• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NY Fed asked AIG to withhold info

washunut

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
It was reported today on Bloomberg news that the NY fed, which at the time was led by Tim Geitner asked AIG to withhold information about who were the counterparties who were getting paid off with the bailout money thought to be given to AIG. We now know that much of it was filtered to the likes of Goldman sachs.

This could be considered secirities fraud. Can Geitner survive yet another scandal?

It was reported today on Bloomberg news that the NY fed, which at the time was led by Tim Geitner asked AIG to withhold information about who were the counterparties who were getting paid off with the bailout money thought to be given to AIG. We now know that much of it was filtered to the likes of Goldman sachs.

This could be considered secirities fraud. Can Geitner survive yet another scandal?

Yes of course he can, he is after all the Obamaman.

If no one cared about the preferential deal Goldman Sachs got to buy back their warrants from the government, no one is going to care about this. Geithner will still be Obama's puppet for the foreseeable future.

I have no problem with (most of) the business Goldman does, but its dealings with the government sure seem fishy.

If no one cared about the preferential deal Goldman Sachs got to buy back their warrants from the government, no one is going to care about this. Geithner will still be Obama's puppet for the foreseeable future.

I have no problem with (most of) the business Goldman does, but its dealings with the government sure seem fishy.

The warrant buyback was probably too compilcated for most people to understand.

If what was reported about holding back disclosure with AIG is true, I would hope most people could comprehend the deceipt.

The warrant buyback was probably too compilcated for most people to understand.

If what was reported about holding back disclosure with AIG is true, I would hope most people could comprehend the deceipt.

The people are powerless to stop them....
Only the true crooks in Congress understand it, & they are likely in on it.....;)

The people are powerless to stop them....
Only the true crooks in Congress understand it, & they are likely in on it.....;)

This was reported on a business news show. Do you really think the news shows and talking heads will even give this information to the public?

Back
Top Bottom