• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does a Trump win save democracy?

Like I said in the OP. I think the lack of faith in the system is more dangerous for democracy than one term by one bad person.

Right wing media and the GOP have been steadily working to erode faith in the system. Trump now leads that parade, but he didn’t invent it.

LOL, "most secure election ever"......absolutely nothing irregular about Joe Biden receiving over 81 million votes, while losing both Fl. and Oh., winning only 1 bellweather county as Trump won 18, with a total county vote of only 477 counties and Trump won 2497. Cease with spreading BS false narratives.
Another point to be made in response to this is that Trump would have still lost the 2020 presidential election if all of the 50 states did the Congressional district method like how Maine and Nebraska does it. Link

A Trump win ends democracy. I can't imagine what world you live in to think a guy that says he will be a dictator will save democracy.

A Trump win ends democracy. I can't imagine what world you live in to think a guy that says he will be a dictator will save democracy.

Around 10 pct of the country's population own 70 pct of its wealth. The other 90 pct depend on them for credit, including businesses, the gov't, the military, and both political parties.

Donald has spent the last 4 years fanatically attempting to undermine faith in US elections and the democratic process, entirely without evidence demonstrating that fraud existed in 2020 to a degree sufficient to deny him a 2nd term.

The disturbing fact is that 1/3 of Americans seem to be perfectly fine with that.

Too much TDS and rank partisanship in that rant to take you all that seriously. My point is mostly to do with presidential elections. Before the era of many states going off the map with such moves as mass mailout balloting, extra voting days, drop boxes, ballot harvesting etc, most Americans had a reasonable level of trust in presidential elections. That trust is lacking today and much more so aftger the mad pandemic port rush to unsecure mass mailout balloting in swing states. But then I assume you are quiote okay with fast and loose voting methods as long as you feel that the democrat presidential candidtate benefits from it. I prefer to go back to tradtitional elections and include solid voter ID laws in every state.

I gather thazt you don’t know what ballot harvesting is, and that you’re just tossing it around.

What you call “fast and loose” voting methods are standard practice in most democracies today.

And mistrust in American elections exists only in Trump world, where it is actively promoted by the right wing noise machine.

Trump lost, and he launched a pre planned noise campaign to promote the big lie.

It was all BS, but Trump nation doesn’t care. They prefer the lie, because it’s what they want to believe.

As any Fox executive knows, this is an audience that would rather be lied to, than be told something it doesn’t want to hear.

I gather thazt you don’t know what ballot harvesting is, and that you’re just tossing it around.
I gather that you are making it up as you go along. I know what ballot harvesting is. One big example is democrat party hacks walking into for instance retirement homes to ahem assist those poor elederly patients in filling out their ballots, even the ones that don't know their own names,
What you call “fast and loose” voting methods are standard practice in most democracies today.
I don't know about your state, however voting is secure in my state. You are largely expected to vote in person on election day only, and with a valid state ID with your photo. It's scanned into the system when you vote. You can with a valid excuse request an absentee ballot which must be witnessed when you sign it and send it in. Ballot harvesting in my state is illegal. And I don't give a shot what other nations do. I am primarily concerned with American elections, especially those of national significance.
And mistrust in American elections exists only in Trump world, where it is actively promoted by the right wing noise machine.
Yeah right. That why you libruls spent four years with that Russian Collusion Hoax claiming that Russian interference caused Hillary Von PantSuit to lose in 2016. And many of you spent many years claiming the SCOTUS appointed GW Bush president in 2000, that is when you were not screeching about possible hacking of the Dominion voting machines.
Trump lost, and he launched a pre planned noise campaign to promote the big lie.
TDS
It was all BS, but Trump nation doesn’t care. They prefer the lie, because it’s what they want to believe.
TDS
As any Fox executive knows, this is an audience that would rather be lied to, than be told something it doesn’t want to hear.
Just more TDS

Too much TDS and rank partisanship in that rant to take you all that seriously. My point is mostly to do with presidential elections. Before the era of many states going off the map with such moves as mass mailout balloting, extra voting days, drop boxes, ballot harvesting etc, most Americans had a reasonable level of trust in presidential elections. That trust is lacking today and much more so aftger the mad pandemic port rush to unsecure mass mailout balloting in swing states. But then I assume you are quiote okay with fast and loose voting methods as long as you feel that the democrat presidential candidtate benefits from it. I prefer to go back to tradtitional elections and include solid voter ID laws in every state.

I gather that you are making it up as you go along. I know what ballot harvesting is. One big example is democrat party hacks walking into for instance retirement homes to ahem assist those poor elederly patients in filling out their ballots, even the ones that don't know their own names,

I don't know about your state, however voting is secure in my state. You are largely expected to vote in person on election day only, and with a valid state ID with your photo. It's scanned into the system when you vote. You can with a valid excuse request an absentee ballot which must be witnessed when you sign it and send it in. Ballot harvesting in my state is illegal. And I don't give a shot what other nations do. I am primarily concerned with American elections, especially those of national significance.

Yeah right. That why you libruls spent four years with that Russian Collusion Hoax claiming that Russian interference caused Hillary Von PantSuit to lose in 2016. And many of you spent many years claiming the SCOTUS appointed GW Bush president in 2000, that is when you were not screeching about possible hacking of the Dominion voting machines.

TDS

TDS

Just more TDS
You Trumpsters like to haul out the old TDS trope. Apparantly you never seem to notice that it doesn’t actually address the facts you want to avoid, but can’t refute.

So, you’ve dismissed Fox’s public admission that it lies to folks like you, because they know you will punish them for telling you something you don’t want to hear. But that was established in court.

I don’t care what the voting laws in your state are. Pretending that is the only way to counter largely non existent voter fraud. No evidence exists to support that claim.

Trump’s collusion with Russian intelligence to aid his campaign supported by well documented facts. None of which were even chllenged.

You’re OK with Russian agents meeting with US based campaign officials in the middle of an election.

Must be, TDS.

You do know what ballot harvesting is.

Now, try citing a case where it tainted any recent election (dispite your attempt to insinuate that Trump was a victim, like he always whines he is)

Back
Top Bottom