• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Link

By Alex Spillius in Washington
Published: 10:00PM BST 20 Jun 2010

Washington insiders say he will quit within six to eight months in frustration at their unwillingness to "bang heads together" to get policy pushed through.
Mr Emanuel, 50, enjoys a good working relationship with Mr Obama but they are understood to have reached an understanding that differences over style mean he will serve only half the full four-year term.

"I would bet he will go after the midterms," said a leading Democratic consultant in Washington. "Nobody thinks it's working but they can't get rid of him – that would look awful. He needs the right sort of job to go to but the consensus is he'll go."
An official from the Bill Clinton era said that "no one will be surprised" if Mr Emanuel left after the midterm elections in November, when the Democratic party will battle to save its majorities in the house of representatives and the senate.
It is well known in Washington that arguments have developed between pragmatic Mr Emanuel, a veteran in Congress where he was known for driving through compromises, and the idealistic inner circle who followed Mr Obama to the White House.
His abrasive style has rubbed some people the wrong way, while there has been frustration among Mr Obama's closest advisers that he failed to deliver a smooth ride for the president's legislative programme that his background promised.
"It might not be his fault, but the perception is there," said the consultant, who asked not to be named. "Every vote has been tough, from health care to energy to financial reform.
Well I can't blame him. Obama is intent on banging his head through a wall in spite of the fact that most don't want his policies.

While this may make us conservatives feel better in hopes that Rahm is leaving because he's providing the President bad advice and guidance, I think the truth is Rahm is going to run for office himself, specifically Chicago mayor was his first choice.

While this may make us conservatives feel better in hopes that Rahm is leaving because he's providing the President bad advice and guidance, I think the truth is Rahm is going to run for office himself, specifically Chicago mayor was his first choice.

Nothing like keeping the tradition of pure corruption going.....

j-mac

Nothing like keeping the tradition of pure corruption going.....

j-mac

Well, the primary function of a disease is for that disease to replicate and spread.

I think this is good. I never really liked Rahm's style as it was too confrontational and he had a habit of pushing for compromise on the wrong thins in my opinion (like no single payer or public option in the health care bill)

Last edited:
my opinions are mixed on this prospect
rahm volunteered to assist the IDF in the first gulf war
of course that is a basis for concern to assess where his loyalties actually lie when the views of israel and the USA differ
on the other hand, it may be that he is the sacrificial cow, when there are others much more responsible for the near ineffective history of getting the administration's legislative agenda passed

They could replace him with Paulie Walnutz, and it'd be a less corrupt administration than before.

They could replace him with Paulie Walnutz, and it'd be a less corrupt administration than before.

Yeah, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom