• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The proposed new Vegas ballpark

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
New photo drops for the proposed ballpark in Vegas and...I'll just let you see for yourself.

my80wjvbnempvgcpughb.jpg

r9mqljdmidkzd3lsx7al.jpg

ngmkyyhwof3qtssggeev.jpg

It's as if Tropicana Field and the Sydney Opera House had a baby.

Vegas appears to be expanding away from gambling. F1 racing, this, another sporting event i forget.

Just...**** this.

Vegas appears to be expanding away from gambling. F1 racing, this, another sporting event i forget.
Not all states can poach teams like Nevada, as it gives the billionaire owner of the A’s $380 million to help him build a stadium with money that should be going to Nevada citizens.

New photo drops for the proposed ballpark in Vegas and...I'll just let you see for yourself.

my80wjvbnempvgcpughb.jpg

r9mqljdmidkzd3lsx7al.jpg

ngmkyyhwof3qtssggeev.jpg

It's as if Tropicana Field and the Sydney Opera House had a baby.

Thanks for the post. Terrific design. Not common in this day and age of lost art in architecture.

Depends how much of the tab the county is picking up.
Way too much. According to the teachers' union.

Strong Public Schools Nevada, a political action committee backed by the Nevada State Education Association, filed a lawsuit Monday in state court in Carson City challenging the allocation of up to $380 million in public funding approved last June by the Democratic-led state Legislature and the Republican governor.

I don't know if $380m is excessive. But I do know the state is next to last in education spending. I understand their point. Vegas schools are not the best.

Musk got well over a billion in tax abatements for building the gigafactory. The economic impact has been well worth the incentives. If the economic impact of the stadium is worth the investment, then perhaps it's the right move.

With the A's ownership? I bet it never happens.
Deciding where to play during construction has been an issue. The team has considered Sacramento and Salt Lake. The Salt Lake Bees are building a new stadium and look to be the preferred favorite. The Aviators Triple-A stadium in Vegas is only 5 years old. The A's could play there, but that would move the Aviators out. They'd have to go back to the ancient Cashman Field. Which brings up the question what happens to the PCL if the A's move to Vegas? A few major league teams have their minor league affiliates in the same metro areas, but I don't think that's the goal here. The Aviators will be sold and/or moved.

Last edited:
Deciding where to play during construction has been an issue. The team has considered Sacramento and Salt Lake. The Salt Lake Bees are building a new stadium and look to be the preferred favorite. The Aviators Triple-A stadium in Vegas is only 5 years old. The A's could play there, but that would move the Aviators out. They'd have to go back to the ancient Cashman Field. Which brings up the question what happens to the PCL if the A's move to Vegas? A few major league teams have their minor league affiliates in the same metro areas, but I don't think that's the goal here. The Aviators will be sold and/or moved.
Plus, where would/could they move to? There aren't too many Western markets that have over half a million people that don't have minor league teams. Most AAA Markets have at least 500k.
My guess is they look at either Tucson or Boise

Plus, where would/could they move to? There aren't too many Western markets that have over half a million people that don't have minor league teams. Most AAA Markets have at least 500k.
My guess is they look at either Tucson or Boise
Boise would be ideal. They have a team in the independent Pioneer League but no MLB associated team. Tuscon has not had luck with baseball. The Tuscon team moved here in 2009, and we had the same situation: no MLB associated team.

I'm surprised Portland has only a Double-A affiliate. Greater Seattle supports a major league team and its Triple-A affiliate in Tacoma.

This article proposes a few options.

The author agrees that Tuscon is the most likely choice.

Do not be surprised if all the talk of the Aviators staying in Vegas is all bluster to keep attendance up. It would be reasonable to assume that if attendance does decrease once the A’s move, the Aviators will relocate somewhere else to increase attendance and profits. The most likely candidate for the relocation location would be Tucson, Arizona.

As far as affiliates go, I think there is an easy answer here: The Reno Aces become the Las Vegas A’s affiliate and the Tucson
Sidewinders/Toros/Aviators become the Arizona Diamondbacks’ affiliate. This relocation option is easily the easiest and does the least amount of changes to MiLB at large. It provides markets with affiliates that make sense and are about as close as you can reasonably get to the parent markets without sharing the metro.

Boise is mentioned, too. The author is pretty creative. Lol.

...Vancouver has proven that it is ready to come back to the Triple-A game. The Vancouver Canadians had the highest attendance in the High-A Northwest League last year. Stadium renovations have been approved, so a promotion to Triple-A could lead to an increase in attendance and act as a trial for expansion. If the Aviators were to move to Vancouver, a hole in the Northwest League would be created that needs to be filled. Looking around the region, the best market for a replacement team would be Boise, Idaho. Boise currently has a team in the pseudo-independent Pioneer League that averaged 3,336 fans per game in 2022, which would have ranked third in the NWL in the same season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom