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: The Right's Spin on Flynn

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    77,889

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Don't care, this is not about trump.
    Its ALL about Trump as Flynn worked for him. The buck stops here. And that is with Trump.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #22
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,650

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Don't care, this is not about trump.
    That's not what you guys thought with Obama.

  3. #23
    u mad, snowflake?
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    TITANPOINTE, NYC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    69,967

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    That's not what you guys thought with Obama.



    I don't even know what this means.
    If you build an army of 100 lions and their leader is a dog, in any fight, the lions will die like a dog. But if you build an army of 100 dogs and their leader is a lion, all dogs will fight like a lion.

  4. #24
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,650

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I don't even know what this means.
    With Obama the right said the buck stops at the president. Now that it's trump as president that's all changed.

  5. #25
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,558

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Apparently he and our resident Right Wingers love leaks when it involves the Hillster. When the script is flipped, they get triggered and become snowflakes.
    Funny thing is many here pointed out that eventually the script was going to be flipped. And some Cons here said if it was, well that would be no big deal. They said leaks, from either side, are good because it keeps the government more honest.

    But now that Trump's and his 'people's' dirty laundry is being aired they don't like the 'leaks'. They are all butt hurt now. Too bad!
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  6. #26
    Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,650

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    Funny thing is many here pointed out that eventually the script was going to be flipped. And some Cons here said if it was, well that would be no big deal. They said leaks, from either side, are good because it keeps the government more honest.

    But now that Trump's and his 'people's' dirty laundry is being aired they don't like the 'leaks'. They are all butt hurt now. Too bad!
    I agree, but the reverse has happened with some on the left as well in regards to this.

    Myself, I think manning should be in jail for life, snowden should be in jail for life, Trump should not have been president for inviting Russia to hack, the leakers currently leaking the Trump stuff should be in jail as well.

    It used to be that National Security was a guarded thing by both sides but now is being used as political fire.

  7. #27
    Sage
    SenorXm/Sirius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,558

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    I agree, but the reverse has happened with some on the left as well in regards to this.

    Myself, I think manning should be in jail for life, snowden should be in jail for life, Trump should not have been president for inviting Russia to hack, the leakers currently leaking the Trump stuff should be in jail as well.

    It used to be that National Security was a guarded thing by both sides but now is being used as political fire.
    When Trump praised the leaks and even asked the Russians to hack, that IMO, was the last straw. The gloves are off now. When ANY politician asks a foreign power to hack someone else's mail? That's too far. I got no use for that kind of 'politics'.
    "Big or small, I don't like rabbits. They always look like they're about to say something, but they never do."
    Raj Koothrappali

  8. #28
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I knew they were going to come up with something. Here is that something.

    First, we have the "Blame Obama Loyalists" argument.

    Former Obama Officials, Loyalists Waged Secret Campaign to Oust Flynn



    OK, now if you're not buying that this hoopla over Flynn and the Russians is all about Iran (wink-wink), we have this. I call it the "Blame the Spies" approach.

    America's spies anonymously took down Michael Flynn. That is deeply worrying.



    Yeah, both arguments are laughable. But, hey. It is the Right. So, what did you expect?
    So there are TWO issues here and you want to ignore one and put all the focus on the other. We dealt with the one and now want the other one dealt with. Flynn screwed up, he did the right thing and stepped down and now we need to find out who the person was who leaked confidential information. But somehow you want to spin that into something bad. I wish that the Dems.over the last 8 years had taken the same approach and had some of their screw-ups step down instead of protecting them.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  9. #29
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Yep. We all know the GOP-controlled congress isn't going to touch this until they have absolutely no other choice. And, were from comes the pressure to give them no choice? Oh, yeah--leaks, media and public outrage.

    "It's a coup!!"

    That claim is freaking ridiculous.
    I haven't heard anyone claiming that it's coup, just that there's a problem that needs to be fixed. You seem to love the problem, since it provides you with more fuel for your hate.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    45,840

    Re: The Right's Spin on Flynn

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    So there are TWO issues here and you want to ignore one and put all the focus on the other. We dealt with the one and now want the other one dealt with. Flynn screwed up, he did the right thing and stepped down and now we need to find out who the person was who leaked confidential information. But somehow you want to spin that into something bad. I wish that the Dems.over the last 8 years had taken the same approach and had some of their screw-ups step down instead of protecting them.
    I'm sure you loved leaks when they were exposing Hillary and the DNC's corruption. Now, suddenly, when the leaks have turned, as it were, and they expose the Clown in Chief, you hate them and want them investigated. Hypocritical much?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •