• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Approval Plummets to 35%

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
As The Terminator says, "I'll be back."
Good. Also, what happened to that picture of Sirhan Sirhan you used to use as an avatar?

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
The problem for the dems in the 2006 elections is there are very few republican seat in jeapordy whereas that is not the same with the dems.......
How many seats are up for grabs? I can't find any numbers yet. All I see is percentages. http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051106/WIRE/211060339/1117/news

Billo_Really said:
Good. Also, what happened to that picture of Sirhan Sirhan you used to use as an avatar?

How many seats are up for grabs? I can't find any numbers yet. All I see is percentages. http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051106/WIRE/211060339/1117/news

That article cites the same survey that is dealt with further up the thread.

And the number of seats is subjective. Not much is being written about it yet because its FAR too early to even think about it...

Navy Pride said:
The problem for the dems in the 2006 elections is there are very few republican seat in jeapordy whereas that is not the same with the dems.......
Another problem the Dems have is being FOR something. They keep attacking PRES. Bush like he will be running again. 35% is pretty low but it is after the Miers appointment when is base was outraged. He won them back with Elito and I bet the poles will soon go back up.

dthmstr254 said:
not in my hometown, and my hometown has proven to be mostly dems.
With all due respect, this is DEBATE POLITICS not MAKE IT UP AS I GO WITH NO PROOF.

I dare you to provide proof that in your town 100% of everyone didn't support President Clinton!

Your point is totally ridiculous and with each post you make yourself look weaker and weaker.

26 X World Champs said:
With all due respect, this is DEBATE POLITICS not MAKE IT UP AS I GO WITH NO PROOF.

I dare you to provide proof that in your town 100% of everyone didn't support President Clinton!

Your point is totally ridiculous and with each post you make yourself look weaker and weaker.
Impossible. There's no way to prove that 100% of a town didn't support President Clinton. Ridicules

Bush Drops Another Point

A poll released today shows Bush now at 36%, and what is more important, Bush's approval among Republicans has dropped 8 points since last month to 72%, and his approval among independents is only 26%.

Actually, this poll shows that people are not only fed up with Bush, but also with politicians in general. Bush's disapproval rating is 53%, Congressional Republicans 50%, and Congressional Democrats 47%. What this nation needs is a good dose of politician penicillin.

Article is here.

Re: Bush Drops Another Point

danarhea said:
A poll released today shows Bush now at 36%, and what is more important, Bush's approval among Republicans has dropped 8 points since last month to 72%, and his approval among independents is only 26%.

Actually, this poll shows that people are not only fed up with Bush, but also with politicians in general. Bush's disapproval rating is 53%, Congressional Republicans 50%, and Congressional Democrats 47%. What this nation needs is a good dose of politician penicillin.

Article is here.

Crap! At this rate, he'll never get re-elected. :roll:

This shows the hate rhetoric is working. Remember America, the liberals want to lose the war on terror because it is their only way of regaining political power. Pathetic.

cnredd said:
I just read the Poll questions....I almost vomited...

Check it out...These are the questions BEFORE any questions about Bush...

DID SOMEONE IN BUSH ADMIN. LEAK AGENT'S NAME?
ARE THE CHARGES AGAINST LIBBY TRUE?
KARL ROVE: HIS ACTIONS IN CIA MATTER WERE…
LIBBY & ROVE: DO THEIR ACTIONS DESERVE PROSECUTION?
HAVE YOU HEARD OR READ ABOUT CIA LEAK INVESTIGATION?
HOW IMPORTANT TO THE NATION IS THE CIA LEAK MATTER?
THE CIA LEAK MATTER: MOSTLY POLITICS?

Notice something funny going on here???

Point #1) The Poll, ON PURPOSE, starts with a negative story asking people DIRECT QUESTIONS pertaining to an event that is still under investigation...It sets them up psychologically to have a negative feeling...just like my first question in post above...

Point #2) It's a two page questionnaire...There was not ONE WORD about GWB until the second page...they mention the whole administration once...:roll:

Point #3) Notice anything else?....If you're going to go this route, why not show ALL issues?...Where are these questions?!?!?!?

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PRESIDENT'S INITIATIVE PERTAINING THE FLU VIRUS?
DO YOU FEEL THAT JUSTICE ALITO, WITH HIS 15 YEARS OF JUDICIAL EXPERIENCE, IS QUALIFIED TO BE ON THE SUPREME COURT BENCH?
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PRESIDENT ACCEPTING THE WITHDRAWAL OF HARRIET MIERS?
DO YOU BELIEVE THE PRESIDENT'S UPCOMING VISIT TO SOUTH AMERICA WILL HELP FOREIGN RELATIONS?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/02/opinion/polls/main1005252.shtml

This is a bullshit poll...I would expect more from CBS...
You expected more? I think this is right in line with how CBS operates. Polls are for sheep and this proves it. I wonder how Dan Rather is enjoying his "retirement."

KCConservative said:
Crap! At this rate, he'll never get re-elected. :roll:

This shows the hate rhetoric is working. Remember America, the liberals want to lose the war on terror because it is their only way of regaining political power. Pathetic.

You mean those Liberals at FOX News? It is FOX News that did the poll. So, according to you, Bill O'Reilly is a tree hugging hippie, Sean Hannity is a terrorist lover, and Brit Hume hates America? Next thing you know you will be telling everybody that Richard Nixon and Leonid Breshnev belonged to the same political party.

You know, you really need to read the links that are posted so that you dont end up making such silly comments. Read the link next time, then you will know better.

We hear a lot about how low President Bush's approval rating is so low but I heard Andrea Mitchell on Hardball say yesterday say that Carter, Reagans, and Clintons were all lower at some point during their second term......

So much for approval ratings........

Navy Pride said:
We hear a lot about how low President Bush's approval rating is so low but I heard Andrea Mitchell on Hardball say yesterday say that Carter, Reagans, and Clintons were all lower at some point during their second term......

So much for approval ratings........
Here's some back up for that:
The low points for recent commanders in chief are as follows:

Bill Clinton: 37 percent

George H. W. Bush: 29 percent

Ronald Reagan: 35 percent

Jimmy Carter: 28 percent

Gerald Ford: 37 percent

Richard Nixon: 24 percent

Lyndon Johnson: 35 percent
To find presidents with higher low-point approval ratings than Bush, one has to go back to John Kennedy at 56 percent, and Dwight Eisenhower at 48 percent.

KCConservative said:
Pathetic? Do you mean your post? To actually write that "Liberals" are traitors and want to "lose the war on terror" is, to quote you, "PATHETIC."

Here's some simple words for anyone who dares to suggest, no less believe that there are Americans routing against our soldiers: "You're INSANE!"

Being against the war does NOT mean that you want to LOSE the war! It means you want to END the war as soon as possible.

One could easily argue that it is the NEOCONS who are the devils when it concerns American involvement in this war. They are the ones who manipulated the facts to justify the invasion of a country that posed no threat to the USA and which has now resulted in the deaths and maiming of tens of thousands of Americans and way more Iraqis!

From where I'm sitting the true "traitors" are those amongst us who willingly manipulate the lives of their countrymen to serve their own personal agenda despite it being against our own best interests.

danarhea said:

Article is here.
It's time for a purge. America needs to stick its collective finger down its throat.

26 X World Champs said:
Pathetic? Do you mean your post? To actually write that "Liberals" are traitors and want to "lose the war on terror" is, to quote you, "PATHETIC."

Here's some simple words for anyone who dares to suggest, no less believe that there are Americans routing against our soldiers: "You're INSANE!"

Being against the war does NOT mean that you want to LOSE the war! It means you want to END the war as soon as possible.

One could easily argue that it is the NEOCONS who are the devils when it concerns American involvement in this war. They are the ones who manipulated the facts to justify the invasion of a country that posed no threat to the USA and which has now resulted in the deaths and maiming of tens of thousands of Americans and way more Iraqis!

From where I'm sitting the true "traitors" are those amongst us who willingly manipulate the lives of their countrymen to serve their own personal agenda despite it being against our own best interests.

TRULY PATHETIC
the only way to end this war as early as possible is to win the war
which so many RETARDED COWARDLY LIBERALS just do not get
the war is over when we win
NOT ONE DAY SOONER
so take yourself up to yankee stadium and squat on the bat :lol:
and preach your cowardly anti military message there

you have every right to disagrree with the war
but it is history as to why
we are there and we must win
which means all you whining, crying terrorist sympathizing cowards should STFU
that is the game plan
always has been
always will be
that is war
you fight until you win
or you fight until you are conquered
there is NO F'ing grey area
why dont you ***** liberals get that simple fact

i actually think you do get it
but you would rather try and turn the public so you can regain power in the next election
and instead of putting forth real ideas and real solutions
you just critcize
you, and your ilk offer nothing but criticism, and that does not win elections

DeeJayH said:
TRULY PATHETIC
NOT ONE DAY SOONER

that is the game plan
always has been
always will be
that is war
you fight until you win

but you would rather try and turn the public so you can regain power in the next election
you just critcize

DeeJay,

Are you forgetting that Biden, Kerry and Hillary Clinton have called for MORE troops in Iraq to get the job done right? This is also a position that is being called for by John McCain.

The problem is, getting enough troops in Iraq to secure the whole country is political suicide.

DeeJayH said:
TRULY PATHETIC
NOT ONE DAY SOONER
Whoa....a little bit over the top with your hostility towards me, don't you think? I didn't attack you personally, why do you feel the need to hit me over the head with a bat?

Where did I write that I want us to lose the war? Your prejudice towards anyone who does not think like you do seems to have caused you to write untruths. Why?

This is what I wrote, now you tell me how this differs from your concept of how you want the war to end? I wrote:
I also am of the opinion that this war will not end for YEARS and YEARS. We are no closer today to winning the war than we were two years ago. We've started a civil war where one didn't exist. We invaded a country that did not pose any threat to the USA.

For some reason you choose to ignore the fact that this war was started on lies, that we've lost thousands of Americans because of those lies, and we will lose thousands more before this war is over.

DeeJayH said:
Do you make yourself feel better by telling people to "shut the fu%k up"? Is that what you say to people who disagree with you? Call them "cowards", especially over the Internet? Why don't you enlist in the military and put your nasty mouth where you want others to put theirs, on the front lines? All words and no action it seems like, you know?
DeeJayH said:
that is the game plan
always has been
always will be
that is war
you fight until you win
Notice how I've highlighted for you the many ignorant and juvenile insults contained in your post? Is this your debating "technique"? Call people ******s, retarded, whiners, cry babies, cowards & then tell them to stick a bat up their ass? That is how you debate? :bravo:
DeeJayH said:
you just critcize
Why do you believe that if someone disagrees with you their motives are purely political and that they do not have a passion for their point of view? Isn't that incredibly stupid to think that way? Is it because YOUR motives are based on politics not ideals?

Your post is truly disturbing for the pure hatred you toss at me and anyone who disagrees with you. Debating with you is not a debate at all since you insist on hurling insults as the main thrust of making your point(s).

BTW - I am certain that we will pull out of Iraq BEFORE the war is over since the American public won't stand for this war for years to come AND I was under the impression that Bush PROMISED to bring our soldiers home when the Iraqis are able to defend themselves.

Do you think that the Iraqis will never be able to defend their own country from themselves?

hipsterdufus said:
DeeJay,

Are you forgetting that Biden, Kerry and Hillary Clinton have called for MORE troops in Iraq to get the job done right? This is also a position that is being called for by John McCain.

The problem is, getting enough troops in Iraq to secure the whole country is political suicide.

And are you aware that your ilk has tried their very best to see that new recruits are not found? :roll:

YOU NEED MEN, and all I see from the left is more obstruction in this pursuit

DeeJayH said:
TRULY PATHETIC
NOT ONE DAY SOONER

that is the game plan
always has been
always will be
that is war
you fight until you win

you just critcize

I decided to check my email before I went out, and you are the dumbest person alive! You need to go back and read some of your earlier posts. You totally contradict yourself with every new post you write...it's *****ing hilarious! You think war is a good thing? This war is not winnable!!! When will you get that through your head?? Keep bashing people though, you make yourself sound real intelligent! Keep bashing God and people who have faith in him. Look forward to hell like you say you do, because that's where your going. You must be like 22 maybe 23. You think bashig liberals is going to make a difference to people...it's not, trust me!! Pu$$y liberals...good one!! Your a jack ass! You have no concept of how life works, and no compassion for human beings. So what real ideas and real solutions do you believe the republicans possess that the "***** liberals" can't figure out?? Answer that d*euche bag...Oh wait, your answer would be war...kill everyone, take over every country. That's how you think. You have a sad, sad life!!!

DeeJayH said:
TRULY PATHETIC
NOT ONE DAY SOONER

that is the game plan
always has been
always will be
that is war
you fight until you win

you just critcize
I might agree with the reasons we went to war with Iraq, but no one wins a war. wars are about how much people are willing to lose. what I worry about is the welfare of other people, and the Iraqis as a whole are going to benefit from this when we are finished. democracy will then take over the Middle East, and that will most likely lead to a peace treaty with Israel. funny thing about that is that event is prophecied in the Bible. funny coincidence, dontcha think?

hipsterdufus said:
DeeJay,

Kerry has a history of telling one thing to one group and another thing to another.

Originally Posted by dthmstr254:
Kerry has a history of telling one thing to one group and another thing to another.
In contrast to Bush who keeps changing what he tells people as much as the change of seasons. Like the reasons we invaded Iraq.

Originally Posted by DeeJayH
that is the game plan
always has been
always will be
that is war
you fight until you win
How would we know the war is over?

26 X World Champs said:
Whoa....a little bit over the top with your hostility towards me, don't you think?
hmmmm, maybe a little bit :3oops: *hangs head in shame, and goes to time-out*

26 X World Champs said:
I also am of the opinion that this war will not end for YEARS and YEARS. We are no closer today to winning the war than we were two years ago. We've started a civil war where one didn't exist. We invaded a country that did not pose any threat to the USA.

For some reason you choose to ignore the fact that this war was started on lies, that we've lost thousands of Americans because of those lies, and we will lose thousands more before this war is over.
since there are plenty of threads addressing the 'lies to get us into the war' i will pass over that
if we are no closer to winning than we were two years ago what do you call:
2 successful elections
all the gains on the political front
the Iraqi military, which is lacking, but it is forming. same with the police force
they still need major teaching and experience, but Iraqis are streaming in to answer the call, knowing full well they will be targeted by the terrorists for death
now if we were in a country, fighting a war, where the locals were not willing to rise up like they are in Iraq, I would agree with you 100%.
but that is not the case

to call Iraq a civil war now seems laughable to me
yes there are quite a few fighting to keep progress from being made, but they are mostly foriegn fighters (terrorists)instigating it, and funding it
but the overwhelming majority of Iraq seems to be embracing the process we enabled them to start
26 X World Champs said:
Notice how I've highlighted for you the many ignorant and juvenile insults contained in your post? Is this your debating "technique"? Call people ******s, retarded, whiners, cry babies, cowards & then tell them to stick a bat up their ass? That is how you debate?
not 'a' bat, but the yankee stadium bat :3oops:
but as a said in the beginning of the post, just a lil over the top on my part last night.
apologies

26 X World Champs said:
I am certain that we will pull out of Iraq BEFORE the war is over since the American public won't stand for this war for years to come AND I was under the impression that Bush PROMISED to bring our soldiers home when the Iraqis are able to defend themselves.

Do you think that the Iraqis will never be able to defend their own country from themselves?
will we be in Iraq, until no more IEDs explode, or no more attacks are done?
of course not. but we will be out of there when the Iraqis are ready to do it on their own, and our troop strengths will be scaled back over time, until that day arrives.
why do so many people think wars are on a timetable. that they are won in a few months, or a few years.
seems like this country is in danger, from within, due to A.D.D., and the need for instant gratification.

26 X World Champs said:
DeejayH said:
you just critcize
Why do you believe that if someone disagrees with you their motives are purely political and that they do not have a passion for their point of view?
that was actually me being retarded with my pronouns
i was speaking generally of Dems and the others who seem to me, to be using the war to regain power
through criticism instead of alternatives

Back
Top Bottom