• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harsh Hill rhetoric breeds angst in party caucuses

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Harsh Hill rhetoric breeds angst in party caucuses - Yahoo! News

Associated Press Writer Ben Evans, Associated Press Writer – 9 mins ago

WASHINGTON

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says anyone using harsh rhetoric to raise fears about health care reform should apologize and get on with writing policy, but said there's no reason to single out a Florida Democrat who said Republicans want sick Americans to "die quickly."

"If anybody's going to apologize, everybody should apologize," she said when asked Thursday about Rep. Alan Grayson's comments on the House floor earlier this week.

Pelosi's response reflects what Democratic aides have said privately since Grayson's remarks sparked an uproar: that Republicans have routinely said with impunity that Democrats want to "pull the plug on grandma" or create "death panels" to decide who deserves care and who doesn't.

Have I mentioned that sometimes my party pisses me off? You do not apologize to score political points, you do it because you did something you should not have, which Grayson absolutely did. He should apologize because it is the right thing to do. Using republican over the top rhetoric as an excuse for your own is not acceptable.

Don't you hate it when people you want to agree with do things to piss you off? I don't know of anyone principled who hasn't had THAT happen over the last several years. It's a gloomy scene out there. :(

Who exactly wants to agree with the collective group of jackasses we have in Washington? Washington politics has become the favorite sport of the unattractive and unathletic. It's root for your team no matter what. Every call the ref makes is a horrible one if it's against your team and a great one if it's for your team. It's the bastion of the intellectually dishonest and the morally corrupt.

Back
Top Bottom