• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 12th Chinese 5 Year plan approved

Hicup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The China communist government just approved their new 12'th Five-Year Plan (below).

From what I have read, their government intends to give RMB 14 trillion ($2.1 trillion, at the offical, bogus exchange rate) to public and private sector industries to facilitate this plan.

Meanwhile, our government burns this amount every year doing no-one knows what with it and accumulating to the debt.

I worry the Chinese will succeed at there plan again and pull further ahead of us in critical technology and manufacturing areas (their last 5 yr plan largely met their goals).

Sorry for the long post below, I thought its breadth was interesting. I like their innovation goals

Economic targets

-- GDP to grow by 7 percent annually on average;

-- More than 45 million jobs to be created in urban areas;

-- Urban registered unemployment to be kept no higher than 5 percent;

-- Prices to be kept generally stable.

Economic restructuring

-- Rise in domestic consumption;

-- Breakthrough in emerging strategic industries;

-- Service sector value-added output to account for 47 percent of GDP, up 4 percentage points;

-- Urbanization rate to reach 51.5 percent, up 4 percentage points

The entire plan at this Link

Thoughts?

Tim-

5 year plans rarely turn out quite as well in reality as they do on paper, but the overall direction is solid. The 7 strategic industries getting massive investment are excellent picks. Focusing on social stability over pure growth is an excellent move. I hope this signals that China government will have an equally pragmatic outlook on reforming political issues as well as economic/social ones.

I have a plan to make the US debt drop by 30% in 5 years and improve our highway system and bring unemployment to minus 4%! (4% of the population having stolen identities which they use to work a second job)

Wait, details?

Back
Top Bottom