• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Juarez counts 3,000th homicide of 2010

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
(CNN) -- Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, made its own history Tuesday as its homicide rate reached 3,000 deaths for the year -- 10 times the number of killings annually that the border city counted just a few years ago.

Damn, Juarez is even worse than Detroit now. :mrgreen:

Article is here.

Glad to see those strict Mexican gun bans are working so well

Glad to see those strict Mexican gun bans are working so well

but...but...but...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :2bigcry:

they just aren't strict enough.

Juarez is a hellhole. I was at in '03 for officer basic course and you were taking a big risk visiting. We did our demob at Bliss this June and Juarez is now off limits for all military personell.

today: Mexican drug war deaths surpass 30,100 - CNN.com

aside suing the people of arizona for doing their job for them what do the president and his savvy state secty have in the way of POLICY for dealing with this pernicious eventuality

the cruel cartels have bloody fingers in phoenix, tucson, houston, atlanta, los angeles...

yet foggy bottom---not even a talking point

their hearts just aren't in it, very sad

Last edited:
There will come a time that making jokes or ignoring the problems in Mexico are going come to haunt Obama for his inaction.

Already there are problems here because of the drug wars from San Diego to Brownsville, but they are under reported or ignored by the Obamedia, and it was going on under President Bush as well.

When the Cartels finally take total control we will be either forced to take action or as Obama is going to do what he does best, and lie about how it's no big deal, go back to sleep.

Well ah, maybe if your affluent and drug addicted society would stop buying all the heroin perhaps things would change :2wave:

There is something to be said for that.

There is something to be said for that.

Hey man, if there was no market for drugs, they wouldn't be here would they, people seem to always think this is a battle between good and evil or some crap lol.

Hey man, if there was no market for drugs, they wouldn't be here would they, people seem to always think this is a battle between good and evil or some crap lol.

chill dude, I agree with you. I have been against the war on drugs for decades. I understand market driven reality. I also cannot find the part of the constitution that allows the war on drugs. The Commerce clause doesn't cut it with me.

Enforce our drug laws and secure the border. I don't know any other nation that debates securing it's border with a violent drug infested nation who exports illegal substances across our border. Destroy the market by enforcing drug laws, secure the border, and let Mexico deal with Mexico's problems.

Well ah, maybe if your affluent and drug addicted society would stop buying all the heroin perhaps things would change

not much of a campaign slogan, that

not much of a policy either

Enforce our drug laws and secure the border. I don't know any other nation that debates securing it's border with a violent drug infested nation who exports illegal substances across our border. Destroy the market by enforcing drug laws, secure the border, and let Mexico deal with Mexico's problems.

That has proven inneffective, and creates more crime then it discourages. Putting a pothead in jail will only ruin his life, and turn him into a criminal. There's a reason prison is called "University for Criminals".

Securing the border that is 2000 miles long. I'd like to see any country do that, without at least spending themselves into oblivion, and since you're already doing that, I wouldn't advise it. The great wall of China ended up doing no service to the Chinese in the end :2razz:

TurtleDude;1059166308[B said:
]chill dude[/B], I agree with you. I have been against the war on drugs for decades. I understand market driven reality. I also cannot find the part of the constitution that allows the war on drugs. The Commerce clause doesn't cut it with me.

I wasn't attacking you dogg lol.

Billions on a fence, police state, expansion of prisons, etc. You want this? When are drug law not 'enforced'? Theyre laws. The point of the thread that we are part of mexico's problem.

So we need to enforce the drug laws that enabled the creation of the violent drug infestation in the first place? We have been enforcing drug laws for 40 years and ratcheting down on them and making them tougher all the while.

Last edited:
Billions on a fence, police state, expansion of prisons, etc. You want this? When are drug law not 'enforced'? Theyre laws. The point of the thread that we are part of mexico's problem.

I would be in favor of taking the troops from Iraq and sending them to the border with Mexico. The cost is justified. We are part of Mexico's problem because we allow for the problem (drugs) to benefit in our country.

So we need to enforce the drug laws that enabled the creation of the violent drug infestation in the first place?

Yep. Enforce the laws and take a tough stance. It's crazy thinking that I know so many people who have used illegal drugs that are not in jail. We take it too lightly legally and culturally.

There will come a time that making jokes or ignoring the problems in Mexico are going come to haunt Obama for his inaction.

Already there are problems here because of the drug wars from San Diego to Brownsville, but they are under reported or ignored by the Obamedia, and it was going on under President Bush as well.

When the Cartels finally take total control we will be either forced to take action or as Obama is going to do what he does best, and lie about how it's no big deal, go back to sleep.

Janet Napolitano is the one responsible for the mess. She said that the Arizona border has been more secure now than ever. Remember her statement??

I would be in favor of taking the troops from Iraq and sending them to the border with Mexico. The cost is justified. We are part of Mexico's problem because we allow for the problem (drugs) to benefit in our country.

Yep. Enforce the laws and take a tough stance. It's crazy thinking that I know so many people who have used illegal drugs that are not in jail. We take it too lightly legally and culturally.

yes, we should have 40% of our population with criminal records. The solution to a policy failure is not to double down on it (yet again). We have took tougher and tougher stances all the while, guess what.. usage rates have not changed, availability has not changed, potency and price has changed though - they are stronger and cheaper :p

prohibition of anything does not work so long as there is demand, hell we cant even keep drugs out of our prisons

Last edited:
yes, we should have 40% of our population with criminal records. The solution to a policy failure is not to double down on it (yet again). We have took tougher and tougher stances all the while, guess what.. usage rates have not changed, availability has not changed, potency and price has changed though - they are stronger and cheaper :p

All we have to do is force heavy fines and no jail time on drug abusers. Have them pay for the war on drugs. I would be for mandatory urine tests and blood tests on violators. What should we do? Legalizing and pretend that the problem will go away?

All we have to do is force heavy fines and no jail time on drug abusers. Have them pay for the war on drugs. I would be for mandatory urine tests and blood tests on violators. What should we do? Legalizing and pretend that the problem will go away?

It will never go away, but adding a behemoth of a criminal problem on top of our drug problem complicates and distracts from what is already a daunting enough task. We focus so much on dealing with our manufactured criminal problem that we fail to address the underlying drug problem, and only exacerbate a poor situation

You think all those drugs stop at the Canadian border?

General Health & Addictions Statistics

I've seen first hand the drug problem in Canada Harshaw, in some places its bad, really bad. But lets look at the facts here.

Viable Market in Canada for Drugs 35 million people.

Viable Market in United States for drugs 400 million people.

Whoops, big difference ;) and we have the added advantage of not being directly on the border.

The Trifecta of illegal immigration, supported by criminals, human trafficking and drug trafficking of course is gonna create crap.

It will never go away, but adding a behemoth of a criminal problem on top of our drug problem complicates and distracts from what is already a daunting enough task. We focus so much on dealing with our manufactured criminal problem that we fail to address the underlying drug problem, and only exacerbate a poor situation

Like I said. Remove jail time for most drug offenses and impose heavy fines. It pays for the war on drugs and doesn't clog up jails. It isn't manufactured. We don't make the drug problem. Legalizing all drugs will solve nothing and only contribute harm. I think it would be a strong deterrent if drug offenders had to pay thousands of dollars in fines and if they were actually sought out for and caught.

Back
Top Bottom