Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

  1. #1
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    689
    Likes Received
    38 times
    Likes Given
    130

    Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    And watch Obama go down in flames as oil companies pass the cost on to consumers, ruining our already weak economy, but hey then more Americans would be dependent on Uncle Obama, which is the goal. Seems I remember this President running on getting new, affordable, renewable energy, to the American people. We got Solyndra?

  2. #2
    Unlikeable
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    21,105
    Likes Received
    10027 times
    Likes Given
    5116

    Re: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    Quote Originally Posted by SENSIBLE PATRIO View Post
    but hey then more Americans would be dependent on Uncle Obama, which is the goal.
    And with one phrase, you've ensured yourself that anybody with a brain won't take you seriously.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I smell hosiery....
    Quote Originally Posted by loader View Post
    I did not come up with all sorts of nasty things about Hillary and Michelle. I just write that they are very ugly toads.

  3. #3
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    689
    Likes Received
    38 times
    Likes Given
    130

    Re: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    And with one phrase, you've ensured yourself that anybody with a brain won't take you seriously.
    Just anybody with a liberal brain

  4. #4
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773
    Likes Received
    5751 times
    Likes Given
    570

    Re: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    So your very conservative, small government opinion is that the government should be paying huge subsidies to oil companies? Interesting....
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #5
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,244
    Likes Received
    13421 times
    Likes Given
    205

    Re: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    Quote Originally Posted by SENSIBLE PATRIO View Post
    Just anybody with a liberal brain
    So, you want conservatives to take you seriously based solely on the fact that you're on the "same team?" Wouldn't you prefer people take you seriously on merit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Feel free to answer the question yourself:
    Is a boycott an unwarranted use of force? Is a boycott violation of free speech?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Yes.

  6. #6
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    689
    Likes Received
    38 times
    Likes Given
    130

    Re: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So, you want conservatives to take you seriously based solely on the fact that you're on the "same team?" Wouldn't you prefer people take you seriously on merit?
    The Food Stamp president does not care about anything but more Government control, and reelection. If Gas prices go up more than they have based on taking away subsidies, and the oil companies raise the price to make up the difference, the economy get's worse, and more people need assistance, if you have an argument make it. You will soon find out I do not look for favor based on my beliefs.

  7. #7
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    689
    Likes Received
    38 times
    Likes Given
    130

    Re: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So your very conservative, small government opinion is that the government should be paying huge subsidies to oil companies? Interesting....
    Not necessarily, but the outcome would hurt the economy ,therefore my family, when did we start giving oil companies subsidies and why is it such an important thing right at this moment, because it makes Obama sound good to his base.

  8. #8
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773
    Likes Received
    5751 times
    Likes Given
    570

    Re: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    Quote Originally Posted by SENSIBLE PATRIO View Post
    The Food Stamp president does not care about anything but more Government control, and reelection. If Gas prices go up more than they have based on taking away subsidies, and the oil companies raise the price to make up the difference, the economy get's worse, and more people need assistance, if you have an argument make it. You will soon find out I do not look for favor based on my beliefs.
    Hopefully you don't look for favor based on your logic, either. Are you going to respond to my question? If Obama is really all about government control, wouldn't he be seeking to INCREASE subsidies? What is your point, exactly, aside from lashing out at President Obama?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  9. #9
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773
    Likes Received
    5751 times
    Likes Given
    570

    Re: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    Quote Originally Posted by SENSIBLE PATRIO View Post
    Not necessarily, but the outcome would hurt the economy ,therefore my family, when did we start giving oil companies subsidies and why is it such an important thing right at this moment, because it makes Obama sound good to his base.
    I get it. So you think that oil subsidies are a bad thing, what them being socialistic and all, and you're attacking Obama because he wants to do away with something that you think we should do away with. Makes perfect sense now.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #10
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671
    Likes Received
    1074 times
    Likes Given
    238

    Re: Republicans should allow the cut in subsidies to oli companies!

    What do you have against Oli companies?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •