• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Farrah Fawcett succumbs to cancer at 62

StandUpChuck

Tart with a Heart
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
:(:(:(

Farrah Fawcett, the 1970s "It Girl" who was known for her cascading golden hair and bombshell body, died in a Santa Monica hospital today, ABC News has learned. She was 62-years-old.

Reports of former "Charlie's Angels" star Farrah Fawcett's weight plummeting to a mere 86 pounds shocked the nation earlier this month, but her doctor said today the rumors are false.
(Splash News/Getty Images)
More Photos"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," Fawcett's longtime romantic partner Ryan O'Neal said in a statement released by Fawcett's publicist, Paul Bloch. "Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Farrah Fawcett Dies of Cancer at 62 - ABC News

Cancer is so cruel. :(

So sad. I remember her poster, the one that every pubescent boy had tacked up somewhere in his room.

I liked that she tried to take chances and play parts outside her sex symbol zone ie: The Burning Bed, Small Sacrifices.

Damn. This announcement actually made me cry.

Damn good actress.

Damn shame.

Heard about it around lunch today, damn shame. She fought hard but her situation was bad, one day up, two days down, I was afraid that was the worst sign in all of it, the world is a lesser place without her talents.

So sad. I remember her poster, the one that every pubescent boy had tacked up somewhere in his room.

I know you are correct , everyone had a poster of her in the Barracks !!

RIP Jill Munroe

Back
Top Bottom