• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dom DeLuise Dies

WillRockwell

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We've just learned that Dom DeLuise -- who starred in such classics as "The Cannonball Run" and "Blazing Saddles" and was the voice of Pizza the Hutt in "Spaceballs" -- died last night in a Los Angeles hospital.

We're told he passed away peacefully in his sleep at around 6 PM.

He was 75.
Dom DeLuise Dies | TMZ.com

738817_full.jpg

We've just learned that Dom DeLuise -- who starred in such classics as "The Cannonball Run" and "Blazing Saddles" and was the voice of Pizza the Hutt in "Spaceballs" -- died last night in a Los Angeles hospital.

We're told he passed away peacefully in his sleep at around 6 PM.

He was 75.
Dom DeLuise Dies | TMZ.com

738817_full.jpg

Thats no good, Dom is freaking hilarious.

Cap Courtesy is going to take this hard. :(

Damn, just damn he was such a funny guy. He will be sorely missed.

Why did he go to bed so early?

I'm gonna have to play Cannonball Run today in tribute.

Bummer, his niece was one of my professors in college.:(

Oh wow, I was a huge fan of his. This really bums me.

That's too bad. He was so funny.

Dom was the reason for many happy faces, as he employed his craft. RIP Dom, have a happy landing.

Sorry to see him go. DeLuise had an uneven career, but that was due mostly to the parts he was cast in. Some of them were great, and some not so great (like Smokey and the Bandit II). That being said, he is going to be missed.

RIP Captain Chaos. :(

Sad day... loved his movies... Cannonball Run FTW

Where the hell is CC?

I will certainly miss Dom DeLuise. He was a great actor who made people laugh, with his humor and sunny personality. He loved life...he loved to cook, and he loved food. A big man has gone down. R.I.P. Dom....:cry::hm

Thats no good, Dom is freaking hilarious.

Cap Courtesy is going to take this hard. :(

RIP Captain Chaos. :(

Where the hell is CC?

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

This is awful. He was great in Cannonball Run, in Blazing Saddles, and in Robin Hood, Men in Tights. His subtle humor was often unappreciated, as he often play second fiddle to bigger stars. His Captain Chaos quote has been my signature since my first day at DP. I was, recently, considering making a switch, just for variety's sake. Not now. Dom will always be my sig.

I just saw this guy a few weeks ago on some cooking show. May he rest in peace with the flying spaghetti monster watching him or being eaten by him. Whatever. RIP Dom.

This is awful. He was great in Cannonball Run, in Blazing Saddles, and in Robin Hood, Men in Tights. His subtle humor was often unappreciated, as he often play second fiddle to bigger stars. His Captain Chaos quote has been my signature since my first day at DP. I was, recently, considering making a switch, just for variety's sake. Not now. Dom will always be my sig.
I always considered him one of if not the best setup men in comedy, he didn't need to be top of the bill, which to me is the mark of a true comedian, he could make a big movie out of a weak premise, and an epic movie out of something with better writing.

Present for you Captain, a CC avatar

Back
Top Bottom