• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you wear a uniform now? Did you wear one in school?

Did you wear a uniform in school? Do you wear one now?

• Total voters

d0gbreath

Yellow Dog Democrat
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
Obviously there are four options:

1 I wore a uniform in school and I wear one now.
2 I wore a uniform in school and I don't wear one now.
3 I didn't wear a uniform in school but I wear one now
4 I didn't wear a uniform in school and I don't wear one now.

Pick your honest option.
Thank you,
Mick

Last edited:
I wore a uniform, but now I have to dress for business

It took the Army for me to see the value in a uniform. I think removing the competition and to a certain extent, self expression of clothing and making a statement would be a good thing. Let kids focus on school, though, school girl uniforms? I wouldn't have lasted long...

May not be safe for work
NSFW altert:

http://lotgk.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/catholic_uniform.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't wear school uniforms as a kid, and I don't wear a uniform now. My job's dress code is business casual unless we're meeting with clients, then it's suit and tie.

My wife went to catholic school until she was in 9th grade. She still has some of her old uniforms. They're just a little too small in all the right places too. :mrgreen:

No uniforms in school, except for gym uniforms. Now I wear the same scrubs everyone else wears on my unit.

No uniforms in school. Had to wear a uniform in every job I've ever had, though. I mostly wear casual clothes now that I'm hopelessly unemployable.

Obviously there are four options:

1 I wore a uniform in school and I wear one now.
2 I wore a uniform in school and I don't wear one now.
3 I didn't wear a uniform in school but I wear one now
4 I didn't wear a uniform in school and I don't wear one now.

Pick your honest option.
Thank you,
Mick

EVERYONE wears a uniform. Everyone wore one in school and everyone wears one now.

EVERYONE wears a uniform. Everyone wore one in school and everyone wears one now.

You must use the term 'uniform' loosely. The ones I'm referring to match completely.

I never wore a uniform in school (only subjected to very loose dress codes). I technically wear a uniform to my paying job, the Navy reserve (I am a SAHM the rest of the time, but I don't really subject myself to clothing restrictions beyond having some on). The only other job I had was in a nursing home, at 16, and I had to wear white pants, plain T-shirt, and a bluish-green smock over the shirt.

Back
Top Bottom