• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Officers Shot In North Carolina

Well, think about it. You said he said 8k and 12k but all the reporting says he said 5k and 7k. You said he might not know how many cops he has and you can't produce anything supporting your claim of how many cops you said he said he has. Right?

Well, think about it. You said he said 8k and 12k but all the reporting says he said 5k and 7k. You said he might not know how many cops he has and you can't produce anything supporting your claim of how many cops you said he said he has. Right?
I posted "...per the Chief" as I watched him address the media. Maybe he misspoke or is without facts. I have a memory and a very good one. You on the other hand saw and heard nothing yet you claim he did not say it. You are the criminal not me.

I posted "...per the Chief" as I watched him address the media. Maybe he misspoke or is without facts. I have a memory and a very good one. You on the other hand saw and heard nothing yet you claim he did not say it. You are the criminal not me.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You have only your supposed "very good" memory, yet you have not provided one scintilla of proof that what you believe you heard is actually what the Chief said, nor can you tell us the exact date you supposedly heard this presser, where as I listened to multiple news replays of the Chief speaking of his staffing woes going back through April, when you indicated he made the so far unfounded statement.

When you originally made that claim, I even went back through March reporting, February reporting, January reporting.

I checked the Houston PD website for this "8k and 12k" statement, I checked the Chiefs message site, I checked the Facebook and X postings of his, and no where has it ever turned up that Chief Finner ever mentioned he has "8 thousand officers but needs 12 thousand" to handle the Houston Crime.

In all cases I discovered it has always been "5,187" officers or "about 5,200" officers on the HPD with Chief Finner stating he wants or needs "2,000" more to get the job done.

I truly would love for you to prove me wrong, and that you are right, but you have so far been loathe to even try.

Why?

Why call me a criminal for putting forth what the Chief has actually stated when you have put nothing forth to the contrary?

Calling me a criminal just because you can't substantiate your claim.

Tell me my friend, exactly what is supposedly my crime?

I posted "...per the Chief"
I do suspect you misheard, per yourself.
But that is OK.
as I watched him address the media.
On what day exactly was that?
Maybe he misspoke or is without facts.
Maybe you misheard and or missed the facts?
I have a memory and a very good one.
If you misheard what Chief Finner actually stated then it would be that you have a good memory for what you misheard.
We could clear this up readily if you would just provide what exact day this presser was and which Media outlet it was that carried the presser where it was "per the chief".
You on the other hand saw and heard nothing
That is not true. I have read readouts, reporting, and listened to many pressers by Chief Finner going back to the first of the year. Nothing in any of them had him stating the "8k" and "12k" numbers you say he stated.
yet you claim he did not say it.
That is only because no evidence has come out that he did, after an extensive and far reaching search.
My skepticism at this point seems very well founded.
You are the criminal not me.
Again, what makes me an alleged "criminal"?

I do suspect you misheard, per yourself.
But that is OK.

On what day exactly was that?

Maybe you misheard and or missed the facts?

If you misheard what Chief Finner actually stated then it would be that you have a good memory for what you misheard.
We could clear this up readily if you would just provide what exact day this presser was and which Media outlet it was that carried the presser where it was "per the chief".

That is not true. I have read readouts, reporting, and listened to many pressers by Chief Finner going back to the first of the year. Nothing in any of them had him stating the "8k" and "12k" numbers you say he stated.

That is only because no evidence has come out that he did, after an extensive and far reaching search.
My skepticism at this point seems very well founded.

Again, what makes me an alleged "criminal"?
WOW!! You truly are desperate to make a case. Too bad but the fact remains and there is nothing you can do to alter it.

WOW!! You truly are desperate to make a case. Too bad but the fact remains and there is nothing you can do to alter it.
You are right, because it is impossible to "alter" what never existed.

So, there is that.

You are right, because it is impossible to "alter" what never existed.

So, there is that.
Check your brain gauge it reads E.

Check your brain gauge it reads E.
In my case the E stands for Exemplary.

But I am getting a big chuckle that you are dodging proving your unfounded claim with these juvenile attempts to insult me.

But I am getting a big chuckle that you are dodging proving your unfounded claim with these juvenile attempts to insult me.
now, now

it took him 8 HOURS and 45 minutes to come up with that lame rejoinder

appreciate the effort, if not the result

now, now

it took him 8 HOURS and 45 minutes to come up with that lame rejoinder

appreciate the effort, if not the result
Well, the guys also got to sleep, and eat, and maybe work or something, so I'll give him a Gold Star ⭐. :ROFLMAO:

It's never an insult when it is true. You fail to acknowledge that because you did not see the interview then the chief never said what I know he said because I watched it. Put your crystal ball on eBay.

It's never an insult when it is true.
But what you have posted is not at all true.
You fail to acknowledge that because you did not see the interview then the chief never said what I know he said because I watched it.
I want to see the interview, but you will not give us information to view that interview. You continue to fail that I am willing to believe that Chief Finner actually said what you have claimed if you could only provide corroboration. After a rigorous search of the Media, the Houston PD's media website, Chief Finner's HPD Facebook feed, his X feed nothing even remotely comes up resembling what you claim you heard. Sorry, but it still appears that you must have completely misheard or misremembered what you listened to. You insist I am a bad person, a "criminal" for having doubt. You claim your memory is good and accurate, yet you can't remember what day it was you supposedly heard Chief Finner speak or via what Media Network it was that he was on when he made that alleged 8k and 12k statement. All you need to put this to bed is to link us to that interview.
Put your crystal ball on eBay.
I have no crystal ball. Wish I did, they are cool looking.
But if I did I might send it to you so that you might divine what Chief Finner actually said.

But what you have posted is not at all true.

I want to see the interview, but you will not give us information to view that interview. You continue to fail that I am willing to believe that Chief Finner actually said what you have claimed if you could only provide corroboration. After a rigorous search of the Media, the Houston PD's media website, Chief Finner's HPD Facebook feed, his X feed nothing even remotely comes up resembling what you claim you heard. Sorry, but it still appears that you must have completely misheard or misremembered what you listened to. You insist I am a bad person, a "criminal" for having doubt. You claim your memory is good and accurate, yet you can't remember what day it was you supposedly heard Chief Finner speak or via what Media Network it was that he was on when he made that alleged 8k and 12k statement. All you need to put this to bed is to link us to that interview.

I have no crystal ball. Wish I did, they are cool looking.
But if I did I might send it to you so that you might divine what Chief Finner actually said.
Try this on for size.... suggests the chief may be not only stupid and confused but just plain incompetent. The so-called "force" is a joke from start to finish. Look up how ridiculous the lab work or lack of is. "Disgrace" it their tag'

The only joke here is your posts.

Try this on for size....
Why?
It needs to fit what you claimed Chief Finner, and it doesn't.
I already knew all of that, and I am very much aware of that backlog of cases, that had been piling up due to "lack of personnel" with that label, as well as many of those backlogged cases being mislabeled to "lack of personnel".
suggests the chief may be not only stupid and confused but just plain incompetent.
It suggests no such thing.
His department is not the only one in America that has had case backlog issues because of personnel shortages.
That is unfortunately all too common.
Don't even get me started on the Nationwide backlogs of unprocessed Rape Kits.
It is shameful!
The so-called "force" is a joke from start to finish.
Well, that is arguable.
What isn't arguable is that you still can't support your claim of what you alleged you heard Chief Finner state, regarding HPD staffing, in a Presser sometime back in April.
Look up how ridiculous the lab work or lack of is.
I already had, I knew about that already, I don't need to look it up.
I also saw where Chief Finner had prioritized addressing those cases and was putting manpower to them and was making significant progress.
It is a disgrace it reached that point.
"Disgrace" it their tag'
Not really.
<Media Link Snipped>
Already well aware.

Why?
It needs to fit what you claimed Chief Finner, and it doesn't.
I already knew all of that, and I am very much aware of that backlog of cases, that had been piling up due to "lack of personnel" with that label, as well as many of those backlogged cases being mislabeled to "lack of personnel".

It suggests no such thing.
His department is not the only one in America that has had case backlog issues because of personnel shortages.
That is unfortunately all too common.
Don't even get me started on the Nationwide backlogs of unprocessed Rape Kits.
It is shameful!

Well, that is arguable.
What isn't arguable is that you still can't support your claim of what you alleged you heard Chief Finner state, regarding HPD staffing, in a Presser sometime back in April.

I already had, I knew about that already, I don't need to look it up.
I also saw where Chief Finner had prioritized addressing those cases and was putting manpower to them and was making significant progress.
It is a disgrace it reached that point.

Not really.

Already well aware.
The obvious thing here is your degree of desperation to try to prove me wrong proving only your overly long-winded posts are just that, wind! My pots are the truth while yours are circular.

The obvious thing here is your degree of desperation to try to prove me wrong proving only your overly long-winded posts are just that, wind! My pots are the truth while yours are circular.
No desperation on my part. It is easy peasy to type my replies. The real desperation, if any, Is the ongoing attempt by you to insult me instead of easily proving my disbelief in your original claims to be wrong.

I am glad your pots are the truth.

My pots are both elongated rather than circular.

Your continued spinning on what you claim Chief Finner supposedly stated in an un-evidenced presser on some supposed un-denoted date back in April is what has set the motion going here between us.

All it would take to stop the spin is for you to post a link to the presser in which you claim Houston Police Chief Finner allegedly made staffing claims that, according to you, he has "8 thousand" officers but needs 4 thousand more reach "12 thousand" officers to appropriately police Houston.

You have a great day! 🤗

Then perhaps the Chief doesn't know how many cops he has.
OH NO! Can it Be? I guess this confirms my point that the chief is a flea-bitten incompetent fool.

OH NO! Can it Be? I guess this confirms my point that the chief is a flea-bitten incompetent fool.
You are late to the game on that information.

I already knew that from my earlier searching, that searching that seemed to confirm Chief Finner never mentioned the 8k or 12k numbers in regards HPD officers on hand or needed, in any alleged media covered presser in April of 2024.

Back
Top Bottom