• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Planned Parenthood and the Sentor from James town makes a good point

RyrineaHaruno

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

I'm not sure if this is in the right place if not Mods you can move this peace :peace

A) It's on tape
B) They fired the worker
C) MY Tax Dollars SHOULDN'T go to an organiztion whose PRIMARY purpose is Abortion.

A) It's on tape
B) They fired the worker
C) MY Tax Dollars SHOULDN'T go to an organiztion whose PRIMARY purpose is Abortion.

The tape was heavily edited. I guess you have no problem with Planned Parenthood then since only 3% of their services involve abortion.

Everybody that supports planned parenthood, should break out their checkbooks and make a donation. Shouldn't that big-a-deal. Right? It's outrageous that planned parenthood has gotten government money at all, much less as long as they have.

Everybody that supports planned parenthood, should break out their checkbooks and make a donation. Shouldn't that big-a-deal. Right? It's outrageous that planned parenthood has gotten government money at all, much less as long as they have.

Funding PP is a financial bargain. Every $1 spent on family planning saves $4 of government spending. They should double the funding for PP. Or triple.

Funding PP is a financial bargain. Every $1 spent on family planning saves $4 of government spending. They should double the funding for PP. Or triple.

Where do you get that idea?

Where do you get that idea?

It's all over the web. Doesn't it make sense to you? Taxpayers can either pay for birth control or they can pay for babies. Which is more expensive?

How Has U.S. Family-Planning Aid for the Developing World Fared under Obama?: Scientific American

Groups providing family planning services domestically would also like to see the Obama administration step up funding for their programs, not only to improve the quality of life for American families but to save money and reduce abortions as well: A 2009 report by the nonprofit Guttmacher Institute concluded that publicly funded family planning services at both hospitals and non-profit clinics saves taxpayers $4 for every $1 spent by preventing nearly two million pregnancies and 810,000 abortions per year.

It's all over the web. Doesn't it make sense to you? Taxpayers can either pay for birth control or they can pay for babies. Which is more expensive?

How Has U.S. Family-Planning Aid for the Developing World Fared under Obama?: Scientific American

Groups providing family planning services domestically would also like to see the Obama administration step up funding for their programs, not only to improve the quality of life for American families but to save money and reduce abortions as well: A 2009 report by the nonprofit Guttmacher Institute concluded that publicly funded family planning services at both hospitals and non-profit clinics saves taxpayers $4 for every $1 spent by preventing nearly two million pregnancies and 810,000 abortions per year.

I say that we pay for neither. Those women made a choice; they're the ones that should pay for it. If they can't afford it, then they should make more responsible decisions in the future.

I say that we pay for neither. Those women made a choice; they're the ones that should pay for it. If they can't afford it, then they should make more responsible decisions in the future.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. We're not going to let children starve or suffer lack of clothing or shelter. Surely you can't even be suggesting that. We can pay for comprehensive sex ed in schools and try to make birth control accessible or we can pay for babies.

You know there's no point admonishing women concerning what they SHOULD HAVE done. Once a woman is pregnant, it's too late for that. We have to deal with what IS right now. Neither is it very effective to admonish women about what they SHOULD DO in the future. All we can do is educate them and hope for the best, if the result is less than the best, then we still have to deal with what IS right now.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. We're not going to let children starve or suffer lack of clothing or shelter. Surely you can't even be suggesting that. We can pay for comprehensive sex ed in schools and try to make birth control accessible or we can pay for babies.

You know there's no point admonishing women concerning what they SHOULD HAVE done. Once a woman is pregnant, it's too late for that. We have to deal with what IS right now. Neither is it very effective to admonish women about what they SHOULD DO in the future. All we can do is educate them and hope for the best, if the result is less than the best, then we still have to deal with what IS right now.

Or, we can slap these welfare queens in the face with a big dose of reality and shock them into the real world, with the rest of us.

As with planned parenthood, the difference can be made up through private donations. I'm sure all the bleeding hearts that demand more taxes will be the first ones to cut a check to these orgs.

Instead of raising billions to get more Libbos elected, ya'll can raise billions to pay for the welfare class. You'll have lower taxes, so you'll be able to afford it, easier.

Last edited:

This folks is a typical overblown anti-abortionist lie. If 3% makes something the "primary purpose" of an organization then what the hell does the other 97% have to do with? Sitting with thier thumbs up their butt holes?

Or, we can slap these welfare queens in the face with a big dose of reality and shock them into the real world, with the rest of us.

Or you can stop over exaggerating everything about the situation.

As with planned parenthood, the difference can be made up through private donations. I'm sure all the bleeding hearts that demand more taxes will be the first ones to cut a check to these orgs.

So you think that the State doesn't have an interest in preventing unplanned pregnancies?

Instead of raising billions to get more Libbos elected, ya'll can raise billions to pay for the welfare class. You'll have lower taxes, so you'll be able to afford it, easier.

:roll:

Or you can stop over exaggerating everything about the situation.

Obviously, from the opposing posters on this thread, I'm not exxagerating anything.

So you think that the State doesn't have an interest in preventing unplanned pregnancies?

Politicians have an interest in buying welfare class votes.

Don't roll your eyes, unless you don't want to donate your hard earned money to these causes and think that only the rich folks should cough up the cash to pay for them.

Yeah, having a service that educates our kids about pregnancy is so terrible. Why don't you guys go back to the dark ages and let the rest of us live peacefully.

I can't even believe there is a party that hates a service that teaches about safe sex and pregnancy, and unions that help keep employment safe and wages higher. These people advertise this and others still join. It's incredible.

Last edited:
Obviously, from the opposing posters on this thread, I'm not exxagerating anything.

IMO you are.

Politicians have an interest in buying welfare class votes.

They also have an interest in keeping costs down. Which costs more? Education that can prevent unplanned pregnancies or a kid with all its associated bills?

Don't roll your eyes, unless you don't want to donate your hard earned money to these causes and think that only the rich folks should cough up the cash to pay for them.

If I could afford it you can be damn well sure that I would donate to planned parenthood. Along with many other charitable organizations. But I can't afford it. So that sort of leaves me out of the loop doesn't it? As for the rich folks arguement...get over it. There are lots of things that you pay for that you would probably be against. But thats the way it goes with taxes. I don't support the war (use to..not anymore) yet my taxes goes towards it...hear me whining about it? Nope.

Yeah, having a service that educates our kids about pregnancy is so terrible. Why don't you guys go back to the dark ages and let the rest of us live peacefully.

I can't even believe there is a party that hates a service that teaches about safe sex and pregnancy, and unions that help keep employment safe and wages higher. These people advertise this and others still join. It's incredible.

I gave your post a like just for the simple fact that I did like it. Don't agree with you on the union thing but the rest I liked.

Yeah, having a service that educates our kids about pregnancy is so terrible.

I never said we shouldn't have that.

Why don't you guys go back to the dark ages and let the rest of us live peacefully.

The Libbos are going to make us all peasants, anyway, so the dark ages aren't as far away as you think.

That's just your hatred fogging up your view of the real world.

If I could afford it you can be damn well sure that I would donate to planned parenthood. Along with many other charitable organizations. But I can't afford it. So that sort of leaves me out of the loop doesn't it? As for the rich folks arguement...get over it. There are lots of things that you pay for that you would probably be against. But thats the way it goes with taxes. I don't support the war (use to..not anymore) yet my taxes goes towards it...hear me whining about it? Nope.

I can't afford to pay more taxes, so I'm sure you can understand.

I can't afford to pay more taxes, so I'm sure you can understand.

I am only liking this because you shouldn't have to. You, as a hard working American with a reasonable salary, should not have to pay more. Raise taxes on the grossly wealthy and many problems can be solved (not all of them and not entirely - budget cuts can and should still happen).

I am only liking this because you shouldn't have to. You, as a hard working American with a reasonable salary, should not have to pay more. Raise taxes on the grossly wealthy and many problems can be solved (not all of them and not entirely - budget cuts can and should still happen).

I'm a business operator. Tax hikes hit me, just like they hit the super rich.

The Dems were so obsessed with screwing the, "rich", that they let the Making Work Pay tax break expire. Nice job at helping the working folks, again.

Some posts are ridiculous. 97% of Planned Parenthood services are education, birth control, diagnosis and treatment of STD's, medical examinations and medical referrals. Only 3% of their services include abortion, and (as mentioned in the OP's link) no federal money is used by PP for abortion services because the damned Hyde Amendment makes it illegal to do so.

I get so sick of the lies being told every time the word "abortion" pops up in a thread. Grates on my last nerve.

I'm a business operator. Tax hikes hit me, just like they hit the super rich.

The Dems were so obsessed with screwing the, "rich", that they let the Making Work Pay tax break expire. Nice job at helping the working folks, again.

I, personally, am talking about those that make millions per year and more. Billions are even better. I can't speak for all liberals, but that's just my opinion. Small business operators are crutial to society and don't make nearly enough to face high taxes (it really affects the employees even more than the owners).

So you are okay with us pulling funding from the military and asking those who support it to donate to it themselves? Shouldn't that big-a-deal. Right?

We can teach comprehensive sex-ed in schools and defund planned parenthood. Planned Parenthood just doesn't need government funds, they have plenty of assets allready.

I, personally, am talking about those that make millions per year and more. Billions are even better. I can't speak for all liberals, but that's just my opinion. Small business operators are crutial to society and don't make nearly enough to face high taxes (it really affects the employees even more than the owners).

Though it really doesn't bother me that the likes of Gates and Oprah would have to live with one less mil a year, but I really don't understand the "they should pay more simply because they can". They don't deserve the money they earned?

Back
Top Bottom