• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama flashes irritation in press room

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Obama flashes irritation in press room - Jonathan Martin and Carrie Budoff Brown - Politico.com
President Obama made a surprise visit to the White House press corps Thursday night, but got agitated when he was faced with a substantive question.

Asked how he could reconcile a strict ban on lobbyists in his administration with a Deputy Defense Secretary nominee who lobbied for Raytheon, Obama interrupted with a knowing smile on his face.

"Ahh, see," he said, "I came down here to visit. See this is what happens. I can't end up visiting with you guys and shaking hands if I'm going to get grilled every time I come down here."
I guess he expected cheering.

No, you can't just come visit without having substantive questions being asked... Welcome to the presidency Mr. President.

There are a lot of questions people want answered... now... not when you feel like it. Expect the unexpected.

The election illustrated this guy isn't very good on his feet. This is simply further evidence.

Obama flashes irritation in press room - Jonathan Martin and Carrie Budoff Brown - Politico.com

No, you can't just come visit without having substantive questions being asked... Welcome to the presidency Mr. President.

There are a lot of questions people want answered... now... not when you feel like it. Expect the unexpected.

The election illustrated this guy isn't very good on his feet. This is simply further evidence.

Wow....if this is the best you guys can do....its gonna be a long eight years for you.

Wow....if this is the best you guys can do....its gonna be a long eight years for you.
Since I last knew, there are elections every four years. You're assuming a little too much too soon. After all, who would have ever predicted the Democrats would turn on their own decisions to go to war, and then spit on a president and the troops when at war?

Life is unpredictable, and Obama's journey and Dances with Despots has only begun.

As for the thread starter, I relate and will continue to do so in this manner: How would the press have reacted had Bush done this? What would the reaction been? The outcry? How would the ape cartoons looked the next day?

I've been programmed the last 7 years to this, now I'd simply like to see some consistency, and scrutiny on par with the period of 2002 to 2009.

Tell me, how would the press have reacted to Bush asking Cheney about HIS Executive order.

After all, conventional wisdom from the left is Obama is brilliant... Bush a dimwit. So why does The Brilliant One require someone to tell Him about His Executive order concerning nothing less serious than the handling of terrorist detainees?

So, how about a little illustration of that brilliance? I've yet to see him exhibit it... and twice now he's told reporters it isn't the time to answer questions.

Who is Obama's brain?

It will be an interesting four years. With Obama-Biden and the mass Clintonista retreads.

Last edited:
Since I last knew, there are elections every four years. You're assuming a little too much too soon. After all, who would have ever predicted the Democrats would turn on their own decisions to go to war, and then spit on a president and the troops when at war?

Life is unpredictable, and Obama's journey and Dances with Despots has only begun.

As for the thread starter, I relate and will continue to do so in this manner: How would the press have reacted had Bush done this? What would the reaction been? The outcry? How would the ape cartoons looked the next day?

I've been programmed the last 7 years to this, now I'd simply like to see some consistency, and scrutiny on par with the period of 2002 to 2009.

Tell me, how would the press have reacted to Bush asking Cheney about HIS Executive order.

After all, Obama is brilliant... Bush a dimwit... according to those on the left. So why does The Brilliant One require someone to tell Him about His Executive order concerning nothing less serious than the handling of terrorist detainees?

So, how about a little illustration of that brilliance? I've yet to see him exhibit it... and twice now he's told reporters it isn't the time to answer questions.

Who is Obama's brain?

It will be an interesting four years. With Obama-Biden and the mass Clintonista retreads.

Like I said....if this is the best you can do....its gonna be a long eight years for you.

Like I said....if this is the best you can do....its gonna be a long eight years for you.
I'd say it's pretty good considering it's only Day 2.

Don't you expect your president to know what is in his Executive Orders concerning terrorist detainees?

He had a little bit of time to prepare for this "Historic" moment. As did his press secretary that punted the ball down field.

I expect we'll have a lot of fun with The Brilliant One because I suspect he's not near as brilliant as the press has pumped him up to be.

Or....hello. Considering he walked in to say hi and took questions from....nobody?

Actually. You can if you're not holding a press conference. But I want to see where this silly game of yours goes so I'll keep reading hoping for something with some substance.

Ummmm are you paranoid?

Yep. You are. I'd wait for the actual press conference to ask questions.

Yeah when this facade starts to crumble its going to crash hard.

Yeah when this facade starts to crumble its going to crash hard.
Especially when there is scant foundation to support the massive facade.

Media frustration spills into briefing - Michael Calderone - Politico.com
It’s been a bumpy 24 hours for Gibbs and company, as members of the White House press corps have publicly expressed frustration with an administration promising openness and transparency.

He also asked new press secretary Robert Gibbs why ABC, which paid millions to host the DC Neighborhood Ball, was granted the only inauguration day interview with President Obama – a move he equated to “pay to play.”
Sounds like Chicago politics to me. You can take the boy out of Chicago, but not Chicago out of the boy.

Last edited:
:lol: Note the lack of concern by our left wing friends of Obama breaking yet another campaign promise. :roll:

Asked how he could reconcile a strict ban on lobbyists in his administration with a Deputy Defense Secretary nominee who lobbied for Raytheon, Obama interrupted with a knowing smile on his face.

Ratheon's gonna be raking it in without that competition. But then again military industry types have permeated basically all significant governmental organizations, so this really isn't surprising.

Lobbyists are no longer necessary; they all just go for government jobs.

Last edited:

While I have a general problem with the press trying to grill the President outside of a press conference, be it Obama or Bush, it IS good to see the Press actually acting like...well....the Press and actually legitimate, tough questions. They had NO qualms doing this at any time with Bush and liberals had NO qualms with saying "damn skippy" in agreement with them doing it to Bush.

While the time may've been in appropriate, its not unusual in the scope of what's gone on with the press the past 8 years, and the question is completely appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom