• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Boy rescued from pitbull dog attack

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A seven year old boy has been rescued from an attack by a pitbull dog after his screams were heard by a man walking by.

Lawal Alhadi broke down the door to the flat, where Jack Wellstead was being attacked, and fought off the animal after it had bitten the child more than 100 times.

Mr Alhadi said going to help was an instinctive decision.BBC Source & Video

Kudos to Alhadi for actually doing something when the first child cam running into the street looking for help, kudos for breaking down the front door when he saw the child being attacked by a pit-bull in the front room and then taking on the dog.

What troubles me is that there's no mention of any adults anywhere in his account - just the victim Jack and his sister who locked herself upstairs in the bathroom to protect herself from the dog.

Well bravo for him - I'm glad he was there and capable of helping!

West Ham boy, 7, savaged in pitbull dog attack - News - Newham Recorder

Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene at around 2.30pm on Saturday, January 15.
Jack was taken to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, where his skull was glued back in place and he underwent a series of skin grafts.
Doctors say he is likely to suffer permanent scarring, but should otherwise recover from his injuries.
He is already attending the hospital school and is expected to be discharged later this week, but may have to use a wheelchair for a time.

The dog has been destroyed.

Jack’s devastated mum, meals on wheels worker Victoria Devlin, 43, was too upset to speak about her son’s injuries.
Her partner, 40-year-old youth worker Daniel James, lives with Ms Devlin and Jack opposite the block where the attack took place.
So - what happens to ****ty parents who leave their young children home alone with a pitbull so it can attack, maul and eat them while she's - what - working or something?
What a ****ty human being. I'm disgusted by her.

Ok- that article was misleading. . .According to this article he was actually at a friends house

Mr Alhadi said today: "The place was a blood-bath - it was horrific." The pit bull attacked as Jack played with friends at a flat in West Ham.

Now - aren't pitbulls illegal to even own over there? Or are they just under jurisdiction of a muzzle-law?
But still - where were the owners of the dog? Why weren't they around at all?

Last edited:
A dog attacking a child? Well this is brand new.

Pitbulls are illegal. Dog ought to be shot and any pitbull and other breeds under the DD Act ought to be automatically put down and the owner with a criminal record and/or fine.

-- So - what happens to ****ty parents who leave their young children home alone with a pitbull so it can attack, maul and eat them while she's - what - working or something?
What a ****ty human being. I'm disgusted by her.

Ok- that article was misleading. . .According to this article he was actually at a friends house

Even with your correction - I agree your sentiment. If my kids were going to play at a neighbours or stay at mine with nothing but a pit bull - no adult supervision whatsoever, I would expect my parenting skills to be questioned. If my 2 older boys are off to play at a friend's house I make sure I know who is there, who will be supervising etc. If they're planning to visit someone who has what I would consider a dangerous dog (especially if there's no evidence of any kind of obedience training) - I say no, their friends can come visit instead.

--Now - aren't pitbulls illegal to even own over there? Or are they just under jurisdiction of a muzzle-law?
But still - where were the owners of the dog? Why weren't they around at all?

Pitbulls are supposed to be illegal but there's a large illegal network of supply. They're still the dog of choice in some gangs (I'm tough because my dog's a pitbull kind of thing) and sometimes people try to pretend their dog is a pitbull cross. Either way - the police haven't really cracked down as hard as they should. You still often see people openly walking such animals in parks or up and down the high street.

Back
Top Bottom