• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Barton: Bible against net neutrality

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Con David Barton: Bible against Net Neutrality | User Submitted

[/QUOTE] Social conservative and evangelical David Barton is against net neutrality because he says it goes against the principles of Ben Franklin, the Pilgrims, and the Bible. Barton declared that net neutrality is "wicked stuff, and I don't use that word very often, but this is wicked stuff." The controversy surrounding net neutrality relates to a push by the FCC to get Congress to pass legislation that would prevent internet service providers from blocking access to certain web content providers, and force them to treat all web content providers equally. "Fair is a word no Christian should ever use in their vocabulary," Barton said. "Fair has nothing to do with anything. What you want is justice, you don't want fairness."
Thou shalt not stop corporations from raking in profits at your expense.

In the full article, Barton says that free market economics is a biblical principle. Funny, because I thought the money changers in the temple was pretty "free market." I guess that Jesus didn't understand the Bible either.

Last edited:
This is just freaking ridiculous. I didn't know it said in the Bible, "If you want to stream Netflix over Comcast, thou salt pay more lest ye be an ungrateful bastard."

Really I don't understand the opposition to net neutrality, we should all be for it, it's just common sense.

Last edited:
Social conservative and evangelical David Barton is against net neutrality because he says it goes against the principles of Ben Franklin, the Pilgrims, and the Bible. Barton declared that net neutrality is "wicked stuff, and I don't use that word very often, but this is wicked stuff." The controversy surrounding net neutrality relates to a push by the FCC to get Congress to pass legislation that would prevent internet service providers from blocking access to certain web content providers, and force them to treat all web content providers equally. "Fair is a word no Christian should ever use in their vocabulary," Barton said. "Fair has nothing to do with anything. What you want is justice, you don't want fairness."
Thou shalt not stop corporations from raking in profits at your expense.

In the full article, Barton says that free market economics is a biblical principle. Funny, because I thought the money changers in the temple was pretty "free market." I guess that Jesus didn't understand the Bible either.

Maybe that's because they were in the Temple, and not elsewhere. Did you ever see Jesus chase them anywhere else. No, it's you that doesn't understand something.

As always, the right wing resorts to personal attacks.

I take it then, that you have nothing of value to add. If not, then STFU!

Fighting against the Net Neutrality is support of the Revelation's Beast who will try to abolish any freedom of any person.This Priest should better study the Revelation Book ( KJV).

Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Back
Top Bottom