Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 105

Thread: Christians and Israel

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    12-09-19 @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,137

    Christians and Israel

    Without Israel, there wouldn't be Christianity. Christians have an obligation to stand with Israel.
    We shouldn't be silent about that.



    Rubio's blistering speech on Obama's assault on Israel







    Genesis 12
    3
    I will bless those who bless you,
    And I will curse him who curses you;
    And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”


    Joel 3:1-3
    The Lord Judges the Nations
    3 [a] “For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, 3 and have cast lots for my people, and have traded a boy for a prostitute, and have sold a girl for wine and have drunk it.


    Romans 11
    Israel’s Rejection Not Total
    11 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.

    Ephesians 3
    6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
    Last edited by tosca1; 04-04-15 at 05:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    11-27-19 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    39,656

    Re: Christians and Israel


    catholic bigots hate jews while evangelist bigots like.
    Last edited by Medusa; 04-04-15 at 06:12 PM.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    12-09-19 @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,137

    Re: Christians and Israel


  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    12-09-19 @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,137

    Re: Christians and Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

    catholic bigots hate jews while evangelist bigots like.

    Why do a lot of people - including some Christians - hate the Jews? I think this will be a philosophical discussion so I'll post it in Philosophy, What's the reason for anti-semitism?
    Last edited by tosca1; 04-04-15 at 07:24 PM.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,833

    Re: Christians and Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Without Israel, there wouldn't be Christianity. Christians have an obligation to stand with Israel.
    We shouldn't be silent about that.



    Rubio's blistering speech on Obama's assault on Israel







    Genesis 12
    3
    I will bless those who bless you,
    And I will curse him who curses you;
    And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”


    Joel 3:1-3
    The Lord Judges the Nations
    3 [a] “For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, 3 and have cast lots for my people, and have traded a boy for a prostitute, and have sold a girl for wine and have drunk it.


    Romans 11
    Israel’s Rejection Not Total
    11 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.

    Ephesians 3
    6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
    er as Christians don't you have an obligation to treat every one how you would want to be treated?

    now supporting Israel might be a part of that but you have to support Palestinians to and that doesn't mean you have to support everything any one dose either

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    35,237

    Re: Christians and Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Without Israel, there wouldn't be Christianity. Christians have an obligation to stand with Israel.
    We shouldn't be silent about that.



    Rubio's blistering speech on Obama's assault on Israel







    Genesis 12
    3
    I will bless those who bless you,
    And I will curse him who curses you;
    And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”


    Joel 3:1-3
    The Lord Judges the Nations
    3 [a] “For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, 3 and have cast lots for my people, and have traded a boy for a prostitute, and have sold a girl for wine and have drunk it.


    Romans 11
    Israel’s Rejection Not Total
    11 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.

    Ephesians 3
    6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
    This is why so many Christians support the State of Israel. The Jews must return there so they can be murdered by God in the end times. I kid you not. And Israel thinks Iran is a threat.

    While only 36 percent of all Americans believe that the Bible is God's Word and should be taken literally, 59 percent say they believe that events predicted in the Book of Revelation will come to pass. Almost one out of four Americans believes that 9/11 was predicted in the Bible, and nearly one in five believes that he or she will live long enough to see the end of the world. Even more significant for this study, over one-third of those Americans who support Israel report that they do so because they believe the Bible teaches that the Jews must possess their own country in the Holy Land before Jesus can return.
    Millions of Americans believe that the Bible predicts the future and that we are living in the last days. Their beliefs are rooted in dispensationalism, a particular way of understanding the Bible's prophetic passages, especially those in Daniel and Ezekiel in the Old Testament and the Book of Revelation in the New Testament. They make up about one-third of America's 40 or 50 million evangelical Christians and believe that the nation of Israel will play a central role in the unfolding of end-times events. In the last part of the 20th century, dispensationalist evangelicals become Israel's best friends-an alliance that has made a serious geopolitical difference.
    Read more at On the Road to Armageddon: How Evangelicals Became Israel's Best Friend by Timothy P. Weber - Beliefnet.com

  7. #7
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    11-27-19 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    39,656

    Re: Christians and Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Why do a lot of people - including some Christians - hate the Jews? I think this will be a philosophical discussion so I'll post it in Philosophy, What's the reason for anti-semitism?
    it is not about philosophy but about the political dynamics and socio culturel structures of different time periods in the history
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    12-09-19 @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,137

    Re: Christians and Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    er as Christians don't you have an obligation to treat every one how you would want to be treated?

    now supporting Israel might be a part of that but you have to support Palestinians to and that doesn't mean you have to support everything any one dose either
    Christians are called to defend the weak and the defenseless, and to stop those being led to slaughter.
    Those are in the Bible.

    We are, according to the Scriptures, also called upon to stand with Israel.

  9. #9
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    04-24-15 @ 04:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7

    Re: Christians and Israel

    Today no one can control what somebody else says. They can control whether or not they select to directly support the person who says anything else.

  10. #10
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Christians and Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Without Israel, there wouldn't be Christianity. Christians have an obligation to stand with Israel.
    We shouldn't be silent about that.



    Rubio's blistering speech on Obama's assault on Israel







    Genesis 12
    3
    I will bless those who bless you,
    And I will curse him who curses you;
    And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”


    Joel 3:1-3
    The Lord Judges the Nations
    3 [a] “For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land, 3 and have cast lots for my people, and have traded a boy for a prostitute, and have sold a girl for wine and have drunk it.


    Romans 11
    Israel’s Rejection Not Total
    11 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.

    Ephesians 3
    6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,
    Israel today is not the Israel of God's Covenant, they bear absolutely 0 relation.

    Infact there are probably more palestinian families With actual descendants going back to the ancient Israelites than the Israelies.

    So do you believe that Jew's don't need to Accept Christ to be saved?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •