• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For all you people wanting to see trials . . .

Will you accept acquittals in torture (or other) trials?

• Total voters

Harshaw

Filmmaker ● Lawyer ● Patriot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
. . . of attorneys, or whatever other Bush admin officials you can get your hands on . . .

Will you accept acquittals if it be so?

Explain.

. . . of attorneys, or whatever other Bush admin officials you can get your hands on . . .

Will you accept acquittals if it be so?

Explain.

I don't want to see trials, but if there must be trials, simple justice demands there be acquittals.

As there was no crime, there must be no conviction.

I don't want to see trials

Agreed. Did we have trials for the 9/11 failures? No.

What we should have is a commission to figure out what actually happened related to torture, releasing the findings along with guidelines about what not to do in the future and be done with it.

I want prosecution in all cases in which public officials such as the President or Congressmen have done something wrong in which investigation and prosecution is warranted regardless of creed, sex, race, political party, etc. I think the Bush admin has some thing it should answer for, above and beyond torture (though this should be investigated as well). We have to be careful not to allow this process to devolve into a political witchhunt, but responsibility and consequence must be pushed upon all who wield the power and sovereignty of the People.

What we should have is a commission to figure out what actually happened related to torture, releasing the findings along with guidelines about what not to do in the future and be done with it.
I'm perfectly okay with that, and I agree.

If Dear Leader wanted to put this behind him, he could do so with a simple stroke of a pen giving blanket pardon to everyone involved; with the specter of show trials removed, a commission could proceed with much of the political rancor drained out.

That would be a most Presidential thing to do.

If Dear Leader wanted to put this behind him, he could do so with a simple stroke of a pen giving blanket pardon to everyone involved; with the specter of show trials removed, a commission could proceed with much of the political rancor drained out.

I am not sure if he can pardon them without any one being charged with anything, but he could I think instruct justice department to offer immunity...something like that anyway. Really, love that idea of how to handle things though. Getting any politics or worry of prosecution out of the proceedings would make this a much better, less painful process.

Not only that, I'm perfectly willing to vote "not guilty" for anyone accused of "torturing" terrorists, even when the process yielded nothing of value except, of course, terrorist pain and discomfort.

I mean, seriously, if you can't make a terrorist unhappy, why bother feeding him?

He can do it easier than that.

He can order the Justice Department to do something else, like stand in the corner, or investigate George Soros' purchase of politicians this election cycle.

Meh. I would much rather see impeachements across the board in the house and senate for screwing us all.

The Soros administration would never permit that. Prez Doofus started down this path and they will never allow him to back off.

No one's actually taking on the question in the poll . . .

If you think there should be trials, will you accept acquittals?

(And the President can pardon someone without charges.)

Well that was stupid.

I mean to vote yes, I don't know what I was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom