• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

religious? not religious?

same as title, vote please, no one can see who voted what

• religious

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • atheist

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • agnostic

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • other

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

Aurora151989

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
atheist means you think there is no god or higher power

agnostic means you accept the possibility but are not religious

I think most people, to some degree or another, would like to believe that there is something out there watching over them and helping them, and if nothing else, just making sure that the world makes sense.

I don't understand how anyone can believe in a god when there is just so much proof that there isn't one. At least not like the so-called Christians say there is. When disasters strike, everyone gets killed the same, religious or nonreligious. Churches get blown away by storms while they're full of people praying to God. You're just as safe in a bar as a church. Last thing we need is people that can't see how silly they are, trying to run other people's lives.

What if one believes in God, but not religion, considering that religion is man-made?

I don't understand how anyone can believe in a god when there is just so much proof that there isn't one. At least not like the so-called Christians say there is. When disasters strike, everyone gets killed the same, religious or nonreligious. Churches get blown away by storms while they're full of people praying to God. You're just as safe in a bar as a church. Last thing we need is people that can't see how silly they are, trying to run other people's lives.
So you the proof against god is because...disasters happen? really? I know you think we're stupid but...please...you don't need to be smart to refute that.

darkwizard

that's why I put in the option to vote other

I would say religious, but eh, you could vote other if you haven't already

What if one believes in God, but not religion, considering that religion is man-made?

Thats a theist, which is what I consider myself. (Granted im technically a Catholic) Although I view organization religion as an authoritarian structure.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theist]Theism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Last edited:
I am a spiritual person, but definitely not a religious one.

I am a spiritual person, but definitely not a religious one.
Same, I am Catholic but believe in tenets more than a church. In fact the last time I had anything to do with a congregation was during a funeral, I enjoy the services, just....um........not all of god's people. Wonder if that makes sense?

Same, I am Catholic but believe in tenets more than a church. In fact the last time I had anything to do with a congregation was during a funeral, I enjoy the services, just....um........not all of god's people. Wonder if that makes sense?

It does to me. I was raised without religion - I was never baptized, never attended services outside of weddings and funerals.

I don't believe in God per se, but I don't discount there may be something bigger out there. I believe people have souls - I just can't believe we're all walking masses of gelatinous substance, trudging through life and that there's nothing more to make up the people that we are - with emotions, drives, desires, passions, etc....

I am not prepared however, to say there is one invisible 'being' that is sitting in judgement of my every thought and action and that that 'being' will sentence my soul to either utopia or damnation upon the death of my outer shell.

It does to me. I was raised without religion - I was never baptized, never attended services outside of weddings and funerals.

I don't believe in God per se, but I don't discount there may be something bigger out there. I believe people have souls - I just can't believe we're all walking masses of gelatinous substance, trudging through life and that there's nothing more to make up the people that we are - with emotions, drives, desires, passions, etc....

I am not prepared however, to say there is one invisible 'being' that is sitting in judgement of my every thought and action and that that 'being' will sentence my soul to either utopia or damnation upon the death of my outer shell.
It's hard not to believe in something higher after growing up in Louisiana, this is a very spiritually charged area and I've seen alot of unexplainable things. I don't know for sure what it all means, so I choose to go with the religion of my upbringing.

I'm an atheist, but I don't actively believe 'there are no gods/goddesses'. I just lack belief in any gods/goddesses.

Reincarnation and the Law of Karma is the way to go. The outer shell dies and you get a new one for your soul. Your soul keeps track of your Karma. God is not some dude sitting on a throne, s/he is everywhere and everything. You soul comes from God.

You are missing something in the poll. religion is a man made thing. Religion is basically a choice of what church you go to or beliefs you follow. I would say I am a Christian. I would say that I believe in God. I would say I have faith, but don't belong to a particular religion.

can't seem to add another option to this poll, so made a new one with the option to vote theist if one wants

Back
Top Bottom