• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protest on ban of Obama's speech

F107HyperSabr

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Protest on ban of Obama's speech - iReport.com I reead the rules and ireports do not seem to be banned from BN

Protest on ban of Obama's speech
tHIS NEWS STORY SAYS THAT " McHenry High school's [East and West Campus] administration is with-holding the students right to view the upcoming Obama speech.

Some students supposedly had " been standing outside the school on the sidewalk, protesting with signs to passing vehicles and people to get everyone involved,"

I wonder if this was a real honest to God protest against the B.O.O - Ban On Obama or was it that the protesting kids were ticked that they didn't get off time to sleep during the POTUS speech

What do you think ?

It should be from this section, as it is basically a blog site.

Students do not "have a right" to view Obama's speech at school.

I agree with you on this one. The current educational system gives students almost no rights at all.

I believe the ban on Obama's speech were necessary, but I watched the revised speech and thought it presented a good message. Only a few people know the content of the original, so we will never know if the concerns about it were justified.

Its a silly idea to pull kids out to school to tell them to "stay in school".

Just like any program you can DVR it and watch it everyday if you want to.

Incidentially GWB was crucified by the democrats for having the exact same speech.

George Bush: School Speech, 1991

"Democrats, then the majority party in Congress, not only denounced Bush's speech -- they also ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate its production and later summoned top Bush administration officials to Capitol Hill for an extensive hearing on the issue."

Wasted time and money on hearings even.

I hope congress doesnt waste any more time and money on that bs this time.

It should be from this section, as it is basically a blog site.

Students do not "have a right" to view Obama's speech at school.

Is it really a blog site ? I didn't know so I looked in the rules but did not see any refernece to iReports. What is an iReport anyway ? I really do not know ? If this is a blog I can ask a mod to move it?

Is it really a blog site ? I didn't know so I looked in the rules but did not see any refernece to iReports. What is an iReport anyway ? I really do not know ? If this is a blog I can ask a mod to move it?

Moderator's Warning:
Thread moved.

If you've never heard of this site, how could you consider it mainstream media? :rofl

Read the guidelines again. ;)

Moderator's Warning:
Thread moved.

If you've never heard of this site, how could you consider it mainstream media? :rofl

Read the guidelines again. ;)

Is all mainstream media well know? I read Irish Times online isn't that mainstream but how many people heard of it.

Seriously I will check the guidleines but are Ireports excluded ?

The President offering encouragement to school children!

No worse than George Bush trying to read to children. Or trying to read?

Last time he tried to do that, well, you know.

The President offering encouragement to school children!

No worse than George Bush trying to read to children. Or trying to read?

Last time he tried to do that, well, you know.

Another constructive post, do you live in america?

Is all mainstream media well know? I read Irish Times online isn't that mainstream but how many people heard of it.

Seriously I will check the guidleines but are Ireports excluded ?

Ireports belong in either blogs or News 2.0.

I watched Obama's speech on CSPAN and I didn't hear any of the Fox News "indoctrination" claims.

The speech was actually inspirational in my opinion.

I watched Obama's speech on CSPAN and I didn't hear any of the Fox News "indoctrination" claims.

The speech was actually inspirational in my opinion.

you heard the revised speech, duh :doh

Back
Top Bottom