• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Holder says he approved Clinton-era renditions

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Time to set the record straight on rendition, which consisted of kidnappings, where the subjects were sent to nations which were known to engage in torture. Sure, Bush did them, but he is not the one who began them. It was Bill Clinton. Those who bash Bush about it need to be even handed and recognize who began it.

I have been saying for years that, in most cases where the Constitution, US law, or global laws, were circumvented, Bush only stepped into shoes that Clinton provided him, and this is yet another example of why I am right. Also, considering the fact that most people who were kidnapped and sent to nations which engaged in torture were eventually let go due to their innocence, this was a terrible idea to begin with.

Blame Bush? OK, but blame Clinton too. He is the one who began it.

Article is here.

Last edited:
Lets see adk, will, petee/u DD, etc come out and condem Obama as they did bush! ;)

Awwww Rev, that's so thoughtful that you thought of me. You'll have to wait for me to get back to.

You are so sweet! :3oops: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :roll:

Obama is preserving it as well.

Obama preserves renditions as counter-terrorism tool - Los Angeles Times

Lets see adk, will, petee/u DD, etc come out and condem Obama as they did bush! ;)

Reverend, you obviously just don't understand the new morality. If Bush did it, it is illegal. If Clinton did it, it was understandable. If Dear Leader does it, it is legal, righteous, and correct.

Liberal prattle about principles never has any more substance than to blame Bush for everything while exonerating Dear Leader for everything.

Thus, they will never speak out against Dear Leader's hypocrisies--for fear of exposing their own.

This is a strawmen arguement. People, read what Obama is actually doing before you all jump on this bandwagon about Obama hypocricy. He has hyprocicy in other fields that are true, lets stick with those.

no one was critisizing Bush or Clinton for taking prisoners from countries that allow it, and keeping the prisoners SHORT term

I personally, am upset that Obama seems like that he will keep Guantanamo Bay prisoners in other facilities without trying them for anything. Obama also aproves too much torture.

But I agree with Obama to keep this tactic. If he violates it, by keeping prisoners without trying them with anything, then I would have a problem. But this specific tactic is fine.

From the source above:

"One provision in one of Obama’s orders appears to preserve the CIA's ability to detain and interrogate terrorism suspects as long as they are not held long-term. The little-noticed provision states that the instructions to close the CIA's secret prison sites "do not refer to facilities used only to hold people on a short-term, transitory basis."

Luckily from the other link, Bill doesn't seem to do the wrong thing with this program, which would be torture.

Raw Story Holder says he approved Clinton-era renditions
"Rendition under Presidents Clinton and Obama has not been linked to torture."

Anyway, this article also seems to dispell the myth that Bill Clinton made us more vulnerable for 9/11. He STARTED many counterterrorism programs.

Last edited:
This is a strawmen arguement. People, read what Obama is actually doing before you all jump on this bandwagon about Obama hypocricy. He has hyprocicy in other fields that are true, lets stick with those.

no one was critisizing Bush or Clinton for taking prisoners from countries that allow it, and keeping the prisoners SHORT term

I personally, am upset that Obama seems like that he will keep Guantanamo Bay prisoners in other facilities without trying them for anything. Obama also aproves too much torture.

But I agree with Obama to keep this tactic. If he violates it, by keeping prisoners without trying them with anything, then I would have a problem. But this specific tactic is fine.

From the source above:

"One provision in one of Obama’s orders appears to preserve the CIA's ability to detain and interrogate terrorism suspects as long as they are not held long-term. The little-noticed provision states that the instructions to close the CIA's secret prison sites "do not refer to facilities used only to hold people on a short-term, transitory basis."

Luckily from the other link, Bill doesn't seem to do the wrong thing with this program, which would be torture.

Raw Story Holder says he approved Clinton-era renditions
"Rendition under Presidents Clinton and Obama has not been linked to torture."

Anyway, this article also seems to dispell the myth that Bill Clinton made us more vulnerable for 9/11. He STARTED many counterterrorism programs.

Let me correct what I have bolded. He started many programs that are clearly illegal.

Just goes to show you how hypocritical BO and his neo-marxist drones are.

Let me correct what I have bolded. He started many programs that are clearly illegal.

I don't think that those tactics are illegal, because my quote says that it is only used on countries that agree

Also, you are saying that Obama is hypocrtically supporing what Clinton created and what Bush was critisized for. No one was critisizing Bush for taking suspected terrorists from around the world and storying them for a short period of time.

I am sure that most people who voted for Obama would support that. Therefore, there is not a double standard to blame Bush for torture, because torture was not Clinton's plan. (as a quote that I had said)

Could you show a specific quote from the article about what parts Bill Clinton should be blamed for? I am not sure what part everyone is commenting on, because I couldnt' find anything really bad in the Clinton era plan.

I don't think that those tactics are illegal, because my quote says that it is only used on countries that agree

Also, you are saying that Obama is hypocrtically supporing what Clinton created and what Bush was critisized for. No one was critisizing Bush for taking suspected terrorists from around the world and storying them for a short period of time.

I am sure that most people who voted for Obama would support that. Therefore, there is not a double standard to blame Bush for torture, because torture was not Clinton's plan. (as a quote that I had said)

Could you show a specific quote from the article about what parts Bill Clinton should be blamed for? I am not sure what part everyone is commenting on, because I couldnt' find anything really bad in the Clinton era plan.

I see. So, if we make an agreement with Iran that stoning people to death is OK, then it is all legal?

I see. So, if we make an agreement with Iran that stoning people to death is OK, then it is all legal?

I said that since countries agree to the Clinton tactics for them to be done, then they must be legal.

Last edited:
Reverend, you obviously just don't understand the new morality. If Bush did it, it is illegal. If Clinton did it, it was understandable. If Dear Leader does it, it is legal, righteous, and correct.

Liberal prattle about principles never has any more substance than to blame Bush for everything while exonerating Dear Leader for everything.

Thus, they will never speak out against Dear Leader's hypocrisies--for fear of exposing their own.
Liberals continue to show that character doesn't matter to them.

Time to set the record straight on rendition, which consisted of kidnappings, where the subjects were sent to nations which were known to engage in torture. Sure, Bush did them, but he is not the one who began them. It was Bill Clinton. Those who bash Bush about it need to be even handed and recognize who began it.

I have been saying for years that, in most cases where the Constitution, US law, or global laws, were circumvented, Bush only stepped into shoes that Clinton provided him, and this is yet another example of why I am right. Also, considering the fact that most people who were kidnapped and sent to nations which engaged in torture were eventually let go due to their innocence, this was a terrible idea to begin with.

Blame Bush? OK, but blame Clinton too. He is the one who began it.

Article is here.

Eventually, the truth always prevails over the hyperbole, character slandering, lies, distortions and hyper partisan attacks for purely political gain; thank you for posting this USEFUL post.

Cautioning Holder that any potential investigation into the Bush administration’s torture program could result in Democrats being roped in, “Lamar Alexander of Tennessee and Richard Shelby of Alabama pressed Holder on the CIA’s ‘rendition’ program that moved terrorism suspects from one country to another,”

BUT, this one is priceless with the Democrats calling for hearings to criminalize politics:

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi was briefed in 2002 on the torture tactics the Bush administration wanted to use against terror war prisoners. At the time, she did not object. In April of 2009, she denied knowing the techniques would ever be applied to prisoners.

Much like the FALSE claim about Bush lying about WMDs, the truth is that their leaders thought the exact same thing based on the exact same information.

What is offensive here is watching these cretins feign ignorance in order to advance a political agenda by impugning their political opponents with lies and distortions; that is what angers me more than anything else the Democrats can do.

Thank God we have minority Republicans in these hearings asking pertinent questions and forcing it into the public debate.

Back
Top Bottom