• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel troops admit Gaza abuses

Link
BBC NEWS | Middle East | Israel troops admit Gaza abuses
While I agree that two wrongs do not make a right.
One wonders whether Hamas will ever admit to abuses?
Somehow I very much doubt they will.

Damn anti semite jew hater terrorist lover bla bla bla.. think I got it all covered with the usual slurs against someone who actually dares to be critical of Israel.. oh yea, and your news sources is also anti Israel drivel and can not be trusted because it is the BBC and eats babies for breakfeast and is not Fox News the oracle of the truth.

Hamas will never admit abuses nore will Israel. The Israel government will deny this of course as will the IDF. A token investigation will wipe it under the carpet and that will be that.

Of course the IDF murdered civilians and did war crimes in Gaza. Yes war is dirty and yes crap happens, but considering how the IDF treats Palestinians in the west bank, why would they change their attitude when invading Gaza?

I have no illusions that Hamas will be all nice and fair, nore do I have any illusions that the IDF will ad hear to basic principles of war and their own words of not targeting civilians and so on. Both groups are thugs.

The soldiers' testimonies also reportedly told of an unusually high intervention by military and non-military rabbis, who circulated pamphlets describing the war in religious terminology.

"All the articles had one clear message," one soldier said. "We are the people of Israel, we arrived in the country almost by miracle, now we need to fight to uproot the gentiles who interfere with re-conquering the Holy Land."

"Many soldiers' feelings were that this was a war of religion," he added.

Turn the zealot maker up to 100% Igor!

Back
Top Bottom