• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Five Crowns

Sorry, I guess I opened that avenue up with my post about grey hair but that was not my intention...merely showing that there are different kinds of crowns and not all of them are heavy or with gold, and gems set in them...
No problem. I think @ataraxia didn't mean to come off as being disrespectful. It happens sometimes. All's good.

Here's a thought.

If the Crowns weren't important why would God have them written about? If all Scripture is given by inspiration from God (2 Timothy 3:16) then it's something God wants us to know about.

Going a little deeper.

Once earned can one lose them? For example 1 Peter 5:1-4 says

"The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away."

This "crown of glory" is received by elders within the Body that feeds the flock. Can an elder ever retire then, from carrying out their ministry without losing the crown of glory?

This "crown of glory" is received by elders within the Body that feeds the flock. Can an elder ever retire then, from carrying out their ministry without losing the crown of glory?
Interesting question...I've known of elders who've had to step down because of health issues/age/family circumstances/etc. and I do believe Jehovah takes that into account...what God is truly concerned with is our giving our best to Him...He has no unrealistic expectations...are we not blessed that He holds us to no one else's standards but He accepts us for what we alone are capable of giving at any given time?

"But let each one examine his own actions, and then he will have cause for rejoicing in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person." Galatians 6:4

Interesting question...I've known of elders who've had to step down because of health issues/age/family circumstances/etc. and I do believe Jehovah takes that into account...what God is truly concerned with is our giving our best to Him...He has no unrealistic expectations...are we not blessed that He holds us to no one else's standards but He accepts us for what we alone are capable of giving at any given time?

"But let each one examine his own actions, and then he will have cause for rejoicing in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person." Galatians 6:4
Great answer Daisy! Sometimes we think that what we do is not enough. We can be our own worst judges.

1 Corinthians 4:3 - 4
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

The balance between examining and judging yourself can be blurred.

Back
Top Bottom