• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Times ordered editors and reporters to use heavily biased language

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Mehdi Hassan discusses leaked orders showing many orders to use language to bias reporting in favor of Israel (Worse than Hamas) and against Palestinians.

Why can't they be more open minded and honest like we are at NPR?

It's all a matter of perspective. Israel had the right to retaliate from the hamas' attack. However in my opinion they are now in the wrong and killing way too many innocent people in retaliation. If you are only for israel you'll only see things one way, period. I do not support Israel in everything they do and this is one of those times.

Hmmm

"I left NPR in the early fall of 2016, but when I came back to work on Morning Edition about a year later, I saw NO trace of the anti-Trump editorial machine that Uri references. On the contrary, people were at pains to find a way to cover Trump’s voters and his administration fairly. We went full-bore on “diner guy in a trucker hat” coverage and adopted the “alt-right” label to describe people who could accurately be called racists. The network had a reflexive need to stay on good terms with people in power, and journalists who had contacts within the administration were encouraged to pursue those bookings."

Link

Hmmm

"I left NPR in the early fall of 2016, but when I came back to work on Morning Edition about a year later, I saw NO trace of the anti-Trump editorial machine that Uri references. On the contrary, people were at pains to find a way to cover Trump’s voters and his administration fairly. We went full-bore on “diner guy in a trucker hat” coverage and adopted the “alt-right” label to describe people who could accurately be called racists. The network had a reflexive need to stay on good terms with people in power, and journalists who had contacts within the administration were encouraged to pursue those bookings."

Link
So the NPR editor who worked there for 25 years, was suspended for making his opinion known, doesn't know what he's talking about. Got it.

gaza-media-chart-2-rev-1.png

So the NPR editor who worked there for 25 years, was suspended for making his opinion known, doesn't know what he's talking about. Got it.

Let's just say he has his detractors who have a history there as well. As a regular NPR listener who has grown disgusted with their subservience to the Insurrectionist Party, I agree with her.

He wasn't suspended for making his opinion known.

But that's not really the topic here, is it?

Back
Top Bottom