• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Violating MOVE Act

mpg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
EXCLUSIVE: New York Violating MOVE Act - FoxNews.com

More than one week after its extended deadline, New York still hasn’t mailed out absentee ballots to all its 320,000 military servicemen and women and overseas voters, in clear violation of the MOVE Act, FoxNews.com has learned.

According to the 2009 MOVE Act, a state must send out its military and overseas ballots 45 days prior to elections.

Well where ACORN leaves off!

It is pretty clear that far more of our military lean Conservative than liberal.

Anyone find a legitimate reason for them not wanting to comply with the MOVE act? Obama says Republicans want to keep blacks from voting just like some accuse New York of not wanting military members oversees from voting. Do they both belong in the conspiracy forum?

Anyone find a legitimate reason for them not wanting to comply with the MOVE act? Obama says Republicans want to keep blacks from voting just like some accuse New York of not wanting military members oversees from voting. Do they both belong in the conspiracy forum?

Anyone find evidence that this was intentional?

Oh I don't know, has any demo's found evidence of Obama's claim of foreign money being used by republicans in this election yet?

j-mac

Why are you defending something that is almost criminal, at most; stupidly negligent, at least?

Why are you defending something that is almost criminal, at most; stupidly negligent, at least?

He has not defended it in any way, shape or form. He simply asked if there was evidence it was intentional, which is an entirely different thing. Straw men arguments always fail.

That’s the type of thinking fox news banks on.
I used to think so as well.

Now I think that it's probably more or less even - much like the country - with perhaps slightly more conservatives.

On the other hand, has anyone ever done a study/poll or whatnot on that?

I've not heard of it, if so...

The only way for people to disagree about this is to make conspiracy theories out of it.

Was it intentional? Probably not, but if it was its criminal and wrong.
Was it negligent and reflexs a poorly run voter system in New York? Probably, and its also criminal and wrong.

There's no room for disagreement unless we bring it issues ENTIRELY unrelated to the issue, like Obama's claims about whatever and what-not, or turn it into a conspiracy theory about massive voter fraud, acorn, whatever else.

No. Because Republicans wanting Democratic voting blocks to stay home is not a conspiracy. It's an undisputable fact of American politics.

No. Because Republicans wanting Democratic voting blocks to stay home is not a conspiracy. It's an undisputable fact of American politics.
And vice versa.

Of course any given politician and/or political party wants their opponent's supporters to stay home and not vote.

Edit: However, if attempts to promote/cause such violate a law, then that is unacceptable.

In this case, I would say either someone screwed up and they literally couldn't send out the forms on time, or it's a half-assed attempt to actually prevent the military members of the voters in question from voting - in which case, I would hope none of the officials were actually aware of such an attempt, or they are most likely to be kicked out of office.

Last edited:
:cuckoo:

Probably like it is an undisputable fact that people who hate the government of a country hate that country, right Hatuey?!?!?

:cuckoo:

Probably like it is an undisputable fact that people who hate the government of a country hate that country, right Hatuey?!?!?

If they make threads about praising that nutty Nobel Prize committee for choosing people they like? Sure. I mean it's not like you have any other reason to approve of this pick other than the fact they chose somebody you approved of. Correct? Now move on Taipei man. You're boring me.

Last edited:
Wanting them to stay home and stopping them from voting are two very different things.

Wanting them to stay home and stopping them from voting are two very different things.

Yes. Obama stated that Republicans want the first.

But Democrats are angelic people that do not wish for the voting block of their opponents to be represented?

Lets see.... If this is truly something done by the Dems to prevent the more conservative military vote then we have proof of Dems illegally silencing opposition and denying their right to vote. I don't see any cases of Republicans not counting the absentee ballots of minorities or illegally preventing Democrat groups from voting.

The civil rights on American service members and American civilians living abroad have been violated and someone needs to go to jail for the crime.

If the black vote were suppressed in this same manner, you ass would be ten feet in the air over it. Ain't that right?

The civil rights on American service members and American civilians living abroad have been violated and someone needs to go to jail for the crime.

If the black vote were suppressed in this same manner, you ass would be ten feet in the air over it. Ain't that right?

You're assuming that this is intentional and that this can't be fixed.

You're applying your teams behavior (evil) to the other team's problems. (incompetent)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom