• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump’s calculation on down ballot Republicans

BabaVoss

Rational : Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
He simply does not care.

He is taking dollars from the TNC (newly minted Trump National Committee, constructed from the corpse of the RNC) because he needs them. He has lawyers to pay - a lot of them. And a lot fo court cases to deal with. Delaying these as he has been is expensive.

Why does he not care? Because this is his last run. He knows that, one way or another, he will not get another chance to profit from the presidency while escaping justice. He is also aware that he is old, and he does not want to die in prison.

You guys on the left should be prepared to be disappointed. I don't wish anyone an extended bout of TDS! The polling is not good for Joe.

You guys on the left should be prepared to be disappointed.
Trust me, I’ve been disappointed for a while. I find it very sad that so many Americans still support a lying, immoral and unethical scumbag like trump. Such a disappointment.

Thsi kind of mental weakness does not bode well for our future. It is tragic.

You guys on the left should be prepared to be disappointed. I don't wish anyone an extended bout of TDS! The polling is not good for Joe.
Hate to break it to you but plenty of us
have spent our lives being disappointed and fighting back against systems of injustice and inequality.

We play the long game.

I like how the Reich wing folks get squeamish though. It means progress is taking hold.

Hate to break it to you but plenty of us
have spent our lives being disappointed and fighting back against systems of injustice and inequality.

We play the long game.

I like how the Reich wing folks get squeamish though. It means progress is taking hold.
Indeed. Just imagine how dinosaurs would have felt before hand if they knew they were headed for extinction.

Indeed. Just imagine how dinosaurs would have felt before hand if they knew they were headed for extinction.
It is like they think if they can just win a few times, we'll give up.

Apparently NOT students of history

The non-loyalists have largely left the party. He owns it completely.

1. We are months away. The election will be decided by people that are not even paying attention.
2. The polling trends are quite favorable to Biden. With the last round of polling having Biden tied to leading in PA, MI, WI
3. Polls far away from the election usually favor the challenger. Biden was WAY up at this point in 2020. You can ask Mitt Romney how his January 2012 lead worked out.
4. The polling turn-out models, have not been right in years. The special elections continue to show much stronger turnouts than are polled.
5. Trump is doing no work to expand his base (and the subject discussed in this thread is about him not caring about the grass roots, which would expand his base), Biden is. Trump's base is too small to elect him.
6. Biden will have 10x the money to work with as Trump; which means a ton more ad buys (to sway those that are not yet paying attention) and a grass roots GOTV effort.

The polls are concerning. I would feel better if Biden were up by 10, but that isn't the case. But, the leading indicators are strong enough that Biden in all probability wins this thing.

He simply does not care.

He is taking dollars from the TNC (newly minted Trump National Committee, constructed from the corpse of the RNC) because he needs them. He has lawyers to pay - a lot of them. And a lot fo court cases to deal with. Delaying these as he has been is expensive.

Why does he not care? Because this is his last run. He knows that, one way or another, he will not get another chance to profit from the presidency while escaping justice. He is also aware that he is old, and he does not want to die in prison.
Also, I suspect Trump would very much prefer to be President with a Democrat controlled Congress.

Back
Top Bottom