• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin Vs. Barack Obama

1 Easy Target

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Sarah Palin vs. Barack Obama: The approval gap silently shrinks to a few points | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Not that it matters politically because obviously she's a female Republican dunce and he's a male Democrat genius.

But Sarah Palin's poll numbers are strengthening.

And President Obama's are sliding.

Guess what? They're about to meet in the 40s.

Depending, of course, on which recent set of numbers you peruse and how the questions are phrased, 307 days into his allotted 1,461, the 44th president's approval rating among Americans has slid to 49% or 48%, showing no popularity bounce from his many happy trips, foreign and domestic.
Virginia line for Sarah Palin Going Rogue Book buyers

Riding the wave of immense publicity and symbiotic media interest over her new book, "Going Rogue," and the accompanying promotional tour, Palin's favorable ratings are now at 43%, according to ABC. That's up from 40% in July.

One poll even gives her a 47% favorable.

Most recent media attention has focused on the 60% who say she's unqualified to become president. Her unfavorable rating is 52%, down from 53%, which still doesn't ignite a lot of optimism for Palin lovers.

On the other hand, 35 months before the 2008 election, that Illinois senator was such a nobody that no one even thought to ask such a question about him. Things seem to change much more quickly these days.

And so it goes. What will this do to the Liberal media's outlook? :rofl

EDIT: Can you believe this was in the LA Times? Somebody wasn't paying attention over there.

Last edited:
The sad part is that some of the posters on this board would believe it. :rofl

But Sarah Palin isn't a Politician. She's a celebrity going on tours to sell her book.

Let's see Halle Berry's rating VS Barack Obama.

The fact is that once you're out of office, your approval rating is going to skyrocket, because people care less and less and less about you.

Moderator's Warning:
Thread moved to appropriate locale.

But Sarah Palin isn't a Politician. She's a celebrity going on tours to sell her book.

Let's see Halle Berry's rating VS Barack Obama.

The fact is that once you're out of office, your approval rating is going to skyrocket, because people care less and less and less about you.

I am a liberal, and I favor Halle Berry to Obama.

I don't see how that woman is doing better. I am scared of that woman gaining any power to an office. I think she'll be a another bush, if it funny that peopler believe polls actually I for one don't believe any poll. You never now what were and when the poll was taken.

How sad that has boiled down to this. *sigh*

Originally Posted by Redress View Post
I am a liberal, and I favor Halle Berry to Obama.

My point has thus been proven.

Not really. Any straight man and most women, gay or straight, would prefer Halle Berry to Obama. She is just Hot! :)

Oh, yeah, she is a pretty good actress too.

Non political celebrities are always going to poll better than politicians. Most people can't name the Speaker of the House, President of the Senate, any Supreme Court justice or even who their state representatives are.
Shoot, a recent poll showed that a majority of people couldn't name the Vice President (AKA President of the Senate). But ask anything you want about a movie star and they will almost always get the answer right.

Last edited:
Not really. Any straight man and most women, gay or straight, would prefer Halle Berry to Obama. She is just Hot! :)

Oh, yeah, she is a pretty good actress too.

Non political celebrities are always going to poll better than politicians. Most people can't name the Speaker of the House, President of the Senate, any Supreme Court justice or even who their state representatives are.
Shoot, a recent poll showed that a majority of people couldn't name the Vice President (AKA President of the Senate).

My points has been proven because I agree with the other two posters. Politicians aren't going to poll as well as pseudo-politicians

Shoot, a recent poll showed that a majority of people couldn't name the Vice President (AKA President of the Senate). But ask anything you want about a movie star and they will almost always get the answer right.

It's because a vast majority of people are far more interested and tuned into popular culture rather than politics. It's certainly not surprising.

A comparison of how the public approves of one person being president to how the public approves of another person with a new book out?

apples-and-oranges.jpg

Just wait, liberals will be spinning the LA times as a propaganda mashine of the republican party. :mrgreen:

Apparently you haven't read it lately. It was sold in 2007 and took a sharp turn rightward.

Nancy Cleeland: Why I'm Leaving The L.A. Times

It is my opinion that Sarah Palin has the upper hand here. After all, she can probably see Obama's naughty bits from her porch. Only a matter of time until she trips him up. :mrgreen:

Apparently you haven't read it lately. It was sold in 2007 and took a sharp turn rightward.

Nancy Cleeland: Why I'm Leaving The L.A. Times

Hogwash. An article by an extremist disenchanted because the NEWS paper she was writing for wasn't slanting the news far enough left? This is your argument that the LA Times is now slanted right?:rofl

You have to do better than that.

?Rogue? or ?Rouge?? Many are mixing the two up - TODAY: Book news

Got to love the "accidental" look alike covers. "

“It never occurred to us that customers might be hoodwinked by us,” Richard Kim, co-editor of “Going Rouge,” told TODAYshow.com in an earlier interview. “It wasn’t our intention to fool anyone.”

I wonder how many fact checkers will be assigned by the AP to check this book?

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/091104-palin-bboks-hmed-11a.hmedium.jpg

Last edited:
?Rogue? or ?Rouge?? Many are mixing the two up - TODAY: Book news

Got to love the "accidental" look alike covers. "

“It never occurred to us that customers might be hoodwinked by us,” Richard Kim, co-editor of “Going Rouge,” told TODAYshow.com in an earlier interview. “It wasn’t our intention to fool anyone.”

I wonder how many fact checkers will be assigned by the AP to check this book?

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/091104-palin-bboks-hmed-11a.hmedium.jpg

....especially since it contains so few facts....

Back
Top Bottom