• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What is your annual income?

What is your annual income?

• Over $5000 up to $10,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $25,000 up to $30,000

• Over $30,000 up to $35,000

• Total voters

ronpaulvoter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
There are two other polls that relate to this, but they give ridiculous figures.

Welcome to economic reality. What is your annual income (your individual income, not your family income), before taxes, but after your business expenses are deducted?

Vote in this poll. Then you may post your sources of income--employment, self-employment, retirement, capital gains, social security, alimony, rent, royalties, etc.

Last edited:
The way the poll is set up, most will fall over 50k and what will that mean?

The way the poll is set up, most will fall over 50k and what will that mean?

You must live in a rich state. Only a small percentage makes over $50,000 in my state or area. If you make that kind of moolah, you might even be able to afford Obama's crazy tax and spend ideas.

Last edited:
You must live in a rich state. Only a small percentage makes over $50,000 in my state or area. If you make that kind of moolah, you might even be able to afford Obama's crazy tax and spend ideas.

Doesn't Obama want to tax the rich? Better them than me.

i live in fl.....where do you live?

ps....i don't consider over 50k much.

I'm a dirt poor unemployed university student getting by on scholarships and a janitorial job at a church (all I do is vacuum it twice a week). Thanks Obama for screwing students and the job market :) If anything the government should put some regulation on rising tuition prices...

how exactly did obama screw students?

:lol: you can't live in my county for less than almost double your top choice.

You needed an "over $500,000" option. :thumbs:

how exactly did obama screw students?

There wasn't any bail out for students nor any new programs for rising tuition prices. He talks about how important an education is, but doesn't offer anything to help make higher education more affordable or regulate university tuition costs. I do get a pell grant from the government and money from my state that I am very grateful for, but I don't see anything new being implemented. I just think it's criminal that universities can charge so much for an education and making it more exclusively for children with rich parents. I just wish that congress would do an overhaul on higher education, our country needs that.

There wasn't any bail out for students nor any new programs for rising tuition prices. He talks about how important an education is, but doesn't offer anything to help make higher education more affordable or regulate university tuition costs. I do get a pell grant from the government and money from my state that I am very grateful for, but I don't see anything new being implemented. I just think it's criminal that universities can charge so much for an education and making it more exclusively for children with rich parents. I just wish that congress would do an overhaul on higher education, our country needs that.
i agree with you, but really, as the people on the right say, get a job!

Did you really need to make four separate "under $20K" categories and everyone who makes over $50K gets lumped together? :confused:

Did you really need to make four separate "under $20K" categories and everyone who makes over $50K gets lumped together? :confused:
i like it that way. makes me feel special.

i agree with you, but really, as the people on the right say, get a job!

I have been trying for about a year, where I am at no one is wanting to hire a part time worker with a full time students schedule. Most places have been cutting back on hours and employees. I support working, but finding a job in this economy and with a student schedule is hard/impossible :( I am thankful for the little income I have through my cleaning job.

I have been trying for about a year, where I am at no one is wanting to hire a part time worker with a full time students schedule. Most places have been cutting back on hours and employees. I support working, but finding a job in this economy and with a student schedule is hard/impossible :( I am thankful for the little income I have through my cleaning job.
according to some i was posting with yesterday, jobs are plentiful and you should have no trouble. of course, we know that's not true.

work at night, that's what my son does, full time.

according to some i was posting with yesterday, jobs are plentiful and you should have no trouble. of course, we know that's not true.

I could try that, maybe a few nights a week. However with 17 credit hours I have tons of homework :lol: I've been trying to get on as a part time pharmacy tech somewhere, none of the roughly 10 places I applied to are hiring :( I don't see how anyone could have a positive outlook with jobs in this current situation. For now my financial needs are met, I just don't have much money. There are many students far more worse of than me and I think the government should at least do something to help them. However, I do think there needs to be an overhaul on higher education, the US needs more degreed people and the costs are rising very quickly, soon it will be a privilege reserved for only the children of rich parents (as it largely is now for some).

Nashville, TN

Nashville Region job search and jobs posting. Find a high quality employee. Find the perfect job.

Nashville Jobs - Find jobs in Nashvlle on Help Wanted Nashville. - Home Page

Nashville Help Wanted Ads | TN Tennessee Jobs | HelpWanted.com

I bet the local paper has a few job listings as well.... Hell you can make over 50k these days at mcdonalds... ;)

I've been looking at Monster and Dice all day. It takes more hours than I have in a day to scan and apply for all the jobs listed that I'm qualified for.(which is probably only 1% of the jobs listed - though I'm spending the rest of my time studying up on the skills I'm lacking for some of the other positions listed) This is the second day in a row and I haven't gotten to the ones listed in the last 2 days. I can't keep up! LOL

And don't even consider jobs that pay less than 60k. Depending on the location, I may not consider them if they pay less than 100k. :lol:

There are certainly a lot of jobs out there.

I could try that, maybe a few nights a week. However with 17 credit hours I have tons of homework :lol: I've been trying to get on as a part time pharmacy tech somewhere, none of the roughly 10 places I applied to are hiring :( I don't see how anyone could have a positive outlook with jobs in this current situation. For now my financial needs are met, I just don't have much money. There are many students far more worse of than me and I think the government should at least do something to help them. However, I do think there needs to be an overhaul on higher education, the US needs more degreed people and the costs are rising very quickly, soon it will be a privilege reserved for only the children of rich parents (as it largely is now for some).

You need to be a bartender - make a load of cash!

you sound very much like a liberal ;-)

Back
Top Bottom