• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Giving The Fingerprint: Home Law Raises Concern

DeeJayH

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Sellers Will Be Required To Provide Thumbprint Before Deal Is Approved

Giving The Fingerprint: New Policy Raises Privacy Concerns - cbs2chicago.com

Real estate certainly has its risks and fraud is a growing problem, but now there's a new law that's supposed to protect buyers. As CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports the new law will also place an unusual burden on the seller.

Fingerprinting is something we often associate with crime. So the fact that Cook County home sellers--and homeowners across the state--will soon have to provide a thumb print left some people shocked.

The new law, which is set to go into effect June 1, 2009, will force anyone selling property in Cook County to provide a thumbprint from their right hand.

"No more so than any law abiding citizen walking down the sidewalk should be fingerprinted; just for selling my house, that's ridiculous," said Gerald Cain of Land Acquisitions, Inc.

Ludicrious. Absolutely absurd
tell me are all those criminal politicians fingerprinted upon election or only after they eventually end up arrested

I know. They try very hard to get them in elementary school with a "give the police your child's fingerprint in case they're abducted!!!"

As if. When was the last time you heard a detective on a child abduction case say, "If only I had the kiddos fingerprint I could find 'em."

Don't bother me that much, but mine are already on file.

I think it's bull**** for other people, though.

Well if you'd just stop robbing liquor stores it wouldn't have happened. :mrgreen:

Shame on you!:lol:

They already have mine too, since I used to service ATMs and drive an armored truck...

I know. They try very hard to get them in elementary school with a "give the police your child's fingerprint in case they're abducted!!!"

As if. When was the last time you heard a detective on a child abduction case say, "If only I had the kiddos fingerprint I could find 'em."

No, they need the implanted chips for that. I wonder if they're implanting chips in newborn babies yet? Of course they wouldn't tell US about it...

I agree completely. I'm in a profession which requires fingerprinting in my state. And each year the list of professions requiring fingerprinting for the public safety grows.

:(

I agree completely. I'm in a profession which requires fingerprinting in my state. And each year the list of professions requiring fingerprinting for the public safety grows.

My prints are on file for a professional liscence.

I haven't ever gotten my concealed weapons permit because of the fingerprint issue.

I'm not comfortable at all with giving it to a federal agency.

I haven't ever gotten my concealed weapons permit because of the fingerprint issue.

I'm not comfortable at all with giving it to a federal agency.

I've never understood this - what are you worried about?

I've never understood this - what are you worried about?

I've always had a paranoia thing with biometric information.

If someone figures out how to dupe it and uses my info then I can't change my fingerprints.

The governments history of records keeping is sketchy at best.

I've always had a paranoia thing with biometric information.

If someone figures out how to dupe it and uses my info then I can't change my fingerprints.

The governments history of records keeping is sketchy at best.

Can you change your social security number, birth date, or mother's maiden name?

Can you change your social security number, birth date, or mother's maiden name?

I could change my SSN, but why go through the trouble of allowing it in the first place?

My birth date and my mothers maiden name I could change but it wouldn't be true. Prevention is certainly better than the cure IMO.

It is truly amazing, the excuses they come up with to get peoples' fingerprints.:shock:

It seems ludicrous to to do this considering a finger print is not going to stop fraud.Its like banning or severely restricting firearms of law abiding citizens under the guise that people who already do not obey the law in the first place will somehow be affected. Hopefully someone challenges this in court a judge rules it unconstitutional.

If you are that paranoid you can always burn off your fingerprints. An iron will probably do.

I not only have my fingerprints on file but also all of each finger's prints (not just the tips) and partial palms. That's what I get for working for the gov't. :doh

Wait...what happened to the "if you're not doing anything wrong..." excuse I used to hear? I agree this is ludicrous, but nothing I wouldn't expect out of that commie hell hole known as Chicago. Just a great city, such a treasonous government.

Let's sum up the idiocy:

You can go register and vote without an ID to prove that you're a citizen of the US, or even who you are. So you can vote and disappear back into the masses without a trace.

You now need to give a fingerprint in order to buy a house on a fixed location, that you'll probably spend the rest of your life in.

You can go register and vote without an ID to prove that you're a citizen of the US, or even who you are.
Not in AZ. We fixed that a bit ago. I think other states should follow.

Back
Top Bottom