• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do YOU think Trump is better looking than Obama? Study suggests right-wing people are

buck

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I've found that, in general, if you look behind a democrat candidate giving a speech, the people behind them are often less attractive than the population in general. If you look behind a republican candidate giving a speech, the people behind them are typically more attractive. The women making up feminist groups are typically less attractive than women in general. etc, etc.

Now we have a study that shows this may actually be true, and not just my imagination:

Do YOU think Trump is better looking than Obama? Study suggests right-wing people are more attractive than those on the left | Daily Mail Online

a new study suggests that attractiveness of a candidate also correlates with their politics. The findings indicates that people in Europe, the US and Australia find right-wing politicians better looking than those on the left.

I never thought that much about the reason, but the study has a couple of potential reasons that I found interesting to think about (not certain they are true, but they certainly are possible).

'Our explanation is that beautiful people earn more, which makes them less inclined to support redistribution.'The researchers also suggest that good-looking people tend to be treated better, and so see the world as a more just place.

Re: Do YOU think Trump is better looking than Obama? Study suggests right-wing people

This is a contender for the least-relevant topic facing us today.

Last edited:
Re: Do YOU think Trump is better looking than Obama? Study suggests right-wing people

now-wait-a-minute-o.gif

I've found that, in general, if you look behind a democrat candidate giving a speech, the people behind them are often less attractive than the population in general. If you look behind a republican candidate giving a speech, the people behind them are typically more attractive. The women making up feminist groups are typically less attractive than women in general. etc, etc.

Now we have a study that shows this may actually be true, and not just my imagination:

Do YOU think Trump is better looking than Obama? Study suggests right-wing people are more attractive than those on the left | Daily Mail Online

I never thought that much about the reason, but the study has a couple of potential reasons that I found interesting to think about (not certain they are true, but they certainly are possible).

He's as pretty as Dame Clinton.

Sitting here sort of Perplexed.

I'm not sure why anyone would spend any money to study this.

But here's another possibility:
People on the right are more likely to let physical appearance influence their voting. As a result, the uglier ones have less chance of winning their primaries and making progress in their party.

Last edited:

Obama has real hair, a real skin tone (not orange), a symmetrical face and an athelete's physique. Trump is completely un****able.

This is a contender for the least-relevant topic facing us today.

It's a new topic. What was it supposed to be relevant to? Not everything has to be entirely reverent to be interesting.

Trump is sooo much hotter...Oops, did I say that out loud??

People on the right are more likely to let physical appearance influence their voting thus politicians on the right tend to be better looking because the uglier ones have less chance of winning primaries and making progress in their party.

I believe the study mentioned that as a possibility too:

They also looked at the Finnish elections in more detail, and found that Republican voters care more about appearance in a candidate than Democratic voters.

I believe the study mentioned that as a possibility too:

You should have included it in the OP then.

Is this the kind of breaking news that rules your life?

I think overall the Republicans have better looking politicians than the Democrats. Though really good looking ones are still a minority. Mitt Romney for example. That said, of course Obama is better looking than Trump. Not that Obama is drop dead gorgeous but Trump is not, and never has been, a good looking guy. Not that it matters.

People on the right are more likely to let physical appearance influence their voting. As a result, the uglier ones have less chance of winning their primaries and making progress in their party.

Your post is as stupid as the OP.

Don't even try to figure it out. It isn't worth the wasted calories.

You should have included it in the OP then.

That was Finnish, so didn't. I made an editorial decision. Shrug

Neither one of them is good looking but Obama is less unattractive than Trump. Obama's goofy looking and Trump is skeevy.

Best looking candidate in recent years was Romney, although Jack Kemp was pretty easy on the eyes, too. And Gore wasn't bad when he was younger and not bloated.

This is just really lame! :doh

Aren't Cruz and Christie on the right?

It's only the extremists who look that way.(extreme republicans, extreme democrats)

Most of the voters can look either way.

Aren't Cruz and Christie on the right?

Yes...and so was Nixon. Some people think Kennedy won because he was more handsome than Nixon.

I always thought Jon Huntsman was handsome. He was a great governor, too....I kinda hate Obama for taking him away from Utah.

Cruz is butt ugly....and way uglier than Nixon.

Last edited:

Trump looks like the north end of a southbound mule. There's nothing political in my assessment. It should be no secret that Melinia was not attracted to the Big Orange Tweeter because of his good looks.

Man this is a tough one.

Barack+Obama+Stylish+Handsome.jpg

or

donald-trump-arianna-huffington-e1346174854211.jpeg

Hmmmmmmmmmm...........I'm going to hafta go with the black guy.

Excellent satire.
Well played, bro.

President Obama is a very handsome man, in my opinion. And that boyish smile?? Be still my heart...

Trump hasn't aged well, in my opinion. Was handsome, though, if that's your type. As to their background people, never noticed. I'd doubt there's much difference.

IMG_0564.jpg

Back
Top Bottom