• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Man pleads guilty in plot against Obama

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A Tennessee man has pleaded guilty to plotting to kill then-presidential candidate Barack Obama and dozens of other black people in 2008.

Daniel Cowart, 21, of Bells, Tenn., pleaded guilty Monday to eight counts of a 10-count indictment accusing him of conspiracy, threatening a presidential candidate and various federal firearms charges. Under a plea agreement, he faces 12 to 18 years in prison but U.S. District Judge J. Daniel Breen could give him more.

And I hope this ends it, but it won't. Neonazis, Skinheads, members of Stormfront, and others, would love nothing more than to kill a president for no other reason than because he is black. But there is good to this story. Once upon a time, a black man could be lynched for just wanting to vote. Today, a black man is president, and would be lynchers are now on the run. I would like to say that hatred is dying out, but you and I both know that it isn't. But the good news is that those who would kill a black man for participating in the political system are becoming an endangered species, and I look forward to the day when they go the way of the dodo bird. And, unlike the bird, these scum will not be missed.

Article is here.

Last edited:
It would be nice if some could recognize that people can oppose what they see as the radical views Obama embraces as just that and has nothing what ever to do with race.

But racism is alive and well and false accusations of racism are used as a weapon to try to stop any legitimate opposition.

It would be nice if all the wackos would get the message and learn to deal with differences of opinions and or beliefs in a more civilized intelligent manner.

It seems that when radical racist groups get together there is one semi-educated person who is the leader or instigator and the rest are pretty much mentally challenged one way or another.

You talking about the Teabaggers?:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom