• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Data Show Bin Laden Plots; C.I.A. Hid Near Raided House

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Well, it looks like Osama bin Laden wasn't irrelevant as previously thought.

WASHINGTON — After reviewing computer files and documents seized at the compound where Osama bin Laden was killed, American intelligence analysts have concluded that the chief of Al Qaeda played a direct role for years in plotting terror attacks from his hide-out in Abbottabad, Pakistan, United States officials said Thursday.

The C.I.A. had Bin Laden’s compound under surveillance for months before American commandos killed him in an assault on Monday, watching and photographing residents and visitors from a rented house nearby, according to several officials briefed on the operation.

The documents taken at the Abbottabad compound, according to American officials, show that Bin Laden was in touch regularly with the terror network he created. With his whereabouts and activities a mystery in recent years, many intelligence analysts and terrorism experts had concluded that he had been relegated to an inspirational figure with little role in current and future Qaeda operations. ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/06/world/asia/06intel.html

In recent years in spite of our Government the CIA, Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard have become a well honed group of kiss forces that are unequaled in the world, enhanced by Technology, and proven in action.

Who was it that said the Government can't keep secrets. I find it impossible that the Pakistan Gov, didn't know Osama was there for 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom